Anthony Martial

Unionjack

I honestly feel he would be deadly up front for us given the kind of direction we want to head in. 

Lethal finisher, and absolutely lethal dribbler. I haven't seen much of his passing game to be honest, but a player this skilled, I don't think it'd be hard for him to get a groove in the 1-2 touch system. 

Not just that, he is as strong as an ox. 6 foot tall, agile, and an athlete. Wouldn't be surprised if he developed a decent header given his physical gifts if he played up front. 

Really feel this would be a big opportunity missed. He has got all the tools Mbappe has. 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

I honestly feel he would be deadly up front for us given the kind of direction we want to head in. 

Lethal finisher, and absolutely lethal dribbler. I haven't seen much of his passing game to be honest, but a player this skilled, I don't think it'd be hard for him to get a groove in the 1-2 touch system. 

Not just that, he is as strong as an ox. 6 foot tall, agile, and an athlete. Wouldn't be surprised if he developed a decent header given his physical gifts if he played up front. 

Really feel this would be a big opportunity missed. He has got all the tools Mbappe has. 

I THINK that the main thing stopping US getting him (apart from not knowing if we are even looking at him) is Mou

We know his pride. And how hes been made to look like a cunt in various ways. Getting rid of future very good players and then working with and signing a couple of said players being a good example

And him getting shot of Martial who is possibly another one of that example would just ve another reason he is known as a cunt.

I will go against my initial stomach rumblings and say we give them Willian, get Martial and make him world class.

Lets make Mou into a bigger cunt than he already is.

At a reasonable and discount price i would take a punt on him. But for the price being quoted i would clearly pass on him.

I feel i am seeing the same argument people made for Morata before we bought him, given proper opportunity that he can be an elite strike. People praised Morata for all of his abilities and attributes.  What good did that do when he never put it all together? A year later i am wondering why did we pay a club record fee for a player that best season came as a bench player. I was against Morata signing because i thought it was unjustifiable. And unfortunately I think Morata will get another year, people are going to be disappointed if they think he is going to be binned after one season. 

I feel i can make the same argument against Martial, despite his abilities i question if he has the mentality to reach elite level. It is unjust to pay a club record fee for a player that has never put it all together and it is struggling for playing time at his current club. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

At a reasonable and discount price i would take a punt on him. But for the price being quoted i would clearly pass on him.

I feel i am seeing the same argument people made for Morata before we bought him, given proper opportunity that he can be an elite strike. People praised Morata for all of his abilities and attributes.  What good did that do when he never put it all together? A year later i am wondering why did we pay a club record fee for a player that best season came as a bench player. I was against Morata signing because i thought it was unjustifiable. And unfortunately I think Morata will get another year, people are going to be disappointed if they think he is going to be binned after one season. 

I feel i can make the same argument against Martial, despite his abilities i question if he has the mentality to reach elite level. It is unjust to pay a club record fee for a player that has never put it all together and it is struggling for playing time at his current club. 

Morata scored more goals than Drogba did in his first season with us. Not to mention he was injured, down on confidence and struggling with fitness the whole season because of setbacks. 

One season doesn't prove anything. Just like how Salah isn't suddenly the best player alive, nor is he close. 

Martial hasn't even had any setbacks or stumbles really. He just hasn't even been given an opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Morata scored more goals than Drogba did in his first season with us. Not to mention he was injured, down on confidence and struggling with fitness the whole season because of setbacks. 

One season doesn't prove anything. Just like how Salah isn't suddenly the best player alive, nor is he close. 

Martial hasn't even had any setbacks or stumbles really. He just hasn't even been given an opportunity. 

You know what really doesn't change is that we unjustifiably paid enormous price and risk for a player that has the same question mark as he did before we purchased him. Confidence and mental issue is the same question mark Juventus and Real Madrid had. If somehow Sarri makes him a serviceable striker, we would be quite lucky. Even though Conte was supposed to be the guy who would get the best out of him. 

One season? This season is preciously what Morata career has been like, some flashes of brilliance and long stretches of inconsistencies. This is who he is unless Sarri works his best work ever. At this point it is extremely wishful to think he comes good, i am rooting for him though. 

Whether you look to admit it or not Martial career has stagnated. I just watched him today, he looked like a complete scrub against MLS reserves.imo he ruined his body gained a lot of bad muscles, he is a lot slower than he was at Monaco and his PL debut season. 

Luckily i don't think the club is stupid enough to pay anywhere near United asking price, especially since his best position is where our best player plays at. If it wasn't for Conte we would have never paid the enormous price for Morata either. 

49 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

, some flashes of brilliance and long stretches of inconsistencies.

I know I will have to get the CS and tazer out but that is how I see Eden. Theres games where its pointless him even being on the pitch.

Yet there are times when you couldn't stop him with a tranq gun.

Its very hard to keep these type oh players motivated. And at their ages its doubtful they will change If I knew how to I'd be a rich man.

I think the question is do we keep these players and hope they contribute enough when they are on form?

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I know I will have to get the CS and tazer out but that is how I see Eden. Theres games where its pointless him even being on the pitch.

Yet there are times when you couldn't stop him with a tranq gun.

Its very hard to keep these type oh players motivated. And at their ages its doubtful they will change If I knew how to I'd be a rich man.

I think the question is do we keep these players and hope they contribute enough when they are on form?

That means your assessment of Eden is quite erroneous...dont even get me started....

I would give away Willian too. I can't believe that United and Barcelona are interested in him (at 50-60m that too). Even if he has 1-2 good seasons, he's already 30 and even at his best in the last few years, he has never been able to sustain it for an entire season. 

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Ideal scenario is a deal that involves Willian, but JM is a cunt so it won't happen.

No other word for him.

We would have to go in with a food offer to change his mind I think. But with it looking more likely Edens staying we should concentrate on a good balance with him.

I'm not fussy. 1 will do Perisic, Mane, Martial, Bailey, Malcom, Asensio, Isco, Dembele

50 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Ideal scenario is a deal that involves Willian, but JM is a cunt so it won't happen.

Yeah, he had a little pissy fit when Roman sold a 33 year old Cech to Arsenal.  

His head would absolutely explode if a 22 year old Martial came to us and terrorized him for the next 10 years.

Jose Mourinho fires warning to Anthony Martial after Chelsea transfer link

Jose Mourinho has warned Anthony Martial that he should not be expecting to leave Manchester United this summer. Last month, Martial’s agent Philippe Lamboley revealed that the 22-year-old wants to leave Old Trafford following unsuccessful negotiations over a new contract. Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Tottenham have all been linked with a move for the France international before the transfer window closes. But United have the upper hand as they have the option to extend Martial’s deal for a further 12 months until June 2020. And following United’s drab goalless draw against San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday evening, Mourinho told Martial that ‘you cannot do whatever you want in life’.

‘I would like to be in Los Angeles now and I am in San Jose. ‘You cannot do whatever you want in life. ‘I would love to arrive in Los Angeles, to train in Los Angeles and play all my five matches in Los Angeles, and then don’t travel, don’t change hotel and then go back to Manchester. ‘I would like to play against Leicester on Sunday but I have to play on Friday, so you don’t get always in life what you want.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/23/jose-mourinho-fires-warning-anthony-martial-chelsea-transfer-link-7747094/?ito=cbshare

lol

JM reaching full cunt potential yet again, that dressing-room is going to be poison

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Jose Mourinho fires warning to Anthony Martial after Chelsea transfer link

Jose Mourinho has warned Anthony Martial that he should not be expecting to leave Manchester United this summer. Last month, Martial’s agent Philippe Lamboley revealed that the 22-year-old wants to leave Old Trafford following unsuccessful negotiations over a new contract. Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Tottenham have all been linked with a move for the France international before the transfer window closes. But United have the upper hand as they have the option to extend Martial’s deal for a further 12 months until June 2020. And following United’s drab goalless draw against San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday evening, Mourinho told Martial that ‘you cannot do whatever you want in life’.

‘I would like to be in Los Angeles now and I am in San Jose. ‘You cannot do whatever you want in life. ‘I would love to arrive in Los Angeles, to train in Los Angeles and play all my five matches in Los Angeles, and then don’t travel, don’t change hotel and then go back to Manchester. ‘I would like to play against Leicester on Sunday but I have to play on Friday, so you don’t get always in life what you want.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/23/jose-mourinho-fires-warning-anthony-martial-chelsea-transfer-link-7747094/?ito=cbshare

lol

JM reaching full cunt potential yet again, that dressing-room is going to be poison

"You cannot do whatever you want in life"

Pot calling the kettle black there.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You