Anthony Martial

Unionjack

Still don't see him fitting in here unless Hazard is sold. Or if he is content on playing on the bench. He is a wide forward who plays on the left.. he is not effective on the right side, Mourinho played him there over the course of his tenure and he struggled, hence why he signed Mkhitaryian (fair enough he eventually struggled). Fair enough there is a theme of attacking players struggling under Mourinho but putting a left winger/striker on the right wing is going to be pointless. 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Until Utd activate his option.  He effectively has 2 years left.

Yep. That 1 year option they have means that we'd probably be looking at £80m or something for him. Can only happen if we sell Eden.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Yep. That 1 year option they have means that we'd probably be looking at £80m or something for him. Can only happen if we sell Eden.

We aren't selling Eden to fund Martial. Martial would be playing as a striker. That is why we would be selling Willian, not Eden. We turned down the 3rd bid for Willian because we want more. 

I think that this is hold-up with Willian and Barcelona.  We're interested in Martial, Utd are interested in Willian.  So, we have 2 suitors for Willian which means that Marina is going to play hard-ball (her only kind of ball).

If Utd value Willian at 55M, but Martial at 80M, we've got a stand off.  

3 minutes ago, It's too big said:

We aren't selling Eden to fund Martial. Martial would be playing as a striker. That is why we would be selling Willian, not Eden. We turned down the 3rd bid for Willian because we want more. 

Martial taking Willian's spot on the right side of our attack wouldn't be ideal from the United fans I've read. They all say that playing on the right is easily his worst position. 

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think that this is hold-up with Willian and Barcelona.  We're interested in Martial, Utd are interested in Willian.  So, we have 2 suitors for Willian which means that Marina is going to play hard-ball (her only kind of ball).

If Utd value Willian at 55M, but Martial at 80M, we've got a stand off.  

Why would Willian want to go to Utd? He prefers Barcelona. 

Just now, Pizy said:

Martial taking Willian's spot on the right side of our attack wouldn't be ideal from the United fans I've read. They all say that playing on the right is easily his worst position. 

He wouldn't. He would be the striker. It seems like we're looking at a left footed attacker to play in Willian's position on the RW. Leon Bailley and that Brazilian lad have been monitored. 

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Jose.  He'd prefer Barcelona, sure.  But, that doesn't mean he wouldn't want to go to Utd.  

But where would he play? Sanchez plays on the LW, so he can't play there. He is nowhere near as effective on the right side of a front three attack. Unless Jose would have other plans for Willian, which I doubt. He would end up playing in the same position he's played here. Barcelona want him to play on the LW so he can cut in with his right foot, where he's more effective. 

If Bayern are interested in Martial, I think he'll end up going there tbh. Man Utd would not sell to us. It is what annoys me about the Matic/Mata/Lukaku situation, we sold them the former two players and indirectly gave them Lukaku. 

2 minutes ago, It's too big said:

But where would he play? Sanchez plays on the LW, so he can't play there. He is nowhere near as effective on the right side of a front three attack. Unless Jose would have other plans for Willian, which I doubt. He would end up playing in the same position he's played here. Barcelona want him to play on the LW so he can cut in with his right foot, where he's more effective. 

I don't disagree with you.  If he went to Utd, he'd be on the right, for sure.  That's where Jose used him before.  He'd do better at Barcelona, and I'd rather see him at Barcelona than Utd, but I think the hold up there is that we've got 2 clubs (with money) interested in him.

It's my only guess as to why we haven't taken 60M from Barcelona for him.

54 minutes ago, It's too big said:

If Bayern are interested in Martial, I think he'll end up going there tbh. Man Utd would not sell to us. It is what annoys me about the Matic/Mata/Lukaku situation, we sold them the former two players and indirectly gave them Lukaku. 

Utd will sell to us if Willian in the deal 

2 hours ago, It's too big said:

Has Martial even played as a striker before? Did he play there at Monaco? 

He was primarily a CF at Monaco. That is where he played majority of games for them. When United signed him, they also initially played him upfront and he started off with a bang. He eventually was shifted over to the LW. He defo is best as a LW but he can play and score up front.

5 hours ago, It's too big said:

Because we are twats without any foresight sometime and they dont want to strengthen our team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You