Anthony Martial

Unionjack

18 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Isn't this guy another one who insists on only playing on the left wing? Don't know how that helps us.

No, he said that he wants to play as a striker because that is the position he used to play in Monaco. Its just that his technique is so good that he can easily play as a left winger

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, killer1257 said:

No, he said that he wants to play as a striker because that is the position he used to play in Monaco. Its just that his technique is so good that he can easily play as a left winger

My only interest in him is as a striker. I do not even know if Sarri and the board see him as an option there. Surely they must, as other than a dice roll on Piątek the other options are insanely expensive and/or not available, or are ageing stopgaps or even bigger gambles.

1 minute ago, the wes said:

You can fix that problem play him as a striker 😃

Its what UJ and myself whinged on about for entire window. I am still at it, lolol. I am not sold on dropping £60m plus for Piątek yet. He has only 1 goal in last 3 games, and 2 of those matches were against shit teams, in fact all his goals but one (1 v Lazio) have been against shit teams) and Icardi/Dybala are just my pipe dreams.

Just watched Icardi bang in 2 more. Grrrrr.

Maybe Morata is finally on right path.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Its what UJ and myself whinged on about for entire window. I am still at it, lolol. I am not sold on dropping £60m plus for Piątek yet. He has only 1 goal in last 3 games, and 2 of those matches were against shit teams, in fact all his goals but one (1 v Lazio) have been against shit teams) and Icardi/Dybala are just my pipe dreams.

Just watched Icardi bang in 2 more. Grrrrr.

Maybe Morata is finally on right path.

The problem Morata has is not to find the right path but to stay on it or at least put in a shfit when he is off form. He is instantly disheartened by misses and at the same time his confidence does not really improve when he scored resulting in more misses. 

Martial on the other hand is still only 22 and has scored from whatever position he's played and already has dragged himself through rough patches. Twice the striker Lukaku is, just not Jose's pipe dream of a big strong strikerr like Lukaku. Mourinho often forgets that size is not everything. Even for Drogba it was not his size that made him great but how clever he used it and mostly what awesome technique he had. Martial also has great technique and is such a slick finisher with his right. Would love to see him with the midfield we have behind him but never gonna happen. 

• 3 weeks later...

Manchester United are braced for January interest from Juventus and Chelsea in Anthony Martial, as talks over a new contract remain deadlocked, Sky Sports News understands.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11559021/manchester-united-braced-for-january-interest-in-anthony-martial-from-chelsea-and-juventus

Still want him here as our #9, when all realistic options are considered he fits the best for me. Lets ship Willian + cash for Martial. Bring in Fekir or Pulisic and lets get this show on the road.

Fekir/Pulisic                Hazard

Martial

12 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Still want him here as our #9, when all realistic options are considered he fits the best for me. Lets ship Willian + cash for Martial. Bring in Fekir or Pulisic and lets get this show on the road.

Fekir/Pulisic                Hazard

Martial

Martial yes, but then there are issues with the rest

Fekir is more an AMF than a winger, and is a huge injury risk as he has missed a lot of time with multie knee injuries

Pulisic is vastly over priced

would much rather go for Nicolas Pépé from Lille

or

Federico Chiesa

Malcom

Federico Bernardeschi

Suso

• 4 weeks later...

Theres still a chance if we show rel interest in him we could get the guy.

Just been reading that he is still not happy under Mou and why he hasn't signed a new contract.

I reckon if Sarri was to step up and tell him he was NEEDED it could turn his head.

34 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

This is the striker we need to get in January.  Next summer, I think Utd will sack Jose and MArtial will sign a new contract.  It's got to be now.

He would be pretty much ideal if purely for the PL proven and established in the country part.

But I do really want Icardi if at all possible.

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

He would be pretty much ideal if purely for the PL proven and established in the country part.

But I do really want Icardi if at all possible.

I think Martial is more attainable this window.  But, the chances are small, IMO.  I'm still dreaming of Willian for Martial.  

9 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think Martial is more attainable this window.  But, the chances are small, IMO.  I'm still dreaming of Willian for Martial.  

OHHH PLEEEEEZE!!!! Ideal!

Sadly I can't see it.

I think we shall be Martialless and stuck with Willian I'm afraid.

I should have more faith but just going on other seasons lol

11 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think any shot of that happening has unfortunately had its ship sail. Ed Woodward will never sell us Martial.

Here is a Manure-related wild card:

What do you think of Memphis as our CF? He plays it often for Lyon. I think he might be a monster in Sarriball.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You