Anthony Martial

Unionjack

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

He's apparently left raining camp early.  I didn't read this news anywhere, so no source.  Just my Utd buddy.

Media is reporting is due to his girlfriend going into pregnancy. 

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

He's apparently left training camp early.  I didn't read this news anywhere, so no source.  Just my Utd buddy.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5991331/amp/Anthony-Martial-leaves-Manchester-United-pre-season-tour-America-early.html

Daily mail reporting the story now 

Just now, Clockwork said:

Media is reporting is due to his girlfriend going into pregnancy. 

Good for him.  Shame for us.  With Barca getting a Willian Alternative, I was hoping that it was because we had worked something out with Utd.

Congrats on the baby Martial.  You should raise them in South-West London.

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Good for him.  Shame for us.  With Barca getting a Willian Alternative, I was hoping that it was because we had worked something out with Utd.

Congrats on the baby Martial.  You should raise them in South-West London.

Martial is going to be disappointed when he finds out JT the child's real dad 😂😂😂😂😂

It might sound ridiculous, but flying back because his partner is going into labour is the sort of decision Mourinho will likely hate as he demands full commitment from his players. I wouldn't be surprised if it pushes a further wedge between them both which can only be a positive.

Swap Willian for Martial, play Martial as the striker where most United fans think he is best, and then sign Leon Bailey for the right side.

Simple, lads.

I think the only reason we'd have a slim chance at them agreeing is because no foreign clubs would be willing to pay a huge fee for a player that wouldn't be a huge piece for them. Bayern for example are the big foreign club linked but they almost never pay huge fees and he wouldn't start for them anyways.

Both ourselves and Spuds have players they want. Hopefully we at least try. United swapping Martial for Toby A would be the worst case scenario for us. Both sides get better while we're stuck with Willian for another season. Martial would become top class under Poch. Or he could become top class here under Sarri.

I'd love Martial here, there appears to be a lot of untapped potential.

My only worry is if we are viewing him to come in and be our first choice leading striker, he hasn't really yet proven himself yet that he could do this. Would it be a similar situation that we found last season with Morata who had never had the experience of being the main man at a big club and crumbled under the pressure.

However it could be a masterstroke and I could understand how his raw pace and direct nature would fit under Sarri.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

Depends, I guess.  They were able to afford Schurrle's wages.  Aubameyang gone last winter.  Schurrle just now.  They might.

I don't think Schurrle's wages were that heavy. 

My guess is Martial will have to go to a team that can afford to pay in excess of 100k a week in wages. Only a few suitors which makes our claim stronger

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You