• Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think José will be fully expecting the same front 3 that started today in the final. I hope we start both Morata and Giroud. Jones and Smalling are in great form and just marked Harry Kane completely out of the game yesterday. Give them another striker to worry about with Hazard as well.

We can have a load of firepower and fresh legs in Willian and Pedro to bring on if needed.

If we start with both I really fancy us.

Why will you play a lineup that has barely played before in the FA Cup final of all places? 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Thor said:

He created more opportunities for himself in 10 minutes than Giroud did the whole game. Plus, they scored the same amount of goals...

Typical Morata coming on against tired legs vs. a team that’s looking to score hence why they’re quite open at the back, to look better than he actually is imo. He’s been nowhere near as effective when he starts since his slump in form. 

5 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Typical Morata coming on against tired legs vs. a team that’s looking to score hence why they’re quite open at the back, to look better than he actually is imo. He’s been nowhere near as effective when he starts since his slump in form. 

I get what you're saying but aren't we all getting a little picky now with these trivial explanations as to why Morata or whoever else get their goal? In the same vain, one could argue that Giroud got his goals against Southampton last weekend because they sat so deep and started panicking when the pressure was really on them. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I get what you're saying but aren't we all getting a little picky now with these trivial explanations as to why Morata or whoever else get their goal? In the same vain, one could argue that Giroud got his goals against Southampton last weekend because they sat so deep and started panicking when the pressure was really on them. 

I don’t know, too small of a sample to say for sure but I do feel we attack better as a team with Giroud leading the line against teams that sit deep regardless anyway since his holdup and linkup play is better than Morata’s. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

I don’t know, too small of a sample to say for sure but I do feel we attack better as a team with Giroud leading the line against teams that sit deep regardless anyway since his holdup and linkup play is better than Morata’s. 

Maybe but discrediting Morata's goal just because he came on against tiring legs is silly. 

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Just stating the truth really. He discredits himself with his awful finishing. 

Look, I don't disagree that he needs to improve on his finishing (and fast!) and just like you and everyone else, I've been frustrated with him but at the end of the day, a goal is a goal. Discrediting the player for scoring and just to suit an agenda is very petty. If we're gonna start doing that, then we might as well start doing for others as well.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Look, I don't disagree that he needs to improve on his finishing (and fast!) and just like you and everyone else, I've been frustrated with him but at the end of the day, a goal is a goal. Discrediting the player for scoring and just to suit an agenda is very petty. If we're gonna start doing that, then we might as well start doing for others as well.

There’s no agenda - he literally missed guilt edged chances in the same game with his feet - a problem he’s had during his time here. I wasn’t even really talking about his goal either - was actually talking about the chances, so not too sure where you’re getting that I discredited his goal from. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

There’s no agenda - he literally missed guilt edged chances in the same game with his feet - a problem he’s had during his time here. I wasn’t even really talking about his goal either - was actually talking about the chances, so not too sure where you’re getting that I discredited his goal from. 

You kinda insinuated that in your initial reply to Thor. Besides, if you really didn't mean to discredit him, you could have mentioned it from the start. <_<