• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

Hazard finally producing a top game again. It's been a while. He should've scored though. 9/10.

Kante was good too. Emerson had his moments but failed to get really involved. I am impressed by how he has dealt with the physicality of English football though. Solid perfomance overall.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Hazard needs to maintain this level for the final. He was outstanding today.

I'm more condident of that knowing its United and not Spurs. I'm always wary when its Liverpool, Spurs, City and even Arsenal due to the way they play. But against United he should see more of the ball I hope. 

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

what good is creating chances for yourself if you re not going to put them in the back of the net, like i said, lack of confidence atm

What good is having Giroud out there not creating anything and thus having less chances? 

If you have a 60 million striker, and he is still out there creating, and still scoring with his head, play him, let him keep having those chances, and he'll take them eventually. 

The ball got cleared off the line. It happens. Victim of his own wrong doing earlier in the season, but people need to lay off, really. Comes on and scores and people complain about his performance. 

He sealed the game off. Nuff said. 

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Hazard finally producing a top game again. It's been a while. He should've scored though. 9/10.

Kante was good too. Emerson had his moments but he failed to get really involved. I am impressed by how he has dealt with the physicality of English football. Solid perfomance overall.

I was a bit disappointed the players didn't use Emerson more. A few times he burned his man for pace. 

I thought he started off poor, but played really well in the middle part of the game and right at the end there. 

Kante was immense today. He was the main reason we kept winming the ball back. Eden criticised his own performances of the past few months and after today you can see why. He was unplayable today.

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

What good is having Giroud out there not creating anything and thus having less chances? 

If you have a 60 million striker, and he is still out there creating, and still scoring with his head, play him, let him keep having those chances, and he'll take them eventually. 

The ball got cleared off the line. It happens. Victim of his own wrong doing earlier in the season, but people need to lay off, really. Comes on and scores and people complain about his performance. 

He sealed the game off. Nuff said. 

yes he scored, hats off to him, spoon fed by Azpi's cross, sound familiar? i rather Giroud all round play and clinical in front of goal than a low on confidence Morata,  im waiting to see if Morata starts in the final and has a shitter, then i will to see your excuse, of course i want him to score, but im not expecting too much from him thats for sure, at least for now, but i would like him to prove me wrong. Im not going to argue with you more about Morata. Cheers and good day

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

yes he scored, hats off to him, spoon fed by Azpi's cross, sound familiar? i rather Giroud all round play and clinical in front of goal than a low on confidence Morata,  im waiting to see if Morata starts in the final and has a shitter, then i will to see your excuse, of course i want him to score, but im not expecting too much from him thats for sure, at least. Im not going to argue with you more about Morata. Cheers and good day

Spot on. Moratas tantrum last time would be like rewarding a spoilt child of he'd started -as it is he's matured a bit by making him come on and prove himself. Do the same in the final -Giroud first, then bring on Morata. 

8 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I'm more condident of that knowing its United and not Spurs. I'm always wary when its Liverpool, Spurs, City and even Arsenal due to the way they play. But against United he should see more of the ball I hope. 

Biggest question is - who's gonna park the bigger bus?

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

yes he scored, hats off to him, spoon fed by Azpi's cross, sound familiar? i rather Giroud all round play and clinical in front of goal than a low on confidence Morata,  im waiting to see if Morata starts in the final and has a shitter, then i will to see your excuse, of course i want him to score, but im not expecting too much from him thats for sure, at least for now, but i would like him to prove me wrong. Im not going to argue with you more about Morata. Cheers and good day

I agree Johnny. I'm taking Giroud all day to start the final. Morata might be the better player but Giroud is the better striker right now and is higher on confidence than Morata. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Biggest question is - who's gonna park the bigger bus?

Most times Conte's Chelsea have faced Mourinho's United its been the Blues doing more of the football but it remains to be seen how it goes when the game is played on a neutral ground. 

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I agree Johnny. I'm taking Giroud all day to start the final. Morata might be the better player but Giroud is the better striker right now and is higher on confidence than Morata. 

Not to mention there is a nice little chemistry between Giroud and Hazard.

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

Not to mention there is a nice little chemistry between Giroud and Hazard.

If there's one thing that annoys me about them is their tendency to overplay the backheels and 1-2s. Sometimes, it looks as they want to do so for the sake of it rather than just make effective, more efficient plays.

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

How many times has that been the case ? (Rhetorical)

I know mate. He is without a doubt the first name on the teamsheet every single game.

Think José will be fully expecting the same front 3 that started today in the final. I hope we start both Morata and Giroud. Jones and Smalling are in great form and just marked Harry Kane completely out of the game yesterday. Give them another striker to worry about with Hazard as well.

We can have a load of firepower and fresh legs in Willian and Pedro to bring on if needed.

If we start with both I really fancy us.