Paulo Ferreira

chrismada9

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shouldn't... but as long as he wants to play for us and has quality to do it, why not. Better than having Cristiano Analdo at ManU. Again, if anybody is to leave from the right side, I would pick Bella.. because of his age mostly (hey, Ferreira doesn't blossom anymore either... so if you ask me, get them both out and get some Dani Alves in or stick with Ivanovic... but I tend to be happy with what we got)

Edited by manpe

A matter of finance perhaps?

I can see your point about keeping a more defensively minded right-back, but we may just not have received offers for Juliano whereas we did Paulo, so Paulo would be the one to go. Of course, maybe the club really were just keeping two attack minded right-backs instead. Perhaps that is what Scolari wants. We are definitely using wingbacks with our current formation rather than full backs. Everytime we get the ball, Ashley and Jose are level with the midfield.

I actually don't think we have three right backs. I'd say we have two wing backs and one right backs; because Belletti and Boz aren't the best at defending, to put it nicely, however our system does utilise full-backs, when Paulo is a solid defender who always is willing to answer the call. Can't ask for more.

Edited by BlueLion

Well we actually have four players who can play at right back, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Belletti and Ivanovic. Plus then Essien if we absolutely desperate. Would rather Belletti went, we already have an attacking right back in Bosingwa and Paolo is more versatile, can play right or left, Ivanovic is dying to play so we should have just sold or loaned out Belletti cos he really is a surplus

• 4 months later...

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is eyeing across town to boost his fullback options.

The Daily Mail says Redknapp remains on the lookout for a right back, having failed to sign former Liverpool defender Steve Finnan on loan from Spanish side Espanyol.

The Spurs manager is keen on Chelsea's Paulo Ferreira, who has slipped behind Jose Bosingwa in the Stamford Bridge pecking order after signing a five-year deal only 12 months ago.

I wouldn't be too unhappy to let him go, but with that being said, I think we should keep him until the summer at least, just so we have experienced cover in Belletti and Ferreira for the full-back positions. I say this because Scolari seems to prefer Belletti in an attacking role, so if that is the case, at least we have traditional back up in PF19.

Belletti is great, feel sorry for him a bit that he dont play much, he certainly could do a very consistant job for someone else. Paulo should be the one to go because he dont play at all. I think he'll be gone soon.

In previous seasons Paolo has done a very good job, Belletti is a half decent Right Back but for some reason he keeps coming on as a midfielder for reasons unbeknown to me just shows how backwards we have gone

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You