test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Southampton 2-3 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Zappacosta
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

139 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, Thor said:

Absolutely unfair. 

We completely changed tactics once we went 2-0 down. Now back to 5 at the back after taking the lead. 

I wouldn't trust Morata to bury those chances Giroud had sadly.

Johnnyeye and bigbluewillie like this

A comeback from 0-2 to 3-2 up, away from home, in 8 minutes, is always something special and I am happy we managed to produce something like that in this moment. The only shame is that the top 4 is really far away. If we were still in the fight, today would taste even better.

Johnnyeye and Sideshow Luiz like this

im just wondering, where the fuck was this attitude during the entire season? this is the fight and desire i was talking about

Stats likes this

Never expected us to turn it around. Massive props to Giroud for scoring from nothing to start the turn around

the wes and Johnnyeye like this

3 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

im just wondering, where the fuck was this attitude during the entire season? this is the fight and desire i was talking about

'cos hw brought on 2 players with some fire in their bellies, ie and particularly Giroud, then Pedro

Johnnyeye likes this

4 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

It makes a huge difference when you have a fighter like Giroud up front instead of lifeless Morata.

LAM09, Johnnyeye, the wes and 1 other like this

Well, that was, err, interesting. Was literally pissed off the second we went 2-0 down and turned the TV and minutes later, it's 3-2. Best celebrate this moment while it lasts.

Johnnyeye and Antonio8 like this

3 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

It makes a huge difference when you have a fighter like Giroud up front instead of lifeless Morata.

Always hilarious when people form opinion based on goals...

Blue Armour likes this

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Giroud needs to started the next game 

Johnnyeye and !Hazard! like this

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Always hilarious when people form opinion based on goals...

It isn't the goals. It's the way he chases every ball, how he bullies every defender and actually looks likes he gives a damn. That's what I want to see when I watch Chelsea or Premier League football in general. Morata often plays like a man without a soul.

Johnnyeye and bigbluewillie like this

To go 2-0 down at Southampton is really poor I felt but glad to see we turned it around was a great comeback. If only we had put in something sort of effort in the games against Watford and Bournemouth when trailing... 

Johnnyeye likes this

It isn't the goals. It's the way he chases every ball, how he bullies every defender and actually looks likes he gives a damn. That's what I want to see when I watch Chelsea or Premier League football in general. Morata often plays like a man without a soul.

:lol: 

Morata was pretty good the last 2/3 games I felt? Dont think im the only one who thought that either. A man without a soul? Aww cmon. If that’s the case you could argue the team has been playing like a team “without a soul” except Kante over the last few months. 

Blue Armour likes this

20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Morata was pretty good the last 2/3 games I felt? Dont think im the only one who thought that either. A man without a soul? Aww cmon. If that’s the case you could argue the team has been playing like a team “without a soul” except Kante over the last few months. 

I know Morata hasn't been WOW but just look at the difference in reaction. Giroud scored two goals today and everyone has gone mental over him. Morata scored two goals in last two goals - especially an important one at Leicester - and there was barely a word about it.

OneMoSalah and Blue Armour like this

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know Morata hasn't been WOW but just look at the difference in reaction. Giroud scored two goals today and everyone has gone mental over him. Morata scored two goals in last two goals - especially an important one at Leicester - and there was barely a word about it.

Yes! but he still goes down to easy, and then complaining.

imo he's not a chelsea type striker, we need a Jimi Floyd, a Drog, or even Diego, instead with Morata we've got Mary Poppins

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this