test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Group G - Belgium, Tunisia, Panama, England

Started by Jason,

117 posts in this topic
28 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Curse of the xommentator really

s happy for england. Teams like the terrorists should not be at the wc. Makes me angry when they get boosted by corrupted regs

I'm going to give you this one opportunity to remove what you said, or shall I do it and ban you?

11Drogba and Panic like this

24 minutes ago, DDA said:

Walker was poor in the CB position.

Lingaard was poor.

Maguire was excellent. A few dodgy passes but his defensive game was top notch.

Trippier was very good too. 

Young though? That one did baffle me.

Lesser of the evils. Rose has spectacularly declined and other options like Bertrand and Shaw are too limited offensively for wing back.

Hope Sarri and Zola could get the best out of the RLC. He could be absolute monster.

50 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Lesser of the evils. Rose has spectacularly declined and other options like Bertrand and Shaw are too limited offensively for wing back.

IMO having good defensive stability is basis for anything else, especialy for a team like England.

Young is dogshit in defence, tonight England looked very shaky quite a few times. 

When (if) they play any quality drilled side like Germany, Spain, Brazil,...they will have to defend for big portion of the game IMO. You need your defenders to defend well more than attack in such games. Bertand IMO would be more solid choice for such game. And he isnt exactly awful in attack either.

Delph was quite decent for city too, maybe he should get the chance over Young.

England would suit counter football more right now. But they simply dont have defence capable for such play.

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

IMO having good defensive stability is basis for anything else, especialy for a team like England.

Young is dogshit in defence, tonight England looked very shaky quite a few times. 

When (if) they play any quality drilled side like Germany, Spain, Brazil,...they will have to defend for big portion of the game IMO. You need your defenders to defend well more than attack in such games. Bertand IMO would be more solid choice for such game. And he isnt exactly awful in attack either.

Delph was quite decent for city too, maybe he should get the chance over Young.

England would suit counter football more right now. But they simply dont have defence capable for such play.

If it was a back four i'd agree, but with the wingback role the offense game must be factored in more, else we'd just get pinned into a back 5 vs any half decent side and get soundly beaten anyway. Betrand has a decent cross but his overall link up play lacks to much for wingback, although he could have been an option for LCB.

Southgate is actually winning me over big time, for the first time in my lifetime there seems to be a genuine identity and direction with the national team.

A disgrace of a performance from England.
Southgate should board the next plane home and the team continues with Kane as player-manager.
Loftus Cheek saved the day and serviced the winning goal against the amateurs from Africa.

In the other match Belgium showed strength and they remain strong candidates for the world cup.

Southgate should board the next plane home and the team continues with Kane as player-manager.
Loftus Cheek saved the day and serviced the winning goal against the amateurs from Africa.

In the other match Belgium showed strength and they remain strong candidates for the world cup.
Belgium weren't much better against arguably the second weakest team in Russia.

Just now, LAM09 said:
1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

Belgium weren't much better against arguably the second weakest team in Russia.

3-0 and they 're not the second weakest.
Panama is on a par with Costa Rica in central America.

3-0 and they 're not the second weakest.
Panama is on a par with Costa Rica in central America.
You're comparing a team that were a kick away from the semis in Brazil to one that's at a WC for the first time.

Please stop

Just now, LAM09 said:

You're comparing a team that were a kick away from the semis in Brazil to one that's at a WC for the first time.

Please stop

That's why I 'm comparing them.
CR were lucky and also they owed everything to Navas, but I 've been watching both since. About equivalent.

That's why I 'm comparing them. CR were lucky and also they owed everything to Navas, but I 've been watching both since. About equivalent.

Finish top in a group that contained Italy, England & Uruguay wasn't down to "luck". More like nations underestimating them and they took full advantage.   

Forgot they also beat Greece in the second round, so that clears this discussion up.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Finish top in a group that contained Italy, England & Uruguay wasn't down to "luck". More like nations underestimating them and they took full advantage.

Forgot they also beat Greece in the second round, so that clears this discussion up.

Greece was a disgrace of a team, yet CR found it extremely difficult. It was in pens was n't it ?
They also beat England (the ghost of England).
When Greece came back they were losing to the likes of Ulster, Faroe islands ...
Costa Rica and Panama play the same level of football anyway. Not good, not terribly bad. Tunis is way below both.

Greece was a disgrace of a team, yet CR found it extremely difficult. It was in pens was n't it ?
When Greece came back they were losing to the likes of Ulster, Faroe islands ...
Costa Rica and Panama play the same level of football anyway. Not good, not terribly bad. Tunis is way below both.

I'm not English or have any interest in how they perform in general, so I'm just saying how I see it.

Tunisia are nowhere near as bad as you're making out, but we can agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

I think Tunisia will win vs Panama. 

10 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I'm going to give you this one opportunity to remove what you said, or shall I do it and ban you?

He didn't do anything about it, so I did. 2 week break with monitored content on arrival back.

English media before world cup;

"Lets not overhype and pressure the english team, we learned from the past etc etc ..."

English media after win vs tunisia

"Harry Kane - legend of england",

"What would happen if england won WC" 

:lol:

It has begun...

Johnnyeye and manpe like this

The hype after yesterday's win was typical, bordering on silly, it's one game.

This England side are still very much a work in progress, they will also be exposed so much more against better quality.

I wonder how Eden will get on with the Tunis MMA team? I watched an interview he gave recently where he said that he 'loves' being fouled and the physical games. Then I remembered when Mou kept saying that all the fouling would drive Eden out of the country. Really hard to know what to think. But Tunis was very physical against us so we shall see how this goes eh. Can only see one result tho. Lets hope its not another 1-0

I'm normally happy to see players looking like they mean business but I normally find thats the opposite with Eden. I find when hes acting all cheeky,smiling,showing off, that hes on his best form and he will have a good game.. It was the same in the 1st game. I really think hes putting too much pressure on himself to show that he can be in the top level. Instead of just going out,be himself and enjoy the game.. I hope he has a good one of course.

As a side note isn't it great to see Lamps and Drogs together in the studio eh!