test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

General World Cup Thread

Started by Jason,

101 posts in this topic

That 1st goal of Stones was brilliant. The England in the box had MMA holds on them, they took them to the sides of the box and Stones slips in with the header. Great stuff.

Johnnyeye likes this

10 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nah, as much as I like having better team in wc, it is important to have balance. In the end it is great to give opportunity to different continent. 

Well what most important is that the most favorites and the stronger ones that should have play instead. How many Panama, Tunisia, Costa Rica populations/fans again? Half of their own populations might not even care about it, let alone the rest of the world. If Italy make it for example, a lot of fans across the world will be happy, that means more viewer, more profit.

3 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

I went out to buy some beers during the 1st half.
Now I backed England -6.

goodluck, everytime i make a bet like that online somehow i end up screwed over in the end

We 'd be giving more opportunity to the weakies, Australasia-Central and North America, etc if we allowd them to compete more frequently with Europe in cross-continent qualification groups.

2 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

I went out to buy some beers during the 1st half.
Now I backed England -6.

Bad planning mate. Get mates to bring it with them like me. Cheaper too lol Or buy stuff the other lads dont drink. I'm the only Guinness drinker so I know I'm safe if I stick them in the fridge! Well depends on how the session goes I suppose lol  I dont post when I'm chemically unballanced as Ive learned from my mistakes so the steaks are on the barby  Have a good rest of day guys.

Solante!

56 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Bad planning mate. Get mates to bring it with them like me. Cheaper too lol Or buy stuff the other lads dont drink. I'm the only Guinness drinker so I know I'm safe if I stick them in the fridge! Well depends on how the session goes I suppose lol  I dont post when I'm chemically unballanced as Ive learned from my mistakes so the steaks are on the barby  Have a good rest of day guys.

Solante!

Half pint Amstels. I did n't even drink any of them yet.

2 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Well what most important is that the most favorites and the stronger ones that should have play instead. How many Panama, Tunisia, Costa Rica populations/fans again? Half of their own populations might not even care about it, let alone the rest of the world. If Italy make it for example, a lot of fans across the world will be happy, that means more viewer, more profit.

For me it is important to give a nice balance. Because if we just do it like you said then in Ucl, England should have 6 teams. The smaller teams won't be happy, same in wc. 

Btw soon wc is going to be expanded to 48 teams, I am pretty sure euro will get additional quota. 

Btw nobody talk imo the star of this tournament so far VAR. 

I thought with VAR, there will be no more horrible ref decision. I understand if it is close, or really 50-50 but some of the decisions are just bad and too soft imo. Hence player tend to dive more and demand for VAR review. 

36 minutes ago, communicate said:

Btw nobody talk imo the star of this tournament so far VAR. 

I thought with VAR, there will be no more horrible ref decision. I understand if it is close, or really 50-50 but some of the decisions are just bad and too soft imo. Hence player tend to dive more and demand for VAR review. 

Diving and pretending to be hurt is my pet hate and it really pisses m off no matter who does it. It happens so much that its difficult sometimes for refs to know if its real or not. Nut when some twat is rolling on the floor dying you can normally say hes pretending.  Specially when they take a quick looksee to see if anyone's taking any notice before carrying on. Then like magic they jump up and running after the ball. Pathetic.

But Ronaldo never went anywhere near that guys face yet he went down holding it. But Ronaldo gets booked! I dont like the guy but that was wrong.

Iggy Doonican and Johnnyeye like this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Diving and pretending to be hurt is my pet hate and it really pisses m off no matter who does it. It happens so much that its difficult sometimes for refs to know if its real or not. Nut when some twat is rolling on the floor dying you can normally say hes pretending.  Specially when they take a quick looksee to see if anyone's taking any notice before carrying on. Then like magic they jump up and running after the ball. Pathetic.

But Ronaldo never went anywhere near that guys face yet he went down holding it. But Ronaldo gets booked! I dont like the guy but that was wrong.

Funny, I thought with VAR we will have less diving, but I feel like we will have more because now honestly it is just too soft. That Ronaldo incident was nothing. Not a red card. 

For me I don't like the number of penalties in this tournament, too high for my liking but with var slight tuck or contact player will start falling asking for video review. Maybe defender will play differently now but I want defender to be allowed some kind of contact, if not it is pretty impossible to defend. 

Forget to add. Please do not review the incident in slow motion. That is just bad way to look at the incident. Use the slow motion to judge wether there is contact or the foul location but not whether the contact is severe enough for a penalty or red card. 

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

You see 6 foot geezers who must have a fairly high pain threshold because they have tattoos all over the their bodies yet someone lays a finger on them or taps them on the ankle and their writhing round the floor in agony fucking wankers the lot of them.

Unionjack and Johnnyeye like this

bring on the round of 16, very good match ups, the only surprise is Germany not among the qualified teams, but in general its ok. This World Cup compared to past years is not very exciting, but we'll see what happens now from the round of 16 onwards. Cheers and goodluck to all involved here at TC.

11Drogba likes this

Elimination rounds started well, I hope we see some exciting games like this from now on.

Johnnyeye likes this

Second half was even better. After the group stage games this is what I needed. Amazing Mbappe. And another goal while I am writing this.

Johnnyeye likes this

Good first game. Argentina like I predicted before the tournament has horrendous defense. Mbappe easily beat them purely by pace. They conceded 2 easy goals. 

Come on England !
Special dedication song from me to you:

Ive read much of the classical haters - guys saying we are belgian fan boys - ive seen the same posts of you year after year - and i fought against those posts for years because they were off topic - hazard was great - kdb was a great talent (i never mentioned lukaku ).... most from the brazil  flag - ive been here for much longer than you.... you win in the forum now - but we win on the pitch. Before you the forum was fun 🤪 take that. The cynism was so great - and everytime we were plastic - you know who you are - and with a big fucking finger i now say fuck you - all the the guys were there - kdb, hazard als lukaku - and there is more to come .... 

I remember so many talks that Eden sucks and we were plastics - funny from a Cyprus guys (yes you know who you are)

Sometimes its hard to be a real fan and being belgian.... for nine years you give your time to the team and this forum.... the only thing some say: you are a plastic. Im sure Weckerz can relate, we were the first on here.

I see Robguima posting the same stuff ... years after years with the same arguments he made me years ago.... nothing new. I see some other that have been banned before do the same. I had great older guys from england (one more than 80) being teased into a controversy. Ive seen alex disappear, choulo my main man on this forum go away, the gang that had fun and killed the turks with gifs as they tried to conquer this forum. A lot of the old guys know. Id love a bit of that chelsea . Speak up..... plzzzz

4F20AC52-2F5C-42D8-AAA8-EE5EDA215C53.gif.0f203c0e52b1af795a981b25da625442.gif

milan.cech and RoyalBlues like this