test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

General World Cup Thread

Started by Jason,

101 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm not averse to having some physical contact as long as the ref lets both sides do it. But some of it has been bordering on ABH. That one where Amrabat grabbed Gurreiro and took half his skin with him. Musta stung. was probably the bang on the head sent him doolally.

Makes you wonder why they have VAR half the time. Mind you something like Lampards 'non goal' against Germany shouldn't happen again.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Makes you wonder why they have VAR half the time. Mind you something like Lampards 'non goal' against Germany shouldn't happen again.

Would have changed the whole game. Pub I watched it in went bonkers.

Johnnyeye and Fulham Broadway like this

I am getting sick of hearing how bad Argentina is as a squad and that Messi has to do it all himself. 

Aguero, Higuain, Dybala, Di Maria, Fazio, Otamendi, Biglia, Rojo, Pavon, Mascherano, Not to mention no Icardi or Laturo Martinez. 

Seems like Sampaoli has made some bad cuts and even worse lineup decisions. Why keep Fazio/Di Maria/Dybala on the bench? play the talent. Messi might be a better player, but Ronaldo is doing way more for his country with either the same level or a bit worse squad. 

DDA and Johnnyeye like this

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

I am getting sick of hearing how bad Argentina is as a squad and that Messi has to do it all himself. 

Aguero, Higuain, Dybala, Di Maria, Fazio, Otamendi, Biglia, Rojo, Pavon, Mascherano, Not to mention no Icardi or Laturo Martinez. 

Seems like Sampaoli has made some bad cuts and even worse lineup decisions. Why keep Fazio/Di Maria/Dybala on the bench? play the talent. Messi might be a better player, but Ronaldo is doing way more for his country with either the same level or a bit worse squad. 

I have no idea what this manager is thinking to be honest.

Johnnyeye likes this

14 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Then you don't watch enough international football. International football is all about defence, Argentina has the most porous defence I have ever seen. Absolutely horrific,even they look like they are going to concede everytime against Iceland who is not known to have good attack. 

It does not matter if you have all the best strikers in the world. That is the reality of international football. Built a solid defense first, do not concede,pray that you score at the other end. 

People say but Ronaldo have worse squad and Portugal won. Ronaldo played quite poor at euro and they still won. Like I said having good attacker is a bonus,having a good defensive structure is the most important. 

El P., Johnnyeye and 11Drogba like this

Portugal isn't relying on CR to orchestrate their whole play, they rely on him only to score when given the chance, and he is doing that.

Argentina have no midfield, pressure on Messi is to create everything. But even then, he should have done better. You could've seen that at ours (Croatian) third goal - he was just standing in their box, Rakitić and Kovačić were practically dancing and doing anything they like.

But, please stop talking about that cunts (I'm looking at you Otamendi) - talk about our midfield. I wish Chelsea could have anything close to Croatia's midfield...

Johnnyeye likes this

Messi should do better, but it's prob difficult not to be frustrated with the team... they could not string two passes together from the back. Yes Croatia was pressing very well esp with their amazing midfield. Modric is top5 for me and has been for a few years. But Otamendi (terrible on the ball!) and surprisingly even mascherano could not string two passes from the back.

That transition from the back is so important.

12 hours ago, El P. said:

Portugal isn't relying on CR to orchestrate their whole play, they rely on him only to score when given the chance, and he is doing that.

Argentina have no midfield, pressure on Messi is to create everything. But even then, he should have done better. You could've seen that at ours (Croatian) third goal - he was just standing in their box, Rakitić and Kovačić were practically dancing and doing anything they like.

But, please stop talking about that cunts (I'm looking at you Otamendi) - talk about our midfield. I wish Chelsea could have anything close to Croatia's midfield...

Messi is having horrible tournament, basically he has played like crap for two games. But for me that doesn't matter at all, the fact that they cannot keep clean sheet for two games should be their biggest concern. You cannot expect to do well in international tournaments if you keep conceding. 

Ronaldo is the main contender for golden ball and has played brilliant being a counter outlet for Portugal, he is fantastic turning long ball into counter attacking opportunity. 

Croatia has absolutely fantastic midfielder in Rakitic, kovacic and modric. Probably only Spain better midfield control 

Johnnyeye likes this

The performance of Chelsea players so far:

Hazard - super
Ruddiger - good
Courtois - ok
Willian - awful
Caballero - awful

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

The performance of Chelsea players so far:

Hazard - super
Ruddiger - good
Courtois - ok
Willian - awful
Caballero - awful

RLC to be determined

Panama, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Costa Rica instead of Italy, Netherlands, Chile. Surely something can be done in the future, so that these below par teams would not make it to the main phase of WC. Well, heard that there will be 48 teams format in the future. More quota should be given to Europe ultimately.

2 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Panama, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Costa Rica instead of Italy, Netherlands, Chile. Surely something can be done in the future, so that these below par teams would not make it to the main phase of WC. Well, heard that there will be 48 teams format in the future. More quota should be given to Europe ultimately.

Yeah. It's silly.
I like everyone to participate and there are some legend players from Central America like Senteno, Navas.
But you can't have e.g. Italy out and Panama in.
Let there be cross-continental qualification groups.

RoyalBlues likes this

15 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Nah, as much as I like having better team in wc, it is important to have balance. In the end it is great to give opportunity to different continent. 

England are simply coasting this, Panama players are nothing but thugs lol, they have no business in a football pitch, expect more England goals in the 2nd half. Cheers

Unionjack likes this