test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

General World Cup Thread

Started by Jason,

52 posts in this topic

Think Germany will not even get to SF this time, although I will be happy if I'm proven wrong, cause I have enjoy the moment being one of their fan 4 years ago.

Think Belgium will go as far to SF this year, which is not bad at all (they are more than capable to finished 3rd).

I know they have been utter shit at qualification, but think it will be Argentina this year.

At 13/2 France must be worth having a quid or 2 on them. On paper they've got an amazing side.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

At 13/2 France must be worth having a quid or 2 on them. On paper they've got an amazing side.

I'm going to do an acca group winners pretty straightforward only two tricky groups. I'm going to let head rule heart and say Belgium but I don't know enough about Columbia and Poland will probably go Columbia.

18 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm going to do an acca group winners pretty straightforward only two tricky groups. I'm going to let head rule heart and say Belgium but I don't know enough about Columbia and Poland will probably go Columbia.

I've not been hopeful about an England team since Italia 90 when they then did a Chelsea and didn't even qualify for the next one. And done nothing to write home about since. But all Ive been reading and seeing in interviews is how all the lads are getting on well together. Eating,going out, making up games etc (Like a All Ages version of '90) and I always think that is a big help. So MIGHT even have a squid on them for a laugh.

16 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I've not been hopeful about an England team sice Italia 90 when they then did a Chelsea and didn't even qualigy for the next one. And done nothing to write home about since. But all Ive been reading and seeing in interviews is how all the lads are getting on well together. Eating,going out, making up games etc (Like a All Ages version of '90) and I always think that is a big help. So MIGHT even have a squid on them for a laugh.

I hear this, although I wasn't around for Italia 90.

What's different about this bunch of players and our expected 2000-2010 'golden generation' was never a cohesive team. Rio said it on BT once that they still had club alligences when they went to England games/tournaments because of how little they interact outside of their clubs.

These new generation guys like Rashford, Lingard, Loftus-Cheek, Alli, Jones, Smalling, Sterling.. They're all boys. They've been plaing for the youth setups for years under the same manager, so I'm hopeful of being less disappoint than usual.

Unionjack likes this

Just been checking what the UK telly coverage is like for it. will be strange being able to watch 4 games a day sometimes.

Well that schedules great up until the 25th when they then alter that schedule to have 2 games playing at the same time so we can only watch 2 games LIVE.

can anyone tell me why that schedule is altered when it seems to work out fine for the first 11 days?

57 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Just been checking what the UK telly coverage is like for it. will be strange being able to watch 4 games a day sometimes.

Well that schedules great up until the 25th when they then alter that schedule to have 2 games playing at the same time so we can only watch 2 games LIVE.

can anyone tell me why that schedule is altered when it seems to work out fine for the first 11 days?

Can't believe that 5live have given that preening bellend Robbie Savage his own breakfast show. He gives no insight and all he does is arse lick his mates Mark Hughes etc. But he believes your opinion doesn't count unless you have played the game professionally yet here is commenting on the World Cup something he never played in.

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

The last games of each group are at the same time to avoid teams gaining an advantage from knowing the result of the other game beforehand.

23 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

The last games of each group are at the same time to avoid teams gaining an advantage from knowing the result of the other game beforehand.

Ahhh! Never thought of that.

But then the teams will always know how the others are getting on wont they.

28 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Ahhh! Never thought of that.

But then the teams will always know how the others are getting on wont they.

It's to avoid the 1982 scandal when Austria and West Germany played keepball for most of the match so they both qualified and Algeria didn't who had played the day before. You must remember that UJ it was massive at the time.

Unionjack likes this

52 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Our Prem and FA Cup winner Yuri Zhirkov playing for the hosts

When we played pre season in the USA a few years ago and I'm sure he did it on purpose the stadium announcer said '' Coming on for Chelsea is no 11 Yuri Jerk Off the crowd were pissing themselves :D

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, cosmicway said:

You don't think Belgium has a chance ?

they got a chance.  teams with less talent than them have won major tournaments like Greece,Denmark,Portugal,Argentina.Czechoslovakia. during the last 42 years. although   England too have that and few are thinking they have a chance. both have a chance if they have a good tournament and enough luck.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

When we played pre season in the USA a few years ago and I'm sure he did it on purpose the stadium announcer said '' Coming on for Chelsea is no 11 Yuri Jerk Off the crowd were pissing themselves :D

Joseph Hudgins as Dr. Flexi Jerkoff; William Dennis Hunt as Emperor Wang the Perverted

Flesh Gordon

Iggy Doonican likes this