Aaron Ramsey

the wes

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

It is like buying him for £45m and paying him around £180K per week, which no one would bat an eye over

True, but I wonder if his team mates will see it in that perspective.  Could be opening a can of worms to their pay structure in the future.  Guess that's for down the road.

52 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He is going to be on around 150k-200k pw.

The 400k is completely invented by british press.

from the BBC

then there is this

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal/aaron-ramsey-wages-juventus-playing-down-bumper-pay-packet-to-avoid-dressing-room-unrest-a4064416.html

both are well above your no-link claim

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Agresti is very reliable for juve releated stuff and Di Marzio for serie a in general. Both quoted deal is 7mio per year net (12,6m gross in italy) + bonuses. I believe those two more than Ornstein who just unloaded load of crap to make a hot topic.

Who would believe Juve would pay Ramsey double what Dybala gets? Even for free deal, that would be ridiculous and completely destroy juves player fee structure.

Kaboom.

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

He is going to be on around 150k-200k pw.

The 400k is completely invented by british press.

I don't think the 400k was invented by the British press. It's just a difference of how they present information compared to others:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/marcottis-musings/62/post/3773459/why-ramseys-a-big-risk-or-even-reckless-for-juventus-at-250,000-or-400,000-a-week

Let's take a quick detour here to underscore how cultural differences and norms still exist in a globalized game. In Italy (and Spain) wages are usually expressed in annual net (or "after tax") terms. In England, they are gross ("pre-tax") and they are weekly, a quirk that goes back to the game's working class roots when some players would do a weekly shift down the coal mine during the week and then play in front of 60,000-strong crowds on weekends.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I don't think the 400k was invented by the British press. It's just a difference of how they present information compared to others:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/marcottis-musings/62/post/3773459/why-ramseys-a-big-risk-or-even-reckless-for-juventus-at-250,000-or-400,000-a-week

If they reported gross fee, then it should be around 260k. Because he will be paid by italian club in italy, not uk. 

400k might be gross in uk, but this deal has nothing to do with uk, its public misleading and done for publicity.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If they reported gross fee, then it should be around 260k. Because he will be paid by italian club in italy, not uk. 

400k might be gross in uk, but this deal has nothing to do with uk, its public misleading and done for publicity.

As the above piece said, it's just a cultural difference of reporting in different countries. The same thing happens anyway if it's the other way round.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

yeah italian media say 260-270 K euros per week

• 1 year later...

Ramsey on ‘agent’ Szczesny, ‘breathtaking’ Dybala and being best as Juve’s No 8

https://theathletic.com/1866402/2020/06/12/aaron-ramsey-szczesny-agent-dybala-ronaldo-emery-juventus-arsenal/

Aaron-Ramsey-Juventus-Ronaldo-Dybala-1024x683.png

When Wojciech Szczesny hangs up his gloves and gives some thought to what he might fancy doing after his playing days are over, don’t be too surprised if the Pole stays in the game. “He did joke around about wanting an agent’s fee,” Aaron Ramsey laughs as he opens up about to The Athletic about his decision to swap Arsenal for Juventus last summer.

Ramsey called Szczesny, his old Arsenal team-mate, when Juventus first started showing an interest in signing him last year. A club as big as Juventus did not need to sell themselves to Ramsey. As a Wales international with more than 50 caps, he already knew about John Charles and the part he played in their history. But he remained curious about what it’s like to play for Juventus today. “Tek (Szczesny) was my guy for inside information,” Ramsey says. “He’s been here a while now and knows the club inside out. He only had positive things to say. Great words.”

Birds are tweeting in the background as Ramsey takes our call on his terrace and life in Turin sounds pretty idyllic. The 29-year-old is neighbours with Cristiano Ronaldo — “We live in the same complex” — and chose to base himself in the city rather than out of town near the Mandria park and the golf club. A hectic fixture schedule means Ramsey hasn’t had the chance to get in more than one round since he moved to Italy. “Especially with three boys running around the house,” he says. It’s probably for the best he hasn’t hit the fairway with Juventus’ vice-president and the 2003 Ballon d’Or winner Pavel Nedved. “I think he plays off three or four,” Ramsey says. “Pavel’s a very good golfer.”

Before lockdown, Ramsey tried to take in as much of his new surroundings as he could, with trips to Barolo-producing vineyards in the Langhe and train rides to Milan. “My wife and I wanted to take advantage of going into the countryside,” Ramsey explains. “We’ve thrown ourselves in at the deep end, trying different foods, different wines, a different culture. We wanted to make the most of it.” After almost a decade at Arsenal, moving club and country has understandably been “a big change” for him. The injury he suffered in last season’s Europa League quarter-final against Napoli meant he missed much of pre-season, including the tour of Singapore, China and South Korea.

Ramsey’s induction to what Juventus means came at Villar Perosa, the small village nestled in the Chisone valley, where the Agnelli family estate is based. Every August, the players are invited here for a ritual. They visit the Agnelli’s villa and listen attentively as the president, Andrea Agnelli, makes a speech, setting out the season’s objectives. A friendly is then played between the first team and the best of the academy. “I went along and was part of the day,” Ramsey recalls. “It’s one of the little traditions the club is really big on. The new players come in and recognise what Juventus is all about. I like these traditions.”

One of the giants of world football, Juventus remain, at heart, a family club. Generations of Agnellis have looked after the Old Lady for going on a century now and the personal touches have helped Ramsey feel at home.

“Agnelli is in most days if not every day, having conversations with the players or just having a coffee with the boys,” Ramsey says. “If you see the president of the club doing that, it sets an example for everybody else and shows everybody we’re in this together.” Agnelli speaks English, as does Maurizio Sarri, and much of the Juventus dressing room. It has made Ramsey’s adaptation to life in Italy that little bit easier. His Italian is coming on.

“The restaurant bit, I can do,” he laughs. And as anyone relocating to Piedmont knows. being able to order a bagna cauda, a plate of agnolotti and a nice glass of Dolcetto is really the most important bit of all. “I’m understanding a lot more now,” Ramsey says. “I understand the structure of the sentences and the way they work. I need to learn more words because I don’t know enough vocab yet. I have tried to read the sports pages in the papers and things like that but I’m still on Google Translate a lot.”

However, Ramsey is fluent in the language of football and he was curious to experience the difference in rhythms and cadences of playing in a league like Serie A. “It’s different from what I’m used to,” he says. “Even though last season under Unai Emery was going through a lot of things on pictures as well for tactical reasons, Sarri does like to go over things very thoroughly. Tactics here, especially in Italy, are such a big thing. Most days, we’ll be doing some sort of tactical work in preparation for the next game.”

In comparison with the handbrake-off approach in England, where the mind is often left relatively uncluttered by tactical detail, football in Serie A can often resemble a chess match. “The Premier League is more end-to-end,” Ramsey analyses. “There’s a bit more freedom to attack and probably more spaces to exploit there. Whereas over here a lot of teams, especially against the bigger sides, drop a lot deeper into a low block and encourage you to come and break them down. You have to be a lot more patient, try to move the ball quicker in certain areas to encourage somebody slightly out of position.”

Ramsey scored on his Serie A debut and first game at the Allianz Stadium, a 2-1 win against Hellas Verona. He is the first Welshman to find the back of the net for Juventus since Ian Rush in May 1988. Mostly deployed as a No 10 in a 4-4-2 diamond, the role isn’t new to Ramsey but he expresses himself better from deeper as an 8. “That’s the position I came here to play,” he says. “And that’s where I feel most comfortable on the pitch. I’ve said it many times over the years. That’s my position. That’s where I play the best football.”

We caught a glimpse of that shortly before the pandemic stopped play. After not starting Ramsey in the league between October and the beginning of January on account of a particularly cautious reintegration from injury, Sarri included him from kick-off in four of Juventus’ last five games.

Operating in his preferred role as a No 8, he scored in his final two appearances. The beautiful dinked finish he applied against SPAL in February, with Paulo Dybala spotting his run and slipping a pass through to him behind the defence, offered a hint of what was to come in the Derby d’Italia when the Welshman and the Argentine combined like Charles and Omar Sivori did in the 1950s.

The season’s interruption “happened at the worst time” for Ramsey. He’d found a groove and delivered a goal and an assist in Juventus’ biggest rivalry, a match built up as a potential title-decider. “That game was massively important for us, for the fans,” Ramsey says, “even though it was played in an empty stadium. It was a big job for us to get the three points and return to the top of the league because nobody knew what was going to happen in terms of whether the league was going to continue, if it was going to be cancelled, if the standings were going to stay as they were. So we made sure that we gave everything on the day. It was great to be involved in both goals.”

His connection with Dybala, who often comes over to the right to combine with Ramsey, and Juan Cuadrado was beginning to flourish into one of the team’s principal strengths. Ramsey had an idea of how good Dybala was before he accepted to join Juventus but the player known as La Joya — the Jewel — still surprises him every day at the club’s Continassa training facility. “I can just confirm that Dybala is an unbelievable player,” Ramsey says. “He’s very gifted — a team player — and some of the things he’s done in training and some of the games this season has been quite breathtaking.”

As for Ronaldo, The Athletic is curious to learn if the mythology around his training regime is accurate. Blaise Matuidi tells a story about finding the five-time Ballon d’Or winner in the gym first thing in the morning after a flight back from a 2-1 win away to Manchester United in the early hours. “Nah, he’s always last in,” Ramsey says, laughing. “He’s one of the best players in history and there’s no questioning his commitment to the game and to what he needs to do for himself. He’s first into the gym doing all his bits and bobs and then he wants to win every single match on the pitch. All the players do but there’s a real determination every single time. He just goes out there and produces week-in, week-out and scores so many goals. So many important goals as well. Hopefully, it can help us achieve our targets this year.”

One point clear of Lazio at the top of Serie A, Juventus are on for a treble and return to action tonight for the second leg of their Coppa Italia semi-final against Milan. If Juventus reach next Wednesday’s final in Rome, Ramsey could emulate Charles and become the first Welshman to lift the trophy in 70 years. A Brit hasn’t collected a winners’ medal since another former Arsenal and Juventus midfielder, David Platt, who played a role in the Sampdoria side that triumphed over Ancona back in 1994.

Knowing Ramsey’s record in FA Cup finals, in the event Juventus win the Coppa, Szczesny will no doubt expect more credit for helping lure his old mate to the club.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You