test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Leicester 1-2 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Bakayoko
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

233 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

The whole having the semis at Wembley is stupid anyway. Know gotta be done money but still.

Interestingly, when the new Wembley was opened, the FA announced that the semis would be held under the arch for ten years. Of course they dressed it up with nonsense justifications but, in the end, they were honest enough not to try to pretend that it wasn't about the money really. Last year's semis marked the 10th successive semi-final round at the national stadium (2008-2017). As far as I'm aware there has not been a peep from the FA about the future. Even if we give them that they meant ten years, not ten pairs of semi-finals, I'm still not expecting them to say anything following up on that original ten year statement once this season's matches are over. I think they are just going to continue with the new 'tradition', and keep counting the money. Big mistake.

In my opinion, the policy was wrong headed even in it's own terms. Staging the semi-finals at Wembley contributes to the diminishing reputation of The Cup, and that has led to a contraction of revenues overall. Where once attendances went up for FA Cup games, and Clubs were often able to charge a premium on ticket prices, now Cup attendances are typically down from league fixtures, even after clubs heavily discount the cost of tickets. Throw in the fact that the limited sponsorship value of the competition reflects its diminished status, and the whole plan is a disaster. This is because the FA's income from the competition is less than it used to be in relative terms and less, in my opinion, than it would have been had they staged the semi-finals away from Wembley .

Laylabelle likes this

Yeah It does take the gloss off the final a bit.  For teams reaching the final always the big feeling of chance to play at Wembley.. Now its a case of Wembley again.

Then again considering how much the ticket allowance changes between the semi final and the final least gives fans more of a chance to see their team at Wembley. The allocation are ridiculous considering 

26 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's always been the best part of Willian's game. The burst of controlled ball carnying at pace to turn defence into attack.

It’s why I wanted him converted into a CM a few seasons ago. 

Miguelito likes this

28 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

It’s why I wanted him converted into a CM a few seasons ago. 

Think he plays CM often, I mean he drops back joining the middle leaving only Eden  and striker up front.

think he might lack both physicality and work rate for a purely cm position. He would have to pass a lot more too - holds to the football far too long.

42 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Think he plays CM often, I mean he drops back joining the middle leaving only Eden  and striker up front.

think he might lack both physicality and work rate for a purely cm position. He would have to pass a lot more too - holds to the football far too long.

Shipped sailed for it now for sure. Would’ve had to learn the CM role then but way too set in his role/ways atm. 

Miguelito likes this

14 hours ago, Starman60 said:

PS......Wait until you hear Jose bitching about having to play the Spuds at Wembley. Another 12 minute rant on the wa

Think he would have a point though. It gives the Yids an advantage.

Apart from the FA reaping more cash from the semis at Wemberlee - before they did that we had to play our semi against Fulham at Villa park which apart from fucking annoying left a big carbon footprint :P

Starman60 likes this

15 hours ago, The Skipper said:

What would you rather:

1. Lose to Soton in the semis,

2. Lose to Spurs in the final where they end their trophy drought of 10 years,

3. Lose against Mourinho’s United?

I'll rather lose to Moaninho, then lose to Soton, then Spuds.

Spuds is the worst, unthinkable. If we meet Spuds in the final, we must beat them at all costs.

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Mana said:

I'll rather lose to Moaninho, then lose to Soton, then Spuds.

Spuds is the worst, unthinkable. If we meet Spuds in the final, we must beat them at all costs.

the FA Cup final is on the 19th of May, and we all know what happened in the last final we played on that day :wub:, not saying we will be playing in the final, but it adds that much more excitement and significance. Lets hope we do the job vs Southampton first. Cheers

If we lose against Soton, the players might as well retire. 

Get that 4th place, win the Cup and our season won't end up as a complete failure. 

Let's beat Spurs on the 1st of April and build some momentum. 

Johnnyeye and manpe like this

22 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I was thinking, my god had he missed that it would of killed him mentally.

Fucking hell me too, i'd become a physical and mental wreck:D

20 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

the FA Cup final is on the 19th of May, and we all know what happened in the last final we played on that day :wub:, not saying we will be playing in the final, but it adds that much more excitement and significance. Lets hope we do the job vs Southampton first. Cheers

You'll see more men than ever in the pub for this years cup final even if they hate football. It's the same day as the poxy Royal Wedding.

Johnnyeye likes this

3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

You'll see more men than ever in the pub for this years cup final even if they hate football. It's the same day as the poxy Royal Wedding.

And lucky me work have organised a spa do that day!!! Out all the days..last year was a hen do cup final day this time... And we lost that so... 

Though that may be looking way way ahead..