• Bakayoko
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

I am fully expecting Mourinho bitching how unfair it is for his boys to play a team in their home stadium. And there would surely be something in it. They should have chosen a different stadium for Tottenham's matches.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I am fully expecting Mourinho bitching how unfair it is for his boys to play a team in their home stadium. And there would surely be something in it. They should have chosen a different stadium for Tottenham's matches.

The whole having the semis at Wembley is stupid anyway. Know gotta be done money but still. 

He'll moan but if they get to the final it'll still be at Wembley and plus doesn't always make a difference. We played at Bayern Munich home against them in the final... Not much advantage there in the end

It needed ET but it's our FIRST away win in all comps since beating Brighton in mid-January - only our THIRD away win in 13 games! Not a great performance but fair play to the players for getting stuck in, especially after the Barcelona loss in midweek. Kante was by far the best player on the pitch. Reaching the FA Cup semi finals means - (1) the league game against Huddersfield [H] on Apr 21 will be moved to another time and (2) we'll be playing Southampton in two consecutive weekends, first in the league and then in the semi-final.

The female presenter on the BBC after watching the draw said "Chelsea play Manchester United and Tottenham will play Southampton". WTF !! I had to rewind in case I was dreaming we got Southampton. This could be our year :D:D

PS......Wait until you hear Jose bitching about having to play the Spuds at Wembley. Another 12 minute rant on the way !!!

I have to say I was very impressed by Harry McGuire he's got physique and presence and I really think he should go to Russia for the World Cup. Not as part of the England team but as a fan because we're going to need some big fuckers against those lunatics :cig:

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Banter when we lose to Southampton in the semis... :lol: 

What would you rather:

1. Lose to Soton in the semis,

2. Lose to Spurs in the final where they end their trophy drought of 10 years,

3. Lose against Mourinho’s United?

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

What would you rather:

2. Lose to Spurs in the final where they end their  trophy drought of 10 years,

All bad in their own right. We got the favorable draw and are expected to win it. Imagine if we bottle it against a struggling Southampton side...

16 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

What would you rather:

Semis.. Be shit but seeing as we lost the final last season losing again to either crappy team... 

Still postive.. Beat them.. Win the final and muhahah trophy 

30 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

What would you rather:

3. At least we reached the final...

1. Bitterly disappointing, but definitely better than...

2. Unthinkable, unbearable.

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

The whole having the semis at Wembley is stupid anyway. Know gotta be done money but still.

Interestingly, when the new Wembley was opened, the FA announced that the semis would be held under the arch for ten years. Of course they dressed it up with nonsense justifications but, in the end, they were honest enough not to try to pretend that it wasn't about the money really. Last year's semis marked the 10th successive semi-final round at the national stadium (2008-2017). As far as I'm aware there has not been a peep from the FA about the future. Even if we give them that they meant ten years, not ten pairs of semi-finals, I'm still not expecting them to say anything following up on that original ten year statement once this season's matches are over. I think they are just going to continue with the new 'tradition', and keep counting the money. Big mistake.

In my opinion, the policy was wrong headed even in it's own terms. Staging the semi-finals at Wembley contributes to the diminishing reputation of The Cup, and that has led to a contraction of revenues overall. Where once attendances went up for FA Cup games, and Clubs were often able to charge a premium on ticket prices, now Cup attendances are typically down from league fixtures, even after clubs heavily discount the cost of tickets. Throw in the fact that the limited sponsorship value of the competition reflects its diminished status, and the whole plan is a disaster. This is because the FA's income from the competition is less than it used to be in relative terms and less, in my opinion, than it would have been had they staged the semi-finals away from Wembley .

Yeah It does take the gloss off the final a bit.  For teams reaching the final always the big feeling of chance to play at Wembley.. Now its a case of Wembley again.

Then again considering how much the ticket allowance changes between the semi final and the final least gives fans more of a chance to see their team at Wembley. The allocation are ridiculous considering