test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Drinkwater
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

440 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, manpe said:

Salah, Firmino and Can would walk into our team. Place Can next to Kante, Salah on the right and Firmino striker and all of a sudden we look a boss team.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Firmino is a solid player but nothing special. Benefits from playing in the team an system he does. I think any decent forward would thrive in that role. Wouldn't have him here as a starter. Can is very inconsistent. Looks great one match and then Ive regularly seen Liverpool fans saying they'll be glad to see the back of him this summer. 

communicate and bigbluewillie like this

Just now, Pizy said:

Firmino is a solid player but nothing special. Benefits from playing in the team an system he does. I think any decent forward would thrive in that role. Wouldn't have him here as a starter. Can is very inconsistent. Looks great one match and then Ive regularly seen Liverpool fans saying they'll be glad to see the back of him this summer. 

And despite that they would still walk into our team imo. What we have is no better.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

And despite that they would still walk into our team imo. What we have is no better.

Completely disagree. Our striker has to be powerful and be able to hold the ball up under Conte. Firmino is the opposite sort of forward we'd use. 

communicate and bigbluewillie like this

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Completely disagree. Our striker has to be powerful and be able to hold the ball up under Conte. Firmino is the opposite sort of forward we'd use. 

Fair enough, I considered that but Firmino simply being a superior footballer takes the cake for me. What about Emre Can though? Hell, or even Wijnaldum.

1 hour ago, Azpinator said:

I really don't think so because:

1. We still have to play both Liverpool and Tottenham at the Bridge.

2. Both of them have thin squads and are still in the CL so there could be plenty of scenarios that would hold them back from consistency in the league.

You're talking as if we will beat Pool and Spuds at Stamford Bridge. No fecking chance.

Spuds maybe because The Bridge is a voodoo stadium to them, they can never beat us there. But they would be more than happy to take a draw.

We haven't beaten Liverpool since Klopp's appointment. Klopp has beaten us more at the Bridge than at Anfield. There is NOTHING in this squad, to make me believe we will beat Pool this time. In fact, last season we had a stronger squad and they still beat us.

And for point 2, this also applies to us? We are also in the CL having the hardest tie out of all English clubs. Also if you want to talk about inconsistency, look no further than CFC. We are no better than them. But Spuds and Pool have a blistering attackforce while we are super toothless. Liverpool on their day and not even City can stop them. Chelsea on their day? We can still draw or lose.

bigbluewillie likes this

You're talking as if we will beat Pool and Spuds at Stamford Bridge. No fecking chance.
Spuds maybe because The Bridge is a voodoo stadium to them, they can never beat us there. But they would be more than happy to take a draw.
We haven't beaten Liverpool since Klopp's appointment. Klopp has beaten us more at the Bridge than at Anfield. There is NOTHING in this squad, to make me believe we will beat Pool this time. In fact, last season we had a stronger squad and they still beat us.

And for point 2, this also applies to us? We are also in the CL having the hardest tie out of all English clubs. Also if you want to talk about inconsistency, look no further than CFC. We are no better than them. But Spuds and Pool have a blistering attackforce while we are super toothless. Liverpool on their day and not even City can stop them. Chelsea on their day? We can still draw or lose.
We've had ourselves to blame (some might say AC) for not winning two of the biggest games of the season. We had only lost to City by 1 goal out of the top 6 prior to last weekend (beat Tottenham away & drew at Anfield), so I don't see the doom & gloom just yet.

However, I think Sunday's performance will have a massive impact for the remainder. Players have had a week off, so fatigue has no relevance on Sunday.
mccg likes this

13 hours ago, manpe said:

Salah, Firmino and Can would walk into our team. Place Can next to Kante, Salah on the right and Firmino striker and all of a sudden we look a boss team.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It all depend how we want to play. Salah is in terrific form, he will walk into our team but our game is not as direct as pool. 

Firmino does not really hold the ball which will make him useless for Conte system. 

Can is definitely better than Bakayoko right now. 

For me, klopp has done a wonderful job in term making the correct signing especially offensively, all of them fit his requirements. Two fast winger plus one hard working striker. Supported by 3 energetic midfielder

16 hours ago, Azpinator said:

I really don't think so because:

1. We still have to play both Liverpool and Tottenham at the Bridge.

2. Both of them have thin squads and are still in the CL so there could be plenty of scenarios that would hold them back from consistency in the league.

Problem is we don't play Liverpool till end of the seaon so still 8 or so games between now and then. So who knows beating them might mean sod all.. 

May have thin squads but so far mainly consistent whereas we seem to lose or drop points randomly

Who knows... Still expecting us to win tommrow and lose to Palace to be honest.. Just because that's the way we do things lately... Annoying 

10 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Problem is we don't play Liverpool till end of the seaon so still 8 or so games between now and then. So who knows beating them might mean sod all.. 

May have thin squads but so far mainly consistent whereas we seem to lose or drop points randomly

Who knows... Still expecting us to win tommrow and lose to Palace to be honest.. Just because that's the way we do things lately... Annoying 

Indeed. We face Liverpool in our last home game. Top 4 could be long gone by then. 

A lot of has been said about our form of late and deservedly so but the most depressing bit is that we've won only FOUR games out of 14 in 2018 and they came against Brighton, Newcastle, West Brom and Hull...FOUR relegation fodders! :doh: 

A lot of has been said about our form of late and deservedly so but the most depressing bit is that we've won only FOUR games out of 14 in 2018 and they came against Brighton, Newcastle, West Brom and Hull...FOUR relegation fodders! :doh: 
We've lost to similar teams as well in that run
Azpinator likes this

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Indeed. We face Liverpool in our last home game. Top 4 could be long gone by then. 

Didn't Man City claim a Top 4 finish at the very last MW last season? 🤔

Didn't Man City claim a Top 4 finish at the very last MW last season?
They did thanks to Utd choking
Azpinator likes this

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:
2 hours ago, Azpinator said:
Didn't Man City claim a Top 4 finish at the very last MW last season? emoji848.png

They did thanks to Utd choking

I can't see Liverpool or spurs choking... Maybe spurs at a push but then I can see us dropping points so probably won't make much difference if they do. As it stands Liverpool are 7 ahead and Spurs 5...know we got a play tommrow bit not close close. 

Liverpool winning.. Spurs won today.. Joys... 

People talk about the distance between Arsenal and City but as it stands we are now 7 behind Liverpool, this should be the biggest wake up call to the board ever....but it won't be.

We won't win tomorrow and this gap will only get worse over the next few weeks. The regression this club has made  is absolutely pathetic.

Laylabelle and bigbluewillie like this

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

People talk about the distance between Arsenal and City but as it stands we are now 7 behind Liverpool, this should be the biggest wake up call to the board ever....but it won't be.

We won't win tomorrow and this gap will only get worse over the next few weeks. The regression this club has made  is absolutely pathetic.

It's not even been gradual its been so sudden one dodgy result after another. This year we've been so shite so far. Yet you knew it was gana come... Depressingly so. 

I've settled for 5th. We get 4th wonderful.. Be a shock but for now.... They deserve it really. Know that's not how it works but

I can't see Liverpool or spurs choking... Maybe spurs at a push but then I can see us dropping points so probably won't make much difference if they do. As it stands Liverpool are 7 ahead and Spurs 5...know we got a play tommrow bit not close close. 
Liverpool play Utd next week to begin with, so they'll have top 4 secured should they win (as I expect). Up to Spurs and we all know how we've ended their hopes in previous seasons.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
19 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Liverpool play Utd next week to begin with, so they'll have top 4 secured should they win (as I expect). Up to Spurs and we all know how we've ended their hopes in previous seasons.

Think if we were consistent be more optimistic. Some of our fixtures should be winnable but didn't think we'd lose to Watford so badly.. Or Bournemouth.. Palace next week has been a crap fixture for us though hopefully.. 

See where tommrow leaves us. Like said we mess up things for spurs before so never know... 

3 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Didn't Man City claim a Top 4 finish at the very last MW last season? 🤔

Last season? Think you meant the season before last. Yes, Man City did do that but they had an inconsistent United side battling them. This time, we're the inconsistent ones while Liverpool and Spurs are in form. 

TBH, unless we somehow win tomorrow, I'm already resigned to us missing out on the top 4. Will just enjoy the rest of the season and hopefully see some good moments or two.