• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

What about Mane?
Wouldn't "walk" into our team, Hazard occupies his space. Although he would probably be accomodated instead of Willi/Pedro.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, manpe said:

Okay, but what about Firmino? You prefer Morata in this form?

well yeah if we isolate this period of 10 games where Morata has been utter shite, sure. But if I were to take a long term view of both players, I'd still like to think Morata can return to the form he was playing at towards the beginning of the season and would still have him over firmino.

If we base it solely on current form for like the past couple of months then you could argue these liverpool players are better but I don't think it's the best way to go about it

well yeah if we isolate this period of 10 games where Morata has been utter shite, sure. But if I were to take a long term view of both players, I'd still like to think Morata can return to the form he was playing at towards the beginning of the season and would still have him over firmino.
If we base it solely on current form for like the past couple of months then you could argue these liverpool players are better but I don't think it's the best way to go about it
I actually meant who would walk into our team based on this season.

Just now, manpe said:

I actually meant who would walk into our team based on this season.

oh ok, in that case, most players from the teams above us (city, MU, tottenham, liverpool) would walk into our team in all positions except for kante in DMF, and maybe christiansen at CB could keep his spot as well. Still wouldn't want can in our midfield though lol

5 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

And we I fear are going to get mullered, if that is the case then I feel that will be the end of our league campaign as regards 4th place.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

This weekend will very likely be the final nail in our top 4 chances.

I really don't think so because:

1. We still have to play both Liverpool and Tottenham at the Bridge.

2. Both of them have thin squads and are still in the CL so there could be plenty of scenarios that would hold them back from consistency in the league.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Salah, Firmino and Can would walk into our team. Place Can next to Kante, Salah on the right and Firmino striker and all of a sudden we look a boss team.

Firmino is a solid player but nothing special. Benefits from playing in the team an system he does. I think any decent forward would thrive in that role. Wouldn't have him here as a starter. Can is very inconsistent. Looks great one match and then Ive regularly seen Liverpool fans saying they'll be glad to see the back of him this summer. 

Just now, Pizy said:

Firmino is a solid player but nothing special. Benefits from playing in the team an system he does. I think any decent forward would thrive in that role. Wouldn't have him here as a starter. Can is very inconsistent. Looks great one match and then Ive regularly seen Liverpool fans saying they'll be glad to see the back of him this summer. 

And despite that they would still walk into our team imo. What we have is no better.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

And despite that they would still walk into our team imo. What we have is no better.

Completely disagree. Our striker has to be powerful and be able to hold the ball up under Conte. Firmino is the opposite sort of forward we'd use. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Completely disagree. Our striker has to be powerful and be able to hold the ball up under Conte. Firmino is the opposite sort of forward we'd use. 

Fair enough, I considered that but Firmino simply being a superior footballer takes the cake for me. What about Emre Can though? Hell, or even Wijnaldum.

You're talking as if we will beat Pool and Spuds at Stamford Bridge. No fecking chance.
Spuds maybe because The Bridge is a voodoo stadium to them, they can never beat us there. But they would be more than happy to take a draw.
We haven't beaten Liverpool since Klopp's appointment. Klopp has beaten us more at the Bridge than at Anfield. There is NOTHING in this squad, to make me believe we will beat Pool this time. In fact, last season we had a stronger squad and they still beat us.

And for point 2, this also applies to us? We are also in the CL having the hardest tie out of all English clubs. Also if you want to talk about inconsistency, look no further than CFC. We are no better than them. But Spuds and Pool have a blistering attackforce while we are super toothless. Liverpool on their day and not even City can stop them. Chelsea on their day? We can still draw or lose.
We've had ourselves to blame (some might say AC) for not winning two of the biggest games of the season. We had only lost to City by 1 goal out of the top 6 prior to last weekend (beat Tottenham away & drew at Anfield), so I don't see the doom & gloom just yet.

However, I think Sunday's performance will have a massive impact for the remainder. Players have had a week off, so fatigue has no relevance on Sunday.

13 hours ago, manpe said:

Salah, Firmino and Can would walk into our team. Place Can next to Kante, Salah on the right and Firmino striker and all of a sudden we look a boss team.

It all depend how we want to play. Salah is in terrific form, he will walk into our team but our game is not as direct as pool. 

Firmino does not really hold the ball which will make him useless for Conte system. 

Can is definitely better than Bakayoko right now. 

For me, klopp has done a wonderful job in term making the correct signing especially offensively, all of them fit his requirements. Two fast winger plus one hard working striker. Supported by 3 energetic midfielder

16 hours ago, Azpinator said:

I really don't think so because:

1. We still have to play both Liverpool and Tottenham at the Bridge.

2. Both of them have thin squads and are still in the CL so there could be plenty of scenarios that would hold them back from consistency in the league.

Problem is we don't play Liverpool till end of the seaon so still 8 or so games between now and then. So who knows beating them might mean sod all.. 

May have thin squads but so far mainly consistent whereas we seem to lose or drop points randomly

Who knows... Still expecting us to win tommrow and lose to Palace to be honest.. Just because that's the way we do things lately... Annoying 

10 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Problem is we don't play Liverpool till end of the seaon so still 8 or so games between now and then. So who knows beating them might mean sod all.. 

May have thin squads but so far mainly consistent whereas we seem to lose or drop points randomly

Who knows... Still expecting us to win tommrow and lose to Palace to be honest.. Just because that's the way we do things lately... Annoying 

Indeed. We face Liverpool in our last home game. Top 4 could be long gone by then. 

A lot of has been said about our form of late and deservedly so but the most depressing bit is that we've won only FOUR games out of 14 in 2018 and they came against Brighton, Newcastle, West Brom and Hull...FOUR relegation fodders! :doh: 

A lot of has been said about our form of late and deservedly so but the most depressing bit is that we've won only FOUR games out of 14 in 2018 and they came against Brighton, Newcastle, West Brom and Hull...FOUR relegation fodders! :doh: 
We've lost to similar teams as well in that run

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Indeed. We face Liverpool in our last home game. Top 4 could be long gone by then. 

Didn't Man City claim a Top 4 finish at the very last MW last season? 🤔