test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Drinkwater
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

440 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, DDA said:

I only knew because my birthday is on the 5th and I was worried it could potentially put a downer on my day.

I sense cheap advertising of your birthday there. *tsk tsk tsk*

:P

Happy early Birthday! Have a good one

DDA likes this

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

I sense cheap advertising of your birthday there. *tsk tsk tsk*

Hide contents

:P

Happy early Birthday! Have a good one

You got me! 😒

Cheers bro!

Jason likes this

They are absolutely flying right now. If we still have Costa, I can see us getting result . I feel like in order to beat this city team you have to bully them. Not sure we have that physical presence anymore in this team. 

Provided the game are played this weekend I can't see anything but home wins for Red Scouse home to Newcastle, and Spuds home to Huddersfield.

That means Scouse will go 7 points clear of us and Spuds 5.

And we I fear are going to get mullered, if that is the case then I feel that will be the end of our league campaign as regards 4th place.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I gotta bad feeling cahill is going to get a recall back in the starting 11 ffs 

Oh fuck and I was thinking it couldn't get any worse.

I'm seriously debating within my head whether or not I'll even watch this. Our players have so little bottle that I wouldn't be surprised if we do just what Arse did against them last night. Crumble like pussies.

This weekend will very likely be the final nail in our top 4 chances.

Seeing Liverpool above us and finishing in the top 4 would hurt the most because I refuse to believe they are a better team than us. They have only 1 player who would walk straight into our best XI. One! Van Dijk, maybe, but I'm not even sure he's better than Rüdiger. Man for man we are better than they are all over the pitch and they have a terrible defense and mediocre midfield. Yet because of the insane production of Salah + Firmino and their attacking style they'll finish above us.

bigbluewillie likes this

I'm seriously debating within my head whether or not I'll even watch this. Our players have so little bottle that I wouldn't be surprised if we do just what Arse did against them last night. Crumble like pussies.
Seeing Liverpool above us and finishing in the top 4 would hurt the most because I refuse to believe they are a better team than us. They have only 1 player who would walk straight into our best XI. One! Van Dijk, maybe, but I'm not even sure he's better than Rüdiger. Man for man we are better than they are all over the pitch and they have a terrible defense and mediocre midfield. Yet because of the insane production of Salah + Firmino and their attacking style they'll finish above us.
Salah, Firmino and Can would walk into our team. Place Can next to Kante, Salah on the right and Firmino striker and all of a sudden we look a boss team.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, manpe said:

Salah, Firmino and Can would walk into our team. Place Can next to Kante, Salah on the right and Firmino striker and all of a sudden we look a boss team.

salah and van dijk OK, wouldn't have either firmino or can anywhere near our starting XI

salah and van dijk OK, wouldn't have either firmino or can anywhere near our starting XI
Do you prefer Bakayoko, Drinkwater or Fabregas then?

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Do you prefer Bakayoko, Drinkwater or Fabregas then?

fabregas yes, definitely... I'd still prefer to let bakayoko develop than to hypothetically switch him for can. As to drinkwater, agreed, he shouldn't be at our club

Just now, bigbluewillie said:

What about Mane?

true Mane definitely, although I honestly would not take Willian out of our starting XI for him, some will disagree with this view and I get it

fabregas yes, definitely... I'd still prefer to let bakayoko develop than to hypothetically switch him for can. As to drinkwater, agreed, he shouldn't be at our club
Okay, but what about Firmino? You prefer Morata in this form?

What about Mane?
Wouldn't "walk" into our team, Hazard occupies his space. Although he would probably be accomodated instead of Willi/Pedro.

Just now, manpe said:

Okay, but what about Firmino? You prefer Morata in this form?

well yeah if we isolate this period of 10 games where Morata has been utter shite, sure. But if I were to take a long term view of both players, I'd still like to think Morata can return to the form he was playing at towards the beginning of the season and would still have him over firmino.

If we base it solely on current form for like the past couple of months then you could argue these liverpool players are better but I don't think it's the best way to go about it

well yeah if we isolate this period of 10 games where Morata has been utter shite, sure. But if I were to take a long term view of both players, I'd still like to think Morata can return to the form he was playing at towards the beginning of the season and would still have him over firmino.
If we base it solely on current form for like the past couple of months then you could argue these liverpool players are better but I don't think it's the best way to go about it
I actually meant who would walk into our team based on this season.

Just now, manpe said:

I actually meant who would walk into our team based on this season.

oh ok, in that case, most players from the teams above us (city, MU, tottenham, liverpool) would walk into our team in all positions except for kante in DMF, and maybe christiansen at CB could keep his spot as well. Still wouldn't want can in our midfield though lol

5 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

And we I fear are going to get mullered, if that is the case then I feel that will be the end of our league campaign as regards 4th place.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I really don't think so because:

1. We still have to play both Liverpool and Tottenham at the Bridge.

2. Both of them have thin squads and are still in the CL so there could be plenty of scenarios that would hold them back from consistency in the league.