• Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

We'll have a chance if Pep decides to play the same Gundogan-D.Silva-KDB midfield as today. Fernandinho is such a crucial player for them and the consequences of his absence were so clear against Arsenal. Liverpool would have scored 5 goals against that City team. 

Disagree. Fernandinho is an OK/good player and the system makes him look better. Gundogan is a better player with better technique and better pass, which are the most important things in Guardiola's system. All players close down and defend in that system. Arsenal momentary impetus was just because they were at home, but for me City had a very easy time the entire game and at no moment Arsenal were in it.

Concerning us, they destroyed Arsenal in the first half and had a training session in the second - giving a few minutes to returning players like Jesus. So,don't think they will be tired against us. :) 

However, there is no excuse for tackling like Arsenal did today, so I expect that we will defend a lot better. We will still probably lose though... just because they are the vastly superior team: better coached, and in better form. 

There comes a time when you need to try being a little objective about the situation. From my point of view, City are clearly the best team in Europe at this point. They have the quality, the confidence, the morale. Everything's going their way. 

So anything else than a loss would be a great result for us. I have no expectations from this game and I won't be mad if we lose it. 

8 hours ago, DDA said:

I only knew because my birthday is on the 5th and I was worried it could potentially put a downer on my day.

I sense cheap advertising of your birthday there. *tsk tsk tsk*

:P

Happy early Birthday! Have a good one

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

I sense cheap advertising of your birthday there. *tsk tsk tsk*

Hide contents

:P

Happy early Birthday! Have a good one

You got me! 😒

Cheers bro!

Provided the game are played this weekend I can't see anything but home wins for Red Scouse home to Newcastle, and Spuds home to Huddersfield.

That means Scouse will go 7 points clear of us and Spuds 5.

And we I fear are going to get mullered, if that is the case then I feel that will be the end of our league campaign as regards 4th place.

I'm seriously debating within my head whether or not I'll even watch this. Our players have so little bottle that I wouldn't be surprised if we do just what Arse did against them last night. Crumble like pussies.

This weekend will very likely be the final nail in our top 4 chances.

Seeing Liverpool above us and finishing in the top 4 would hurt the most because I refuse to believe they are a better team than us. They have only 1 player who would walk straight into our best XI. One! Van Dijk, maybe, but I'm not even sure he's better than Rüdiger. Man for man we are better than they are all over the pitch and they have a terrible defense and mediocre midfield. Yet because of the insane production of Salah + Firmino and their attacking style they'll finish above us.

I'm seriously debating within my head whether or not I'll even watch this. Our players have so little bottle that I wouldn't be surprised if we do just what Arse did against them last night. Crumble like pussies.
This weekend will very likely be the final nail in our top 4 chances.
Seeing Liverpool above us and finishing in the top 4 would hurt the most because I refuse to believe they are a better team than us. They have only 1 player who would walk straight into our best XI. One! Van Dijk, maybe, but I'm not even sure he's better than Rüdiger. Man for man we are better than they are all over the pitch and they have a terrible defense and mediocre midfield. Yet because of the insane production of Salah + Firmino and their attacking style they'll finish above us.
Salah, Firmino and Can would walk into our team. Place Can next to Kante, Salah on the right and Firmino striker and all of a sudden we look a boss team.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, manpe said:

Salah, Firmino and Can would walk into our team. Place Can next to Kante, Salah on the right and Firmino striker and all of a sudden we look a boss team.

salah and van dijk OK, wouldn't have either firmino or can anywhere near our starting XI

salah and van dijk OK, wouldn't have either firmino or can anywhere near our starting XI
Do you prefer Bakayoko, Drinkwater or Fabregas then?

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Do you prefer Bakayoko, Drinkwater or Fabregas then?

fabregas yes, definitely... I'd still prefer to let bakayoko develop than to hypothetically switch him for can. As to drinkwater, agreed, he shouldn't be at our club

fabregas yes, definitely... I'd still prefer to let bakayoko develop than to hypothetically switch him for can. As to drinkwater, agreed, he shouldn't be at our club
Okay, but what about Firmino? You prefer Morata in this form?