• Drinkwater
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

No good just getting up for a game with Barcelona if you can't show heart against United. Lets not talk about creativity when our coach hauls off the best player we have on with 20-25 minutes left, it just doesn't wash.
Him and Willian were dead early on in the second half, so I can see reason behind it. The fact Morata finished the game is what took the biscuit.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/02/2018 at 5:41 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

We want 100% commitment in closing them down, like Wigan,  Bristol City and Liverpool did. Scrapping for fourth place now

Bring back that performance akin to away to A.Madrid needed , hoping a full week of planning/training will do the trick ffs a win would be lovely jubbly. Chelsea 4 or 5/1 fudge it im all in!,  Arsenal play them Thursday night should help but it is Arsenal :blush:

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

A repeat of last seasons result would be nice. Think this game will actually be quite close, I know we've had dodgy results and performances lately but can see us upping it for this game. 

You're being fairly optimistic! Gonna need a clinical counter attacking performance like last season and hope City have an off day.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

You're being fairly optimistic! Gonna need a clinical counter attacking performance like last season and hope City have an off day.

Nobody gave us a chance last season either though particularly after the first half. Also vs Barca nobody gave us a chance and we should have won the game. These things are possible but it will be tough and a week after that second half performance vs United, the team needs to stand up and be counted. Would be good but like you said we need to be clinical and City need to play a bit poorer. 

11 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The only sliver of hope we have here is that they play Arsenal on Thursday and have less time to recover for our game on Sunday. Despite that they're still the massive favourites for 3 points here. 

I would love if that happened and recovery time was an issue for City. But Pep has a squad with players that can step in seamlessly as he has really 2 first teams that could win the premiership. World class back up players for every position. Whereas at present we dont even have one good first eleven. So I can see us getting spanked because we are bang average in a lot of positions. Our defence always seem to make at least one crucial mistake in every match and we are punished. Defensive Midfield is a problem, if Kante wasn't there God help us. Up front Morata seems more intent in hitting the ground than hitting the net, and Giroud, although he has done ok to say the least will not lead us to glory. Hazard coming off against Utd was a massive mistake in my opinion, and Conte was niave to think we could hold the draw. We attacked in the first half and totally switched off for the second. Morale is low and this result against City could be the death knell for Conte.  Sunday will be a tough watch I fear

5 hours ago, Mana said:

Win this one? Where did you get that idea from? We have been toothless up front for a lot of games, City will press us a lot, City have better quality from the midfield upwards...

Willian's sudden unexpected rise of form is temporarily giving us goals, but the moment Willian goes back to his normal headless chicken self, we'll be back to being toothless and relying on Hazard to come up with something.

And that is what is called inconsistent. When you expect good they do bad and when you expect bad they do good. 

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

And that is what is called inconsistent. When you expect good they do bad and when you expect bad they do good. 

Ya we'll prob win this one.. Be oh my god wow then all be back to normal when we lose to Palace. Which wouldn't be a shock as we have been crap against them recently 

We'll have a chance if Pep decides to play the same Gundogan-D.Silva-KDB midfield as today. Fernandinho is such a crucial player for them and the consequences of his absence were so clear against Arsenal. Liverpool would have scored 5 goals against that City team.