test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Drinkwater
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

440 posts in this topic

A repeat of last seasons result would be nice. Think this game will actually be quite close, I know we've had dodgy results and performances lately but can see us upping it for this game. 

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

A repeat of last seasons result would be nice. Think this game will actually be quite close, I know we've had dodgy results and performances lately but can see us upping it for this game. 

You're being fairly optimistic! Gonna need a clinical counter attacking performance like last season and hope City have an off day.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

You're being fairly optimistic! Gonna need a clinical counter attacking performance like last season and hope City have an off day.

Nobody gave us a chance last season either though particularly after the first half. Also vs Barca nobody gave us a chance and we should have won the game. These things are possible but it will be tough and a week after that second half performance vs United, the team needs to stand up and be counted. Would be good but like you said we need to be clinical and City need to play a bit poorer. 

The only sliver of hope we have here is that they play Arsenal on Thursday and have less time to recover for our game on Sunday. Despite that they're still the massive favourites for 3 points here. 

11 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The only sliver of hope we have here is that they play Arsenal on Thursday and have less time to recover for our game on Sunday. Despite that they're still the massive favourites for 3 points here. 

I would love if that happened and recovery time was an issue for City. But Pep has a squad with players that can step in seamlessly as he has really 2 first teams that could win the premiership. World class back up players for every position. Whereas at present we dont even have one good first eleven. So I can see us getting spanked because we are bang average in a lot of positions. Our defence always seem to make at least one crucial mistake in every match and we are punished. Defensive Midfield is a problem, if Kante wasn't there God help us. Up front Morata seems more intent in hitting the ground than hitting the net, and Giroud, although he has done ok to say the least will not lead us to glory. Hazard coming off against Utd was a massive mistake in my opinion, and Conte was niave to think we could hold the draw. We attacked in the first half and totally switched off for the second. Morale is low and this result against City could be the death knell for Conte.  Sunday will be a tough watch I fear

bigbluewillie likes this

12 hours ago, Fernando said:

Well we are so hot and cold that we might actually win this one. 

There is no consistency in this team. 

Win this one? Where did you get that idea from? We have been toothless up front for a lot of games, City will press us a lot, City have better quality from the midfield upwards...

Willian's sudden unexpected rise of form is temporarily giving us goals, but the moment Willian goes back to his normal headless chicken self, we'll be back to being toothless and relying on Hazard to come up with something.

5 hours ago, Mana said:

Win this one? Where did you get that idea from? We have been toothless up front for a lot of games, City will press us a lot, City have better quality from the midfield upwards...

Willian's sudden unexpected rise of form is temporarily giving us goals, but the moment Willian goes back to his normal headless chicken self, we'll be back to being toothless and relying on Hazard to come up with something.

And that is what is called inconsistent. When you expect good they do bad and when you expect bad they do good. 

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

And that is what is called inconsistent. When you expect good they do bad and when you expect bad they do good. 

Ya we'll prob win this one.. Be oh my god wow then all be back to normal when we lose to Palace. Which wouldn't be a shock as we have been crap against them recently 

We'll have a chance if Pep decides to play the same Gundogan-D.Silva-KDB midfield as today. Fernandinho is such a crucial player for them and the consequences of his absence were so clear against Arsenal. Liverpool would have scored 5 goals against that City team. 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Was a bit haha arsenal.. Then remembered we've gotta play them Sunday... Oh what joy

My joy turned to pure horror remembering that fact at halftime.

Lads. You have said the game is on the 5th of March this Sunday. It's the 4th of March this Sunday.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Lads. You have said the game is on the 5th of March this Sunday. It's the 4th of March this Sunday.

You had one job @Jason. One job. 

11 minutes ago, DDA said:

3 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

You had one job @Jason. One job.

giphy.gif

DDA likes this

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

giphy.gif

I only knew because my birthday is on the 5th and I was worried it could potentially put a downer on my day.

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

We'll have a chance if Pep decides to play the same Gundogan-D.Silva-KDB midfield as today. Fernandinho is such a crucial player for them and the consequences of his absence were so clear against Arsenal. Liverpool would have scored 5 goals against that City team. 

Disagree. Fernandinho is an OK/good player and the system makes him look better. Gundogan is a better player with better technique and better pass, which are the most important things in Guardiola's system. All players close down and defend in that system. Arsenal momentary impetus was just because they were at home, but for me City had a very easy time the entire game and at no moment Arsenal were in it.

Concerning us, they destroyed Arsenal in the first half and had a training session in the second - giving a few minutes to returning players like Jesus. So,don't think they will be tired against us. :) 

However, there is no excuse for tackling like Arsenal did today, so I expect that we will defend a lot better. We will still probably lose though... just because they are the vastly superior team: better coached, and in better form. 

bigbluewillie likes this

There comes a time when you need to try being a little objective about the situation. From my point of view, City are clearly the best team in Europe at this point. They have the quality, the confidence, the morale. Everything's going their way. 

So anything else than a loss would be a great result for us. I have no expectations from this game and I won't be mad if we lose it. 

kellzfresh likes this