test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   13 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Courtois
      1
    • Moses
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      1
    • Christensen
      0
    • Rudiger
      0
    • Alonso
      0
    • Kante
      4
    • Drinkwater
      0
    • Willian
      4
    • Hazard
      3
    • Morata
      0
    • Pedro (sub)
      0
    • Giroud (sub)
      0
    • Fabregas (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

345 posts in this topic
17 hours ago, Namika said:

Courtois

Azpi - Chris - Rudiger

Moses - Cesc - Kante - Emerson

Willian - Giroud - Hazard

Hopefully.

This! The speed, width and flair alone would kill that United team. We can get away with Cesc-Kante midfield too knowing how slow and poor United are both on and off the ball. 3-4-3 without false 9 is a must for this game imo

jernej93 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willian's form couldn't have come at a better time because it gives Jose a headache as he can no longer just focus on setting up to stop Hazard.

We need some big performances and I'd like to see the defence stay the same because I feel it's our best and most solid trio currently.

But we should have nothing to fear going to Old Trafford, and a win will take the pressure off of us and put it squarely on United whether they could be the team to miss out on top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Cahill is nailed on to start somehow. I'll be shocked though if Baka comes back in. If Cesc can hold up in a midfield 2 against Barca than he should be able to against United. 

No false 9, please. 

Starman60 and xPetrCechx like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LeonDavis23 said:

Can't see us scoring against them, they are too defensively solid while we are impotent in attack.

What? Sevilla has plenty of chances against this defensively solid team. Are you saying Sevillas attack is better Than ours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeonDavis23 said:

Can't see us scoring against them, they are too defensively solid while we are impotent in attack.

ok :Goober:

Supermonkey92 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Polo7 said:

What? Sevilla has plenty of chances against this defensively solid team. Are you saying Sevillas attack is better Than ours?

This is at Old Trafford though where they rack up clean sheets with their eyes closed, saying that they got 1 in midweek too. Don't know too much about Sevilla but based on our form this season, yes their attack is probably better than ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Main thing about this game is whether the players will be up for it. They made the right noises before the Barcelona game and based on the performance on Tuesday night, they were definitely up for it and wanted to win. Whether they will feel motivated for this big but less glamorous than the Champions League match remains to be seen. We have seen this team put in good performances against the big sides and also some horrendous performances this season.

xPetrCechx and communicate like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Main thing about this game is whether the players will be up for it. They made the right noises before the Barcelona game and based on the performance on Tuesday night, they were definitely up for it and wanted to win. Whether they will feel motivated for this big but less glamorous than the Champions League match remains to be seen. We have seen this team put in good performances against the big sides and also some horrendous performances this season.

the games against arsenal :philjones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Main thing about this game is whether the players will be up for it. They made the right noises before the Barcelona game and based on the performance on Tuesday night, they were definitely up for it and wanted to win. Whether they will feel motivated for this big but less glamorous than the Champions League match remains to be seen. We have seen this team put in good performances against the big sides and also some horrendous performances this season.
We've only lost to City out of the big six in the league, so I'd go for us to get the win if the line up is similar to Tuesday's with the exception of Pedro for Giroud & maybe Emerson to earn his first league start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 9:32 AM, Special Juan said:

Conte won't start Emerson, I also think we will see the return of Sir Bakayoko.

Bakayoko !!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ..........Please don't inflict this imposter on us until he learns how to play at this level.:blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 0:53 PM, Pizy said:

Think Cahill is nailed on to start somehow. I'll be shocked though if Baka comes back in. If Cesc can hold up in a midfield 2 against Barca than he should be able to against United. 

No false 9, please. 

Please don't bring in Cahill....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully knowing there is a chance we'll finish the day outside top 4 will motivate the players. Though they should be anyway. Extra day rest so that ain't a excuse just gotta go for it. No silly moments... No Cahill or if he does play no Cahill moments... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Courtois
Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger
Moses - Kante - Fabregas - Emerson
Willian - Giroud/Morata - Hazard

Go for it, press them high! 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Courtois
Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger
Moses - Kante - Fabregas - Emerson
Willian - Giroud/Morata - Hazard

Go for it, press them high! 

 No chance Emerson starts ahead of Alonso after a pretty sound performance in the game v Barca. Only change will be Pedro for Giroud or Morata. Would be stupid to change anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

 No chance Emerson starts ahead of Alonso after a pretty sound performance in the game v Barca. Only change will be Pedro for Giroud or Morata. Would be stupid to change anything else.


I agree, Alonso will start 100% but this is my "dream" team for tomorrow :) I also think Cahill will start instead of Rudiger ...

Cahill - Alonso on that left side against Valencia and Sanchez could be suicide tbh :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jernej93 said:


I agree, Alonso will start 100% but this is my "dream" team for tomorrow :) I also think Cahill will start instead of Rudiger ...

Cahill - Alonso on that left side against Valencia and Sanchez could be suicide tbh :( 

Na hopefully no Cahill. Defence was pretty solid against Barca, one poor mistake won't really affect Christensen I don't think, hes top class. Rudiger was also quite good that night, played some brilliant long diagonals to switch the play. Azpi is Azpi. No need to change that back 3 for this game. Can't see Conte being daft enough either to mix up his defence because in all reality its arguably the strongest part of our team. I would say that the GK, the defence and midfield picks itself based purely on the options we have available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.