• Drinkwater
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't the going tough in the run in to the 2015 title? And even last year to an externt. 2015 especially you could visably tell the players were exhausted and running on empty yet kept getting those results. Funnily enough they have made lighter work of it twice than our last team did in 2010.

Do i think they are as strong as the last bunch? No, but you don't piss two titles with a bunch of pussycats, especially given we were up against (on paper) superior sides.

Look, no one is discrediting the players for winning 2 titles in 3 years but doing it over an entire season is different from doing it in the big games or the key period during matches.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the footballing gods and lady luck had been shining on us this week we would be sitting pretty with 2 wins against Barcelona and utd , the fine lines between winning drawing losing sums up were we are! Lets win against City nxt sunday !

Well this is what you get when you need "improvements" but you actualy end up with far worse players.

Morata for Costa, Drinkwater and Bakayoko for Matic and finaly Giroud for Morata. 

Cant believe people thought Drinks and Giroud will end up quality and useful players. I called it out, the bandwagon on those two players was funny. 

They are average at best, but people made it look like they can somehow put great shift, maybe everyone is just desperate and wants to convince themselves we actualy made smart transfers?

I mean Leicester wanted an update for Drinks and Arsenal bought two strikers to replace Giroud. 

But those two were supposed to be good for us? Yes as third choice striker and 4th choice midfielder, not anywhere near first 11. 

We fucking knew Cesc wont hold his own whole season and we need quality backup/possible starter because he would start alot, the best board could do was Drinks?

And also now we are not only stuck with one bad striker, but two. So much for Giroud to wake Morata and give him competition lol. Both are bang average. 

Morata should have goal today though if not for stupid ref mistake again. It just says we dont have luck sometimes, but that shouldnt be excuse. Players should do better. 

We had united for the taking, but the mentality of our team sometimes...sad, very sad.

Onto city now....I actualy was quite optimistic for Barca and United games, but for City, I think we have no chance, except for maybe another tactical defending that ends up with fluke goal and 1:0 win for us. But even then, that wouldnt mean shit, because it was fluke win and we will return to bad displays soon after. 

Barca camp nou game will decide if our season was again disaster or not. Hopefuly all the football gods work in our favour there.

And on side note, why the hell didnt Emerson start? Conte complains about lack of depth, but doesnt trust the players he gets. We could have 10 Emersons, whats the point in having them if Conte doesnt play them anytime, except for some cup games here and there where even good game means jack shit. On the other hand, he doesnt have problem fielding Drinks or Giroud at all. 

Just goes to say we are still that old team that relies on average players who are "reliable", but those who can actualy improve us longterm and are bit of risk dont smell the pitch at all (with exception of Christensen). 

Conte won us title last year,  but collectively, we havent improved one bit on any are. The first 11, the bench, the future players, the style of play. All goes sideways, one step up, two down. Then the odd shortterm title season, but nothing that would last.

The day this policy, when we stop getting trophies, the club will become average, because apart from trophies, there is nothing that would appeal other stars to join us. Sadly. 

14 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I can’t believe Drinks & Giroud will end up quality and useful players. I called it out, the bandwagon on those two players was funny. 

Would not include Giroud in your post, he was only on the pitch for what, 10 minutes? How can you blame him or his signing on the result? He was bought to provide a nice reliable back up for Morata and so far he’s done all right. 1 goal and 3 assists so far isn’t that bad (considering he should probably be on 3 goals). 

1 hour ago, mccg said:

If the footballing gods and lady luck had been shining on us this week we would be sitting pretty with 2 wins against Barcelona and utd , the fine lines between winning drawing losing sums up were we are! Lets win against City nxt sunday !

As the saying goes - you create your own luck. We didn’t invest into the team correctly and ultimately that’s the reason why we crossed those fine lines between winning and drawing/losing. If we had better overall quality we’d definitely win the last two games. 

morata is not sutable for premier league. Strikers like Diago costa or lukaku will be sucessful. they are tough, can stand their ground , can hold the ball in front of the goal mouth. If they cant score they can pass the ball to their team mates, Morata doesnt have this quality, he is not suitable for premier league where body physical contact is more often.He is more often on the ground than standing up.  Think Chelsea will get a draw or even beat Manchester if Oliver played tht game. He has the quality of Diego Costa. 

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Would not include Giroud in your post, he was only on the pitch for what, 10 minutes? How can you blame him or his signing on the result? He was bought to provide a nice reliable back up for Morata and so far he’s done all right. 1 goal and 3 assists so far isn’t that bad (considering he should probably be on 3 goals). 

Because Morata isnt good enough to be first choice sadly. And neither is Giroud. 

We should do what Arsenal did and bring top striker like Pea. Or keep Bats and find striker in summer. 

For backup Bats was good enough. He wasnt nearly good enough to start games though. But neither is Giroud. 

We just stir the shit at Chelsea nowdays. We dont solve problems at all, just new day, same old problems.

We replaced problem named Bats with problem named Giroud. Neither is going to solve anything.

Bottom line, we are in dire need for upgrades. Expensive, but if we want to compete, we have to pay. Its simple.

And instead we are fucking around with the likes of Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinks, Giroud, Emerson...hell even Morata came as extremely big question.

Yeah Emerson is promising, so is Barkley. But damn, we need first 11 quality upgrades. Thats fucking priority. Once first 11 is settled, board can play around and take risks with Emersons and Barkleys. 

Im sick the club is settling for average players who have zero connection to club, zero character, zero potential, average quality. 

Either buy quality players or players that will fight for the club. For example, you can see what Conte made out of Vidal at juve. We need this type of players. 

Not some instagram, poster boys who belong to model agency and not on the pitch. 

Giroud is ok as backup. But let me ask you this. We needed top player in january to give us boost. To help us secure top 4. What did we do? Barkley and Giroud? Lol. 

And now we fall from top 4, slowly but surely. 

Im not fan of extreme over spending, but when its necessary and on right player, Im all in.

Mahrez was up for the taking in january. Where were we? Securing deals for Michy and Morata. 

We had Bats. He isnt reliable tbh, but fuck me I dont feel any better knowing Giroud might lead us in CL and top 4 chase. He can score, yeah, he gets goals sometimes. But truth is he is average, not even arsenal standard. Why? Because he is good from bench, but average when he gets run of games. Because he misses sitters all day. Like Morata. 

We needed someone that can push the team forward. Be it striker, be it RW. The board did nothing. 

At this rate, we will be lucky to compete in CL in the coming years, never mind be on the top. 

Pool is improving, so is City by mile and United has money power that can buy anyone. 

And we are just waiting. Hell we cant even secure contracts with Eden and Tibo.

But the biggest problem I see is Diego case. Making problem out of nothing. There was NO striker as good as him or close to him on market. Like or hate Diego, fact is he is top striker. And yet, we had to ship him off. 

This summer will tell if we are going to run back for the top or do Arsenal. 

And its not even funny anymore. Im optimistic always, but the situation is terrible. People think (or hope) we will magicaly pull another title season next year, but the truth is we will be lucky to be in top 4. 

If we had prime Drogba here, fuck it, bring Giroud as backup. But we dont even have single good striker and we keep on bringing more average players. 

It says enough our plan was to bring out and out top LWB. We bring Emerson who was injured for half year. And he isnt even getting trust by Conte. With two lbs in Alonso, Emerson, we wont be getting anyone else. So thats that. LB will either be one of those two. Sure, Emerson has potential. But we need quality. Someone who you buy and you can trust two days later in derby. 

Arsenal was buying talents for years. Cheaper, future. Yeah, they have done amazing. You will say Im overreacting, but mate, we have less and less quality and character each year. One day it will fall apart if we dont start rebuilding seriously. 

The overreaction is a bit silly. We are in the process of rebuilding after losing the old guard. The problem is, supporters are expecting the new signings to come in and make an instant impact when most of them have never played in this league before. Barkley has been out 8 months through injury, so his return isn't going to be swift. Bakayoko and Morata have been hampered with injuries and are in a new league, new country, and still adapting to new tactics/formation etc. Morata, I have faith, will learn to adapt to the Premier League, the same as Bakayoko, but it's not  going to be easy. Some players adapt faster.

You can go back in PL history to 10/15 years ago and I am sure there would be a big list of the top players who found it difficult initially. I understand the impatience, people are expecting instant results, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. People need to be more patient, we are currently going through a transitional period after losing many of our most experienced and key players from the last 5-10 years. 

Edited by It's too big

30 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

We pretty much confirmed we are getting relegated next season after Courtois and Hazard leave us at the end of this season.

Don't think we'll be relegated but we will certainly be in the bottom half of the table.

MANU scores the moment after Hazard's replacement.
Some accurate players ergometrics at work, indeed !
Hazard must be the one and only star player of any team who gets replaced after 70 minutes. Never seen this before.

MANU beat us last year too at their venue but now it looks like Europa for 1918-19 !

About Girou I don't know. He was very good in the 2016 Euro - never mind France's bad luck in the final against Portugal.
That's not a millenium ago.
He could of course be a spent force now.
Yet all in all the team changes we made last summer and in January are a joke.

this season has been such a ******, in the all the years that I have been a chelsea fan I always felt guilty for not having watched the match on tele(if I missed them) yet somehow this season I feel totally normal not doing it.

It feels like the only thing that we are capable of right now is loosing. And I am thinking to myself why even bother?

Damn I hate this so much :(

5 hours ago, It's too big said:

Barkley has been out 8 months through injury, so his return isn't going to be swift

I had completely forgotten that we had even signed Barkley. Where the fck is he??

On 26/02/2018 at 6:43 AM, DDA said:

I had completely forgotten that we had even signed Barkley. Where the fck is he??

Out with a hamstring injury, which is a shame because I think he could have been useful against United. For an attacking midfield player hes quite a physical player, takes the ball well on the half turn, would of opened up a bit more room for us in the final third imo, only criticism I'd have of our first half is we only got behind United twice, I think somebody like Barkley taking the ball on the half turn in certain areas could of allowed us to break through them a bit quicker and get in behind more.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Out with a hamstring injury, which is a shame because I think he could have been useful against United. For an attacking midfield player hes quite a physical player, takes the ball well on the half turn, would of opened up a bit more room for us in the final third imo, only criticism I'd have of our first half is we only got behind United twice, I think somebody like Barkley taking the ball on the half turn in certain areas could of allowed us to break through them a bit quicker and get in behind more.

Injured again!! Do you know how long is out for??

53 minutes ago, DDA said:

Injured again!! Do you know how long is out for??

Couple of weeks? Don't think anything has been reported on it. In any case, think this season is a complete 'write-off' for him. Even if he makes a comeback soon, it'll take games/weeks to get him to 100% fitness.