• Drinkwater
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Blaming taking off Hazard is an easy cop out, he was shit but Pedro wasn't any better.

Yeah 100% agree, pity because I hoped Pedro's willingness to run in behind and try stretch United would of helped us big time but it never came. Willian looked pretty knackered near the end but was always more likely to conjure something up out of any of our attackers. Cesc should have played from the start today I think, first half he would of had all the space in the world and then hes a different element all together, United and in particular Matic, Pogba and McTominay got really involved in the second half, started picking up a lot of second balls, getting in the faces of our MF. Bakayoko for Matic has to be the worst replacement we've done in years. 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What's all the more crushing about this situation is that we were comfortably above Liverpool and Spuds not long ago and right on the heels of United. I seriously almost discounted Spuds because they were so far behind us and looking average. Now all 3 of those sides will be out of sight by the end of the next matchweek.

That's what's so annoying. So many times we couldve been 2nd...now in a matter or weeks we're sodding 5th 6 behind 2nd. Both teams have just leap fogged us. Spurs just appeared and I hope we don't slide below Arsenal cause that would take the piss

Just now, LeonDavis23 said:

Everyone is annoyed but there is no surprise with this result, the top 4 are miles above us in terms of class and ability.

No they are not. Only City is Utd is just as shit as we are, but they are the bigger brand and have more of a winning mentality. that is why they won today. we dominated them at the bridge and should have won by double digits. an today we should have gone into halftime 1 or 2 goals up. but we are unable to take our chances and falter under pressure. Commit suicidal errors in defense without being forced to. that is why we are where we are. the team is inc omplete disarray. Conte and most major players are elsewhere with their heads. Load this with a bunch of average passenger squad players and we got the situation we are in here. This problem has many dimensions. The wrong manager for the phase this squad is in. A board that is clueless in the transfer window and values economic success over footballing success. This big ass stadium rebuild project. An increasingly disinterested owner. A squad that lacks both genuine quality both in depth and in peak, barely working as a cohesive union because of the gaps in quality over the formation.

You just saw it coming. So disappointing after such a bright start. Drinkwater, surprisingly imo was our best player today. I am fuming at Conte for doing this again. Hazard was not great but you just don't take off your best player at that minute. Ridiculous. They scored shortly after he came off and who is their to inspire magic? No one! Such a poor decision. He still was dangerous and a player Mourinho must of been smiling secretly in delight when he saw him come off.

As good as the defence are, my worry sometimes is that none of them are physical powerhouses and very commanding. Rudiger to some extent. Not a major problem but just concerned how easily Lukaku was able to easily shrug off our defenders throughout the match.

That loss is really a blow. I don't see us getting anything at City. Best a draw and considering Liverpool have Newcastle at home and Spurs have Huddersfield at Wembley, you imagine them pulling even further away. Not impossible to get top 4 but a huge ask. Those losses against relegation fighting teams looks like it will prove pivotal right now. Games like Bournemouth, Burnley, West Ham, Watford, we just can't afford to be losing all those games. Just ridiculous when you think about it. They are hugely costing us.

The only hope that makes me think we may get something out of City is that they go to Emirates on Thursday and then have a game three days after against us. Hopefully fatigue kicks in but even then still don't have much hopes of getting anything there.

So we're now:

(1) 5th in the league.

(2) Conte plays an out of form striker for 90 mins who has been playing like a pussy and moaning like a bitch.

(3) But subs out his BEST PLAYER in a must win game at 1-1.

(4) For fucking Pedro in reaction to a bang average United bringing on the mighty Jesse fucking Lingaard.

(5) And Conte manages to make Mourinho look proactive in the 2nd half.

This together with several other reasons is why I'm now officially CONTE OUT. I'm just tired of watching fucking boring as shit managers managing my club. Watch us average 25% possession away to City and Barcelona and get battered and abused in both games despite 100 of millions of investment from Abramovich we still play caveman football. Shameful. 

Problem is finish outside this season it's next season be harder to break in.. Man City and Man U probably be up there... Liverpool are busy scoring for fun and Spurs who most thought would drop after losing their chance at the league twice have shown their capableness.... 

Still games to go but highly doubt much will change.. Lucky us.. 

What's all the more crushing about this situation is that we were comfortably above Liverpool and Spuds not long ago and right on the heels of United. I seriously almost discounted Spuds because they were so far behind us and looking average. Now all 3 of those sides will be out of sight by the end of the next matchweek.

We've choked everytime a chance to create a gap has opened up. Unfortunately, Tottenham didn't slip up again

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Other teams in that top four will finish above us for one reason, they have an edge, they have a will to get the job done. We don't have that, we fucking choke far too much.

Spineless cunts.

The biggest thing all 4 sides above us have that we don't this season is fear factor. City and Liverpool play highly aggressive, extremely effective attacking football that just blows everyone away. Spuds press everyone like mad and have the best forward in the country to constantly pull them through. Small clubs simply cannot handle high pressing like Liverpool and Spuds do. As average as United are they're still the biggest club in the country and instll fear in most opponents.

Every single team that we come up against big or small fancies it. Burnley, Watford, Palace, Bournemouth, etc come up against Chelsea and think "we can get after them and get something here." That's insane considering we're the fucking champions.

This is why, when Conte inevitably walks at the end of the season, we need to appoint an attack minded manager. We can sacrifice some defensive solidity for a more aggressive, attacking brand of football. As Liverpool and City are proving (and even the best sides in Europe can't defend well) simply being unstoppable going forward is enough.

Why did we let them take the ball for free in the second half? We were in complete control and should have been further up until we conceded this stupid goal. This pretty much sums up our inconsistent rollercoaster season and as I said before it will be very hard to get into the top 4 now. United is out of sight and Liverpool and Spurs will both enjoy a strong ending to the season so we will most likely finish being 5th with only 73 points, which is a big step back from last season. I hope the board delivers in the summer so we can regroup and go again next season.

1 minute ago, iceboy said:

Ok Hazard had a day off but u just can't take him off. Still can't understand how we lost.

DW5NMgwXkAATowb.jpg

Was Hazard good in the 2nd half, no, he was too passive. But if this is a day off then I wonder what can be said of Morata's performance. Or Sanchez's shit show (who still played more mins than Hazard). 

The post match discussion of this game should have nothing to do with Hazard if Conte wasn't so stupid. It should be Morata who was beyond terrible, weak and annoying. Yet he played the whole 90 mins while Giroud languished on the bench. Incredible. 

26 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Dear conte please drop this 343 formation for now....try 433 or something else...we dont have quality wing backs that is why we rely too much on willian hazard for something upfront... 

We don't have the midfield for a 4-3-3 though as it relies on possession-based tactics. None of our midfielders are good enough in the ball-playing department.

1 minute ago, Amblève. said:

We don't have the midfield for a 4-3-3 though as it relies on possession-based tactics. None of our midfielders are good enough in the ball-playing department.

We used to enjoy lots of success with variations of 4-3-3 before and we never were a possession-based team.