test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Christian Pulisic

Started by the wes,

159 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

ugghh you are right. so if we sign him that has to mean Hazard is gone... well thats not so good then. 

No. He plays RW as a right-footer. He doesnt often play inverted. 

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

No. He plays RW as a right-footer. He doesnt often play inverted. 

but every goalscoring wi ger will at some point become an inverted one. Dont think it will be different with pulisic. The way modern football is set up with overlapping fullbacks makes traditional wingers redundant

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

but every goalscoring wi ger will at some point become an inverted one. Dont think it will be different with pulisic. The way modern football is set up with overlapping fullbacks makes traditional wingers redundant

If he is our replacement for Eden at LW we are so fucked. Imagine that the bans do come in. And Pulisic is the only buy before they hit.

We are looking at (until summer 2021)

GK Kepa

GK Bulka (hopefully becomes #2)

CB Rudiger

CB Luiz (shoot me now)

CB Ampadu (insane pressure for him to come good and Luiz, as he further ages into his mid 30's will become unplayable if we want more than to just qualify for EL)

CB AC (who may leave)

LB Alonso (shoot me now)

LB Emerson (who HAS to be started soon)

RB Azpi (a 30yo plus Azpi, who is already a weak Sarriball RB offensively)

RB back up (who knows, Zappacosta will soon demand a transfer, I think it HAS to be Reece James, he looks like a possible superstar BUT Sarri wont play youth)

DH DMF Jorginho

Back up? No one if Cesc goes (maybe Donkeywater!)

Hybrid DH Box to Box  Kante

Back up Donkeywater again? Kovacic I think goes back to RM and may end up (disastrously for us) with the Yids. Maybe Ampadu here?

AMF Barkley/RLC split

Back up Mount? But Sarri wont play youth.

RW Pulisic (Only if we actually buy him)

Backup Moses (if things really go tits up)

LW Willian (shoot me now!)

Back up...... a really ageing Pedro

No CHO, as he leaves due to Sarri refusing to play him

Eden leaves (that's what this is all based on)

If no Pulisic or any other winger buy, then we will have to use Musonda and Moses as backups to Willian and Pedro (if and/or when CHO and Eden leave). Maybe Kenedy instead of Musonda.

CF Morata/Giroud clusterfuck for 2 and a half more years as again, we don't do shit to fix this before bans come down

Back up Abaraham? I think we sell Bats. He looks horrid at Valencia and Sarri thinks he is shit.

THAT team for 2 and half years is staring us dead ahead if we make only one move this January (Pulisic) and then the transfer bans hit. Imagine if we don't even buy Pulisic, literally buy no one, then bans hit. If (he will) Eden leaves along with CHO, we will be lucky to finish in top 7. Sarri will perhaps be sacked by Xmas 2019 (if Eden is sold, then for sure, as we wont be able to buy for 2 years, only other option is let him leave on a free in 2020). He WILL leave if the bans come, as for sure no Europe for 1, probably 2 years as well, as we are repeat offenders.

None of this is a joke, none of this is REMOTELY farfetched. I been warning for ages of a trainwreck, far before I joined this board. I have seen ZERO done to alleviate this. In fact, most of the boards actions have made it far worse.

IMO we should go for Fekir who is left footed, has physicality to play in PL, can score goals, has prime years ahead, but isnt completely green like Pulisic. Also most importantly, he can keep possesion and play in tight space which is perfect for Sarri football. Unless there is some real injury concern in the background, I dunno why arent we going after him (lyon president said we were in talks but we stopped pursuit).

We might aswell take risk with false 9 because there isnt single quality striker available (Icardi too expensive, Suarez and Lewa wont move,...). Depay, Richarlison,...maybe it could work under Sarri. 

And the best bit is versatility since Fekir and even Hazard can play uptop or either flank, so there would be alot of movement and fluidity. 

kellzfresh and Johnnyeye like this

45 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

IMO we should go for Fekir who is left footed, has physicality to play in PL, can score goals, has prime years ahead, but isnt completely green like Pulisic. Also most importantly, he can keep possesion and play in tight space which is perfect for Sarri football. Unless there is some real injury concern in the background, I dunno why arent we going after him (lyon president said we were in talks but we stopped pursuit).

We might aswell take risk with false 9 because there isnt single quality striker available (Icardi too expensive, Suarez and Lewa wont move,...). Depay, Richarlison,...maybe it could work under Sarri. 

And the best bit is versatility since Fekir and even Hazard can play uptop or either flank, so there would be alot of movement and fluidity. 

No to Fekir, he has had massive knee problems, its why the scouser scum pulled out at last minute. Speaking of which, there i just now bullshit articles fromLyoncmp saying the knee wasnt the real isue. I do not buy that at all.

If he was on a free (like Ramsey would be), then sure, but no way is he worth a risk for £65m or so.

Plus he is not a true winger, he is more of an AMF

the wes likes this

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

No to Fekir, he has had massive knee problems, its why the scouser scum pulled out at last minute. Speaking of which, there i just now bullshit articles fromLyoncmp saying the knee wasnt the real isue. I do not buy that at all.

If he was on a free (like Ramsey would be), then sure, but no way is he worth a risk for £65m or so.

Plus he is not a true winger, he is more of an AMF

We dont need true winger aka someone who can cross or drift in middle. We need someone who is good on the ball in tight spaces, can pass and score. At least not in Sarri system and if we tried false 9, as I suggested. 

Our play will become more and more dominant under Sarri, as opposed to counter attacking football and therefore superfast direct wingers arent as important as techicaly superior all round ones like Fekir, Hazard, Insigne,...

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

We dont need true winger aka someone who can cross or drift in middle. We need someone who is good on the ball in tight spaces, can pass and score. At least not in Sarri system and if we tried false 9, as I suggested. 

Our play will become more and more dominant under Sarri, as opposed to counter attacking football and therefore superfast direct wingers arent as important as techicaly superior all round ones like Fekir, Hazard, Insigne,...

That doesn't address Fekir's knees. He is damaged goods. We would be fools to pay £65m plus for him.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

That doesn't address Fekir's knees. He is damaged goods. We would be fools to pay £65m plus for him.

Yes its possible indeed. But its also possible he still goes to Liverpool or some team and improves them greatly.

Unionjack likes this

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes its possible indeed. But its also possible he still goes to Liverpool or some team and improves them greatly.

I doubt they go back for him, but even if they might, are we now to play defensive transfers games, dropping £60 to £70m (and a huge gamble as well due to the knee thing) just to keep teams from grabbing players?

Would much rather drop that type of money for Kai Havertz, who is tracking to 18 to 20 goals and 15 to 17 assists in a much harder league and is 6 years younger. Bayern Munich want him and CF Luka Jovic pretty badly, so that will be tough.

We now have blown a chance at getting my value pick (UJ's too) Talisca, who just now made his move perm to China (he is only 24) after being on loan for 6 months. He only cost Guangzhou Evergrande £17m, which is crazy low. In the calendar year 2018 he has scored (between 2 leagues, plus Champions League) 36 goals and has 16 assists in equivalent of 57 games, with 20 of those goals and 8 of those assists coming in just 38 European Super Lig and Champions League games. He would have been a beast in Sarriball, 1.91m tall, insane pace, deadly shot and is left-footed and can play RW as well. GRRRR Wolves still want him badly, so no clue what will happen, as China clubs are strange to deal with.

I must admit to feeling a bit iffy about him when we were 1st linked to him but been thinking about it, reading peeps comments and checking up on him and think he might actually do good with us.

OK I know hes going to be dear but this day and age what player of any worth isn't going to be. And I think as he is quite dynamic he would do well under Sarri.

I would prefer a more prolific goal scorer/assister tho to be honest as we are crying out for lads that can find the goal and might prefer his team mate Sancho but I can't see that happening any time soon.

DDA likes this

Can't see him leaving a team that's probably going to win their domestic league (and that are dark horses in the UCL) for a top four struggle in the PL. 

3 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Can't see him leaving a team that's probably going to win their domestic league (and that are dark horses in the UCL) for a top four struggle in the PL. 

3 reasons why he might

playing time

money

London  (and yank exposure)

I want Nicolas Pepe anyway

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

3 reasons why he might

playing time

money

London  (and yank exposure)

I want Nicolas Pepe anyway

Alassane Plea is also doing great in germany. Lw atm, but should be even better as striker.

Vesper likes this

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Alassane Plea is also doing great in germany. Lw atm, but should be even better as striker.

I LOVE Plea (and Haller) 

we should buy them both!!!