test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Christian Pulisic

Started by the wes,

88 posts in this topic

Has Man United player written all over him. Mostly for marketing purposes. Biggest English speaking market outside of England where United have a massive following, the future face of the USA National Team, would be absolutely huge in terms of shirt sales. Pulisic and Pogba would be their two poster boys.

What may stop him going there is that they're already well stocked in the attacking midfield areas. Unless they sell fan favorite Juan Mata.

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

Would be over the moon if we got Pulisic! But we all know the move isn't going to happen...

He's more of a work in process than Bailey

Make it happen. Batshuayi, who has been quite frankly poor here, and cash in return for Pulisic who has the world at his feet? Would be idiotic not to. 

How is his last name pronounced? Is it Pulisik or Pulisitš?

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

How is his last name pronounced? Is it Pulisik or Pulisitš?

From the pundits that i have heard saying his name, it is pronounced Pulisik.

4 minutes ago, BlueSunshine said:

Given his name is croatian i would say pulisitsch like the german commentatora do

yuvala likes this

1 hour ago, BlueSunshine said:

Don't trust English commentators/pundits with names, they never bother to learn proper pronunciation.

LAM09 likes this

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Given his name is croatian i would say pulisitsch like the german commentatora do

15 minutes ago, manpe said:

Don't trust English commentators/pundits with names, they never bother to learn proper pronunciation.

To be honest, Pulisitsch is how i used to pronounce his name in the past, but Americans pronounce it Pulisik.

Not sure my heart could take this. But Pulisic & Bailey at the Bridge next season.... It would be all over. 

—Morata

Pulisic—Hazard—Bailey

The number of take-ons and dribbles attempted would be insane. 

Miguelito likes this

On 17. 2. 2018 at 10:57 PM, BlueSunshine said:

To be honest, Pulisitsch is how i used to pronounce his name in the past, but Americans pronounce it Pulisik.

On 17. 2. 2018 at 10:41 PM, manpe said:

On 17. 2. 2018 at 9:05 PM, Magic Lamps said:

Naturaly, he is definately spoken Pulisitsch (Pulisić), as he had croatian family. Much like Ibrahimovic (bosnian roots) Mila Jovovich, Abramovic (USSR roots),...

But Americans will certainly call him Pulisik because they are lazy and they want to make that surname sound more ''american''.

11 hours ago, kmk108 said:

He prefers it to be pronuonced Pulisik

https://twitter.com/RaeComm/status/856000381314367488

That was the point i tried to make in my previous posts, so thanks for that. "Ich" might be how it is supposed to be pronounced due to his origin, but i have several buddies in the US that all call him Pulisik, not to mention that i have watched a dozen interviews in which his name was being pronounced that way.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Watch Bayern sign him for like 25M euros or something crazy. They don't fuck about. 

All the German clubs feed Bayern Munich with their best players 

OneMoSalah likes this

On 2/25/2018 at 3:08 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Watch Bayern sign him for like 25M euros or something crazy. They don't fuck about. 

They also don't pay transfer fees to German clubs if they can possibly help it. They just plan ahead, and entice players to run down their contracts.

OneMoSalah likes this