• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

That might be the case but he just seems so raw. Lacks a decent touch, awareness and his finishing is quite bad as well. He's turning out to be a lesser version of Ramires, which is extremely disappointing.

Hope he can turn this perception around though.

only time will tell....

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old 3-5-2 with Alonso as wingback will get absolutely murdered and 3-4-3 with two central midfielders wouldn't be much better. I think we need to come up with something new in order to win this tie.

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Emerson

Kante Fabregas Willian

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Conte would shock the whole football world with this line-up and it would certainly surprise Barcelona as well. But yeah, the likelihood of this happening is like 0,001%

Courtois

Zappacosta Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Emerson

Kante Luiz/Drinkwater

Willian Giroud Hazard

I would go with this. I don't care if Enerson only just joined. Alonso lack of pace will be the end of us. Midfield looks really weak with whatever we put out.

Really don't get why people have Giroud in their lineup. If we're gonna be defensive (which we will probably be forced to even if we take a proactive approach), there are gonna be lot of long balls into space. 

Giroud's hold up play is only 'better' than  Morata's when he's backing up against centre backs and the balls are directly played to him with accuracy. That way he can use his strength to hold off CBs using his strength. Most of the time that won't be the case against Barca and he'll be exposed for what he doesn't have: athleticism. The Barca players will sweep every long ball because Giroud doesn't have the athleticism to cling onto these passes into open space (and I'd like to emphasize open space because they'll be either when we're deep into our own half or have failed to play out from the back, therefore they're played with hardly any accuracy). Morata is better when the ball is put into space, in fact he's a great counter attacking player in general. We saw that vs Bayern.

9 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Same old 3-5-2 with Alonso as wingback will get absolutely murdered and 3-4-3 with two central midfielders wouldn't be much better. I think we need to come up with something new in order to win this tie.

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Emerson

Kante Fabregas Willian

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Conte would shock the whole football world with this line-up and it would certainly surprise Barcelona as well. But yeah, the likelihood of this happening is like 0,001%

Shock with horror

The fact that our midfield options are Drinkwater and Bakayoko(injured) says a lot about the quality of this team .....Not to mention Fabregas with zero pace and defensive qualities....Our midfield is so weak compared to other top teams..

while that may be true, I don't know a single thing Drinkwater does that contributes to a win.
Bakayoko had a mare of a game against Watford, no doubt... But for my money Drinkwater is a guy that has no 'personality' when he's on the pitch. He's just a guy to occupy space.
Bakayoko at least provides pace and power... As questionable as he has been
I also don't know a single thing Bakayoko does that contributes to a win, but I do know a few things he does that contribute to losses and draws. With Drinkwater? Not so much, he's solid and intelligent enough and resembles a premier league footballer.. granted, a mid-table premier league footballer, but still a competent player at this level. Bakayoko pace and power? You're having a laugh, most of the time jogs around half-arsed, is late to every situation and loses physical battles. He's trash. Drinkwater any day, all day over Baka.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Thing is you know what will happen, Baka will skew a ball smash it and he will score, or one will go in off his arse, and then get a run of games. Whoever 'scouted' , and whoever approved the signing should go to Specsavers.

Mickey Droy wearing flippers would have better ball retention than Baka FB.

3 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Ahhhhhhhhhh Mickey Droy :DLegend. Messi might get round him once, but the second time he'd try it he'd end up in row Z. Wasn't quick, but he didn't need to be. The sight of him put the fear of God into opposition players, and even his own team mates :P

16 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micky-Droy-63-Futera-Chelsea-Football-1999-Trade-Card-C336/292004704894?hash=item43fcd6327e:g:KisAAOSw4DJYgJPn

Giroud or morata?

Willian or Pedro?

Who plays next to kante in CM?

Rudiger or Cahill?

Does conte go 3 in midfield?

What worries me is the CM position next to kante. I'd go with Luiz, sort of game he'd excel in, or get sent off :o

Giroud or morata?
Willian or Pedro?
Who plays next to kante in CM?
Rudiger or Cahill?
Does conte go 3 in midfield?
What worries me is the CM position next to kante. I'd go with Luiz, sort of game he'd excel in, or get sent off [emoji33]
Is Luiz fit?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He had an electrical shop in Kensal Rise up till a few years ago I think he's retired to America. Don't think he set foot in Chelsea after he left another victim of Bates hating ex players. I saw him outside his shop a few years ago I was on the other side of the road I shouted '' Alright Mickey?'' he waved and gave me the thumbs up fair play to him.

Morata is faster and also probably very motivated to beat Barca. Giroud on other hand is stronger and somewhat experienced. Both have questionable finishing, but great headers. 

IMO I would field Morata, simply because on counter, he is more of a threat than Giroud. And I think we will play on counter. 

Giroud makes us play more attractive football, at the cost of many missed chances from himself before any potential goal. Giroud really knows 'how to play as a traditional striker' & he positions himself where you expect a good striker to position themselves, meaning some consistent hassle for the opposition (or consistently predictable runs, depending on the quality of the defence.) But, he might be our tied slowest player. Against Barcelona.

Morata brings 'luck'; a 'chance of anything happening' trait. Morata has less traditional positioning, and because of that, is more likely to interchange with Hazard, presumably meaning Hazard is down the centre more. He isn't as confident as Giroud at the moment though, and it might be that mentality is more important than intangible luck, or even skill & space.

Which tactic (or, striker we go with) sounds more likely to beat them this time? - My head & heart say Morata, my gut says Giroud.

I can easily see Drinkwater being this season's Cahill - being, an English player out of their depth, who actually thrives when in the biggest game of their life. 

I could also see Emerson coming in and being one of the most solid players on the pitch, like Bertrand vs. Munich. If our policy was

even more

gung-ho.