• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

34 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I've come to the opinion that starting Giroud or Morata will be more significant that 2 midfielders vs 3. We need an out ball when we finally get it back. Giroud is stronger. Holds the ball up well and brings others better into play. Let' be honest, we aren' gonna be on the ball the majority of the game. The striker is there to give a platform for Hazard in this type of game. I have no trust Morata can do that. 

I think we might see them both together but not starting, can't see Conte sacrificing Hazard to play with 2 upfront because there is no way we will play Barcelona with a 2 man MF, not a chance in hell. Hazard off Morata or Giroud is a must with Kante, Cesc/Barkley and Drinkwater/Bakayoko in MF regardless, playing Barca with a 2 man MF is suicide. 

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

I am not as optimistic as others..Regardless of tactics  they have better players and are the best team in the world atm.....We do not have world class players and enough quality in the team..

Nah they are not the best team in the world. They are a very weird side. They play with 442 without winger but they still have Messi who is arguably the most dangerous player on the planet and Suarez who may not be as clinical as before but his movement and his tenacity is still fantastic. 343 is supposed to be the perfect counter for 442, but they certainly have option to change to 433 with dembele or coutinho

5 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Courtois 

Moses Azpi Christensen Rudiger Alonso

Drinkwater Kante

Hazard

Giroud or Morata ? Fabregas/Pedro/Willian ? 3-4-3 or a 3-5-2 ?

Will probably be a 3-5-2 with Fabregas.

Personally i'd prefer Giroud to start. Seems more in form. Just scored, played well and considering Barcelona are gonna press us like crazy it wouldn't hurt to have his aerial abillity and strenght up top. 

Besides that Morata just didn't look that great in the 20 and 30 minutes he got in the last 2 games. 

Big part of how we do against Barcelona is gonna depend on what we do with the ball. 

If we're just gonna keep gifting the ball back to them then i can't see us coming away with a result.  

I saw this and bile came up in my mouth.  I don't want Drinkwater anywhere near the XI, nowhere... If Luiz is fit I'd prefer him in there to Danny who provides nothing on the pitch.

Giroud makes sense from a form perspective but I have a feeling we'll be playing on the counter and for that I think Morata has more to offer. 

We have to be clinical and efficient on the counter and I would agree with you, the biggest element of our game that needs to be bang on is ball retention. We're not gonna have it a ton so its important to make use of it when we do.

5-3-2

Moses - Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger - Alonso

Luiz - Kante - Fabregas

Hazard - Morata

Its more important to keep them out than it is to score so set up to take away the space they want to exploit and try to hit them with a quick counter. Obviously Messi is the key man but after him I'd be wary of Alba and Roberto.

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nah they are not the best team in the world. They are a very weird side. They play with 442 without winger but they still have Messi who is arguably the most dangerous player on the planet and Suarez who may not be as clinical as before but his movement and his tenacity is still fantastic. 343 is supposed to be the perfect counter for 442, but they certainly have option to change to 433 with dembele or coutinho

Their wingbacks are essentially wingers Alba and Roberto are their dangermen after Messi

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Their wingbacks are essentially wingers Alba and Roberto are their dangermen after Messi

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I saw this and bile came up in my mouth.  I don't want Drinkwater anywhere near the XI, nowhere... If Luiz is fit I'd prefer him in there to Danny who provides nothing on the pitch.

Giroud makes sense from a form perspective but I have a feeling we'll be playing on the counter and for that I think Morata has more to offer. 

We have to be clinical and efficient on the counter and I would agree with you, the biggest element of our game that needs to be bang on is ball retention. We're not gonna have it a ton so its important to make use of it when we do.

5-3-2

Moses - Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger - Alonso

Luiz - Kante - Fabregas

Hazard - Morata

Its more important to keep them out than it is to score so set up to take away the space they want to exploit and try to hit them with a quick counter. Obviously Messi is the key man but after him I'd be wary of Alba and Roberto.

They are no longer a possession based team. I am currenty watching them playing against Eibar, Eibar is dominating the possesion.

19 minutes ago, communicate said:

Thankfully Coutinho can' play

9 minutes ago, communicate said:

They are no longer a possession based team. I am currenty watching them playing against Eibar, Eibar is dominating the possesion.

LOL... They have geared down for this game. They average 61% possession normally

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'd be more worried by Suarez tbh. One f up from Cahill and he will gobble up the chance

Why are you guys coming up with defensive formation.... 532 only when we are playing away from home in Nou camp... Take the game to them they are vulnerable and beatable.... I would rather get eliminated playing attacking football than defending d whole game and yet get eliminated at the end of the day... 

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I'd be more worried by Suarez tbh. One f up from Cahill and he will gobble up the chance

I doubt highly Cahill will be involved. Rudiger has a better range of pass and it will be crucial on the counter.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I doubt highly Cahill will be involved. Rudiger has a better range of pass and it will be crucial on the counter.

I certainly hope so. Anyone is a better option than him

This will be interesting.... 

We have a chance. So do they. We need to not play like we have and just watch the ball go to them and mess around and then they score.

And take every chance! The 08 time yeah the ref didn't help but we had so many chances when they had 10 men and yet all they needed was 1 and through they went. Don't mind losing long as they play like it's not already over. 

No crappie Cahill moments be lovely but bound to happen 

Such fun