• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtois 

Moses Azpi Christensen Rudiger Alonso

Drinkwater Kante

Hazard

Giroud or Morata ? Fabregas/Pedro/Willian ? 3-4-3 or a 3-5-2 ?

Will probably be a 3-5-2 with Fabregas.

Personally i'd prefer Giroud to start. Seems more in form. Just scored, played well and considering Barcelona are gonna press us like crazy it wouldn't hurt to have his aerial abillity and strenght up top. 

Besides that Morata just didn't look that great in the 20 and 30 minutes he got in the last 2 games. 

Big part of how we do against Barcelona is gonna depend on what we do with the ball. 

If we're just gonna keep gifting the ball back to them then i can't see us coming away with a result.  

I honestly do want Morata to start this one but it'd logically make sense to start Giroud. He'd physically bully Umtiti and Piqué. He wouldn't take any shit from them. Morata is simply not in top form for this one. I'd also start Emerson. Alonso is mid-table team potential at best.

Everytime i see Barca play a European away match there's a 10-20 minute sometimes half an hour spell when they are seriously on the ropes (even under Pep that was the case, remember those 2 games at The Emirates that turned from cakewalks to 1 draw and 1 defeat in the last 20?), if/when that happens Tuesday we must punish them, how we do in that spell could be what decides the whole tie.

Also i heard when the draw was made Semedo's suspended, huge boost if so.

5 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Conte says Alonso will be fit to face Barcelona but Bakayoko is out #cfc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For giving that news, I owe you a beer (Or, if you don' drink, a non alcoholic beverage of your choice) 

I've come to the opinion that starting Giroud or Morata will be more significant that 2 midfielders vs 3. We need an out ball when we finally get it back. Giroud is stronger. Holds the ball up well and brings others better into play. Let' be honest, we aren' gonna be on the ball the majority of the game. The striker is there to give a platform for Hazard in this type of game. I have no trust Morata can do that.