test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   29 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

530 posts in this topic
26 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They didn't need to exert themselves over the weekend. I agree with the fact they are a completely different beast now and aren't anywhere near as attacking as they once were.

The first goal tomorrow will be a deciding factor in the tie. Barca haven't been behind in many games this season, so it will be interesting to see how they fair should we take the lead.

I do. We all know Barcelona struggle against physical teams, so he is the ideal choice in that regard. Morata is more suited to the away leg where we are hopefully still in with a shout and looking to hit them on the counter.

Yea, they are a completely different team. I was shocked when I watched el clasico. 

I am not that confident against barca because we are not really in great form right now. Yes winning against wba is great but wba is at the very bottom of epl and hull is simply not at our level.

We can definitely lose the game but I will be surprised if we got destroyed. They are simply just not that kind of team anymore.

17 minutes ago, communicate said:

Yea, they are a completely different team. I was shocked when I watched el clasico. 

I am not that confident against barca because we are not really in great form right now. Yes winning against wba is great but wba is at the very bottom of epl and hull is simply not at our level.

We can definitely lose the game but I will be surprised if we got destroyed. They are simply just not that kind of team anymore.

Hope our big players turn up tomorrow and we end up with a positive result.

Unionjack likes this

Sounds like Luiz didn't even train this weekend or today so he's definitely out! with that in mind I think we need to try something different for this match and possibly play Willian a little deeper in the midfield to help build attacks and take away gaps for Barca to exploit.

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=g0wx9

I feel this lineup is currently our best and possibly the best way to break Barca's first wave of the press. They do attack in two fazes but the first wave is usually the one that puts teams under the most pressure.

My worry is whether or not Willian has the awareness to snuff out danger and stay with runners off the ball. Can he be disciplined enough to take away the passing lane and adept enough to transition to attack? Seems like a tall order for a guy who has never been deployed in this fashion but it could be the best tactic to get our best players on the field while utilizing our best shape. 

I mean can Willian really be any worse than Drinkwater in this defensive role? I agree Danny has the right sort of discipline and patience but what else really?

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 12.20.18 PM.png

5 hours ago, iceboy said:

Shame. If this happen. Conte inviting the pressure.

You've got to be fucking kidding me! We have 2 strikers fit and healthy and Conte wants to play the false 9 again? What is he trying to get at? For an Italian, he sure seems to be taking this approach far too often. Even Guardiola doesn't do it as much with City! :rant:

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

You've got to be fucking kidding me! We have 2 strikers fit and healthy and Conte wants to play the false 9 again? What is he trying to get at? For an Italian, he sure seems to be taking this approach far too often. Even Guardiola doesn't do it as much with City! :rant:

I don't read anything in that article that mention Hazard is going to play as false 9.

Supermonkey92, 11Drogba and Tautvix like this

Just now, communicate said:

I don't read anything in that article that mention Hazard is going to play as false 9.

I didn't either and I thought it was just Matt Law writing rubbish but Guardian also reported that Conte might go with the false 9. So there may be some truth to it.

Time to post the team I would like to see tonight (already!!! big night). :P

Courtois

Azpi - Christensen - Rüdiger

Moses - Kante - Fabregas - Alonso

Willian - Giroud - Hazard

Tbh any kind of midfield we put out is going to be weak. Drinkwater or Fabregas? At home I'd take the risk and play Cesc, he isn't that bad defensively but granted he's slow. When we recover the ball and he can quickly spread accurate passes up front then it will make up for it, Drinkwater is lacking in that department. I don't envy Conte, but whatever he does I hope he doesn't play Hazard as striker and keeps Cahill on the bench.

Supermonkey92 and Unionjack like this

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Tbh any kind of midfield we put out is going to be weak. Drinkwater or Fabregas? At home I'd take the risk and play Cesc, he isn't that bad defensively but granted he's slow. 

I don't like playing Cesc n kante against Barca. Kante will have busy day stopping Messi and it will make Cesc cover the midfield by himself and we all know how slow he is. I will play 3 mod fab, kante and drink water. 

11 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't like playing Cesc n kante against Barca. Kante will have busy day stopping Messi and it will make Cesc cover the midfield by himself and we all know how slow he is. I will play 3 mod fab, kante and drink water. 

With 3-5-2 we'll be toothless in attack. We don't really have ideal solutions whatever we go with, Barca will dominate either way.

Just now, manpe said:

With 3-5-2 we'll be toothless in attack. We don't really have ideal solutions whatever we go with, Barca will dominate either way.

For me at home it is important not to concede due to away goal rule.

Beigl and Supermonkey92 like this

For me at home it is important not to concede due to away goal rule.
Good point

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Has anyone else got a runny botty? I get so mucj more nervous having to sit and watch it at home than being at the game. My neighbours going to be wondering WTF is going on in here tonight! but theyre used to me by now lol

I just hope we take it to them and we get the full of swag Eden turn up. I would go with a 343 with Giroud and Willi plus a Kante/Cescy CM.

And please please please no fuckin Cahill.