test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   29 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

530 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Oh Lord no! 

Can't field a team without a British representative

3-4-3

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Christensen - Rudiger

Moses-Kante-Fabregas/Luiz - Alonso

Willian/Pedro - Morata - Hazard

3-4-2-1

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Christensen- Rudiger/Cahill

Moses- Kante - Drinkwater/Luiz - Alonso

Willian/Fabregas - Hazard

Giroud

COME ON !! :cool:

C5ht6v5XEAEzufv.jpg

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
19 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:
Explain this rule to me again?

It's called, going by history.

Ohhhhhhh I never heard that rule before! I prefer the "field your best lineup" rule

Starman60 likes this

Ohhhhhhh I never heard that rule before! I prefer the "field your best lineup" rule

So do I. Just a shame that means diddly squat to the manager, seeing as Baka & Cahill have played the majority of games thus far.

Just now, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

So do I. Just a shame Baka & Cahill have played the majority of games thus far.

For the record I don't think Drinkwater is in any way an upgrade to Bakayoko

bigbluewillie and Mufassir08 like this

For the record I don't think Drinkwater is in any way an upgrade to Bakayoko
Those are bold words. Drinkwater has his limitations but I don't think his commitment has ever come into question.

Bakayoko's performance against Watford might as well have been at the park.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Those are bold words. Drinkwater has his limitations but I don't think his commitment has ever come into question.

Bakayoko's performance against Watford might as well have been at the park.

while that may be true, I don't know a single thing Drinkwater does that contributes to a win.

Bakayoko had a mare of a game against Watford, no doubt... But for my money Drinkwater is a guy that has no 'personality' when he's on the pitch. He's just a guy to occupy space.

Bakayoko at least provides pace and power... As questionable as he has been

while that may be true, I don't know a single thing Drinkwater does that contributes to a win.
Bakayoko had a mare of a game against Watford, no doubt... But for my money Drinkwater is a guy that has no 'personality' when he's on the pitch. He's just a guy to occupy space.
Bakayoko at least provides pace and power... As questionable as he has been

I'd say he does more right than wrong no matter how little or large his impact is. Just don't see him being detrimental unlike the latter.

However, it's fair to say neither should have been signed in the summer.
Supermonkey92 likes this

I'd say he does more right than wrong no matter how little or large his impact is. Just don't see him being detrimental unlike the latter.

However, it's fair to say neither should have been signed in the summer.

Agree to disagree... Drinkwater to me has zero influence on the game as far as I'm concerned and yes should NEVER have been purchased.

I'm not ready to give up on Bakayoko just yet... The tools are there, seems like the fitness isn't

Agree to disagree... Drinkwater to me has zero influence on the game as far as I'm concerned and yes should NEVER have been purchased.
I'm not ready to give up on Bakayoko just yet... The tools are there, seems like the fitness isn't

Fair enough.

Bakayoko needs to regain any sort of form away from the club before he can make it here.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Fair enough.

Bakayoko needs to regain any sort of form away from the club before he can make it here.

Maybe... Maybe just needs a full training camp? first year in a tough league! I have definitely seem glimpses of fantastic play from him, he needs consistency and to eliminate the mares he's had this year.

Maybe... Maybe just needs a full training camp? first year in a tough league! I have definitely seem glimpses of fantastic play from him, he needs consistency and to eliminate the mares he's had this year.
That might be the case but he just seems so raw. Lacks a decent touch, awareness and his finishing is quite bad as well. He's turning out to be a lesser version of Ramires, which is extremely disappointing.

Hope he can turn this perception around though.

That might be the case but he just seems so raw. Lacks a decent touch, awareness and his finishing is quite bad as well. He's turning out to be a lesser version of Ramires, which is extremely disappointing.

Hope he can turn this perception around though.

only time will tell....

Same old 3-5-2 with Alonso as wingback will get absolutely murdered and 3-4-3 with two central midfielders wouldn't be much better. I think we need to come up with something new in order to win this tie.

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Emerson

Kante Fabregas Willian

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Conte would shock the whole football world with this line-up and it would certainly surprise Barcelona as well. But yeah, the likelihood of this happening is like 0,001%

Courtois

Zappacosta Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Emerson

Kante Luiz/Drinkwater

Willian Giroud Hazard

I would go with this. I don't care if Enerson only just joined. Alonso lack of pace will be the end of us. Midfield looks really weak with whatever we put out.

Really don't get why people have Giroud in their lineup. If we're gonna be defensive (which we will probably be forced to even if we take a proactive approach), there are gonna be lot of long balls into space. 

Giroud's hold up play is only 'better' than  Morata's when he's backing up against centre backs and the balls are directly played to him with accuracy. That way he can use his strength to hold off CBs using his strength. Most of the time that won't be the case against Barca and he'll be exposed for what he doesn't have: athleticism. The Barca players will sweep every long ball because Giroud doesn't have the athleticism to cling onto these passes into open space (and I'd like to emphasize open space because they'll be either when we're deep into our own half or have failed to play out from the back, therefore they're played with hardly any accuracy). Morata is better when the ball is put into space, in fact he's a great counter attacking player in general. We saw that vs Bayern.

Leif likes this

9 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Same old 3-5-2 with Alonso as wingback will get absolutely murdered and 3-4-3 with two central midfielders wouldn't be much better. I think we need to come up with something new in order to win this tie.

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Emerson

Kante Fabregas Willian

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Conte would shock the whole football world with this line-up and it would certainly surprise Barcelona as well. But yeah, the likelihood of this happening is like 0,001%

Shock with horror

The fact that our midfield options are Drinkwater and Bakayoko(injured) says a lot about the quality of this team .....Not to mention Fabregas with zero pace and defensive qualities....Our midfield is so weak compared to other top teams..