• Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing false 9 with Hazard up front usually isolated Hazard from the game. And that is exactly what we do not need against Barcelona. On the other hand, him playing with Pedro and Willian worked against Brighton (?) so maybe it will work against Barcelona too. It starts with B too. Desperate.

It is very strange that Emerson isn't even in the squad. Alonso's first match back in a couple of games against arguably the best side in Europe. What if he gets roasted or injured? I'd rather have Emerson (a natural left back) coming on than shoehorning Zappa there.

Hopefully he's not injured and is instead just being eased in due to the nightmarish fixture list we have coming up.

4 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Conte said he had nightmares on the team selection, so he don't even have a game plan.

The team selection has given me nightmares.

I fear about this game even more now.

He should have gotten some sleep. This is a line up a tired head would select imo.

It is very strange that Emerson isn't even in the squad. Alonso's first match back in a couple of games against arguably the best side in Europe. What if he gets roasted or injured? I'd rather have Emerson (a natural left back) coming on than shoehorning Zappa there.
Hopefully he's not injured and is instead just being eased in due to the nightmarish fixture list we have coming up.
It makes no sense, sorry
Only in TC I've seen people wanting a player who has less professional matches in his whole career than Azpilicueta has in one season for us and even worse, use Alonso lack of rhythm for missing two matches, while Emerson played only one match from the start this whole season...
Conte makes no sense without a striker, but the Emerson brigade makes even less.

Same lineup I'd pick apart from the false 9 and not having OG in.

IF we let the front 3 roam around free with no set formation then it ill work. But if they stick to positions then its far too rigid,

If Cescy and Alonso are up for it then the top 3 should be busy. Just gotta keep them moving.

In this particular case he'd be going against midfielders who are similar to him. None of Barca's midfielders are the type that Cesc struggles against (powerful, dynamic, athletic, fast). For this reason I actually think he can start tonight. He's not going to get bullied by Busquets/Rakitic/Iniesta or beaten for pace.
The biggest problem I see is us not having much of the ball meaning Cesc will be expending all his energy chasing shadows. 
Paulinho will definitely bully him. No. Doubt. At. All.