• Scott (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be such a shame if Drinkwater starts against Barca. I can't see other way, but I really hope Conte surprises us with something special.

And what about Alonso? I guess we'll see Zappa on the left...

2 minutes ago, El P. said:

It would be such a shame if Drinkwater starts against Barca. I can't see other way, but I really hope Conte surprises us with something special.

And what about Alonso? I guess we'll see Zappa on the left...

Please no Zappacosta on the left... 

Willian has to start against Barca for me. Better ball retention and link up play than Pedro. Having Giroud and Pedro to bring off the bench is good firepower.

Would also be a ballsy move if Conte throws Emerson into the fire instead of Alonso. Marcos hasn't played in a while and even when fully fit and in form would get roasted by Barca. We need someone who can run.

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Willian has to start against Barca for me. Better ball retention and link up play than Pedro. Having Giroud and Pedro to bring off the bench is good firepower.

Would also be a ballsy move if Conte throws Emerson into the fire instead of Alonso. Marcos hasn't played in a while and even when fully fit and in form would get roasted by Barca. We need someone who can run.

I'm starting Pedro all day long. Willian always flatters to decieve against good teams plus Pedro offers something different from Hazard. We need his long range shooting and he's much more clinical in front of goal than Willian and won't make stupid decisions in the final 3rd. We are going to have limited chances in our upcoming matches against Barca and City so we need clinical players.  I'm not going to get carried away by Willian continually doing well against trash opposition. It will be a mistake to start Willian as far as I'm concerned. 

1st half Olivier Giroud was the most powerful CF presence we've had since Drogba (playing with his back toward defenders).

High hopes for Ampadu.

Current squad isn't good enough to win anything, but we have some potential for the future.

I know with Girouds's excellent performance, people want him to start, but in my opinion, Morata should get the nod ahead. It's a no brainer that Chelsea will start the game with a defensive mind set, in such a case a player with Morata's pace would be helpful to terrorize their defence on the break, Giroud might be better in link up but we need someone who can hit on the break.

2 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Morata's pace would be helpful to terrorize their defence on the break,

You've gotta be kidding Morata TERRORIZE their defence with his pace, you mean if he can stand up, and even then it's highly questionable.

Do you honestly believe that Morata can do that, added to the fact he's been out of the game for how long?

In spite of that Conte will probably start him, and imo it's wrong wrong wrong

Couldn't watch the match last night and only watched the highlights. Hull were rubbish but scored 4 really excellent goals. I know we were 4-0 up at HT and teams easing off in that situation is nothing new but we seemed to give away too many chances to Hull in the second half. Giroud seems to fit the team like a glove (work for Morata to do) and I know one was in the shootout but IIRC, Caballero has saved more penalties for us than Courtois (2 to 1).

I was delighted what we saw last night, not just the result but the fact Conte had the balls to start who he started.

I thong Emerson was really good for his first game and Ampadu looks about 27 in football years, what a player.

Was at the game last night - yes it was "only Hull", but we were nearly knocked out in Round 3 by "only Norwich", so there's proof you can't expect anything in the FA Cup - especially with our current vein of form.

Emerson looked fantastic - very athletic and far more comfortable at carrying the ball than Alonso; his final ball was also more productive. Giroud's hold-up play reminds me of Drogba. Ampadu was sublime; he looks like he's been doing this for a long, long time - can barely believe he's only 17 - what a find he is! Kyle Scott looked very nervous but soon settled down and looked very tidy in possession. Willian was fantastic. Caballero is better than Lev Yashin. Great win.