My Blue Dream....business to get done this summer

Vesper

In a perfect world........

GOALKEEPER

Swap

Thibaut Courtois  for Jan Oblak, as Courtois is hellbent on returning to Madrid to be with his wife and family

CENTRE BACKS

Buy

Kalidou Koulibaly (finally, been so frustrated for last 2 years, De Laurentis is a rotter, and IMHO, Koulibaly is the best CB in the world, watch the tape, he is INSANE)

Alessio Romagnoli 

Sell

Cahill

Luiz

Zouma (I dont think he will ever be the same after that horrid injury, such a tragedy)

Play more

Ethan Ampadu

Trevoh Chalobah

Fikayo Tomori

Left Back

Buy

David Alaba (best fullback in the world, and the Alex Sandro shite is so done, as far as I am concerned) Yes, I know Alaba will cost £80m or so, but is worth it, IF we are going to try and stay in top 5,6,7,8 clubs in the world. If we simply cannot get Alaba, then go in for Sandro (arfff, 3 times)

Sell

Marcos Alonso (we will never get more for him, and he is COMPLETELY dependent on a 3 CB system as a WB, and if Conte goes, the back 3 may too

Right Back

Buy

Djibril Sidibé or Elseid Hysaj (would prefer Álvaro Odriozola, but Real Madrid is going to grab him)

Sell Moses, time to cash in

Midfielders

Buy

Saúl Ñíguez (can use leverage of Courtois for Oblak swap, we so have to get him)

or

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (probably out of our price range, as I expect he will go for at least £120m or so, but hej, this is a WISHLIST)

Leander Dendoncker    (we should have bought him and Goretzka last summer, and now Goretzka is gone to Bayern, where he is going to be a superstar)

Manu Trigueros (great passer)

Sell

EVERYONE BUT KANTE

Bakayoko

Fabregas

Drinkwater

Barkley

sell them ALL, horrid buys, no clue why we bought this shite (other than Fabregas, and its now or never to sell him for any real quid returned)

Right Wingers

Federico Chiesa (preferred) or Domenico Berardi

Sell

Willian

Play Charly Musonda more (I think he can be a special player)

Left Wingers

Buy

Leon Bailey 

Sell

Pedro

Strikers

I REALLY want Mauro icardi (I think he is top 3 striker in world, along with Kane and Lewandowski, who would be a clear number one if he was not 29)

I just do not see how we can swing his £120m plus fee he will command, especially with my other massive buys above

I guess we roll with Morata (who I still think will come massively good) and Giroud, plus PLAY Callum Hudson-Odoi MORE!

Finally

lets deal with the potential Hazard nightmare (Real Madrid)

If he goes, we HAVE to get Marco Asensio in return plus Raphaël Varane (then remove Romagnoli from my buy list above)

We also could add in Courtois and then also demand  Casemiro (remove Dendoncker from my list)

We then would have to buy another goalkeeper,as Atletico Mardid will not sell Oblak without replacement of Courtois

the only ones I would want to buy are one of the following

Gianluigi Donnarumma   18         Italy               AC Milan  

Mattia Perin                   24    Italy        Genoa CFC   

Alban Lafont               18   France/Burkina Faso    FC Toulouse   

we would line up (if Hazard stays)

Goalkeeper Jan Oblak

CB César Azpilicueta

CB Andreas Christensen

CB Kalidou Koulibaly

Backups/Swistchouts  Romagnoli and Rudiger

RWB Djibril Sidibé

LWB  David Alaba

backups Emerson and Zappacosta

MF N'Golo Kante

MF Saúl Ñíguez

Backups Dendoncker, Manu Trigueros

RW  Federico Chiesa

LW Eden Hazard

Back ups, switch out Leon Bailey, Charly Musonda

Striker  Alvaro Morata

backups Giroud and Hudson-Odoi

IF Hazard leaves, and we also include Courtois in a mega deal with Real

then change

LW Asensio

Goalkeeper  one of the 3 I listed above as alternatives to

CB  Raphaël Varane (then remove Romagnoli from my buy list above)

MF  Casemiro instead of Dendoncker

so there you go, my dream team

cheers

PS

If/When Conte Leaves I REALLY want  DIEGO SIMEONE above anyone else, would settle for Joachim Löw or Massimiliano Allegri, hell no to Luis Enrique!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is absolutely no chance we'll buy all of those players. It would cost hundreds of millions.

We also have to be realistic that there won't be such a large cull of the squad. Maybe a few leave but not half the squad.

In my opinion there are three important areas we need to improve on:

I would say one and two are the most important because I think that a back four of Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen and Emerson can work, especially if we can buy a midfield which will help us hold onto the ball far better in the midfield. City's defence is average but are rarely tested because of their dominance in possession.

The other player i would love us to buy if possible is Sessegnon who I think could develop into a top notch player and would provide genuine competition to Emerson (especially if he never fully recovers to his best from his injury).

2 or 3 world class players is what we need. If the squad needs filling out with a couple more, then use the academy (Hudson-Odoi, Ampadu) and/or bring a couple back from loan (Zouma, Kenedy, Batshuayi, Abraham, Loftus-Cheek). More than enough options to freshen up the squad without having to spend money unnecessarily.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There is absolutely no chance we'll buy all of those players. It would cost hundreds of millions.

We also have to be realistic that there won't be such a large cull of the squad. Maybe a few leave but not half the squad.

In my opinion there are three important areas we need to improve on:

I would say one and two are the most important because I think that a back four of Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen and Emerson can work, especially if we can buy a midfield which will help us hold onto the ball far better in the midfield. City's defence is average but are rarely tested because of their dominance in possession.

The other player i would love us to buy if possible is Sessegnon who I think could develop into a top notch player and would provide genuine competition to Emerson (especially if he never fully recovers to his best from his injury).

2 or 3 world class players is what we need. If the squad needs filling out with a couple more, then use the academy (Hudson-Odoi, Ampadu) and/or bring a couple back from loan (Zouma, Kenedy, Batshuayi, Abraham, Loftus-Cheek). More than enough options to freshen up the squad without having to spend money unnecessarily.

IF (and I know it is a fairy tale, we DID sell all I listed, that is between £250m and £300m we would get back (rough estimate), and IF we did do the swap deal (Harzard and Courtois) with Real, and got say Asensio, Casemiro (or even Marcus LLorente) and Verane

that means we would only have to buy (from my list)

Kalidou Koulibaly  70m

David Alaba  80m

Djibril Sidibé  40m

Manu Trigueros 25m

Saúl Ñíguez 90m

Federico Chiesa 45m

Leon Bailey 60m

Mattia Perin  40m

thats a total of

£445m

so a net cost of £145 to £195m

LESS than what Neymar alone cost

that is well within our grasp

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Looking at his profile picture more or less confirms he may of been on the cannabis. :D

I am HER not a HE, thanks sweetie

and I do NOT smoke anything intoxicating

I do enjoy a nice Kriek lambic belgisk ale

skål!

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I am HER not a HE, thanks sweetie

and I do NOT smoke anything intoxicating

I do enjoy a nice Kriek lambic belgisk ale

skål!

Right now it maybe wise to smoke something watching us.:lol:

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

In a perfect world........

GOALKEEPER

Swap

Thibaut Courtois  for Jan Oblak, as Courtois is hellbent on returning to Madrid to be with his wife and family

CENTRE BACKS

Buy

Kalidou Koulibaly (finally, been so frustrated for last 2 years, De Laurentis is a rotter, and IMHO, Koulibaly is the best CB in the world, watch the tape, he is INSANE)

Alessio Romagnoli 

Sell

Cahill

Luiz

Zouma (I dont think he will ever be the same after that horrid injury, such a tragedy)

Play more

Ethan Ampadu

Trevoh Chalobah

Fikayo Tomori

Left Back

Buy

David Alaba (best fullback in the world, and the Alex Sandro shite is so done, as far as I am concerned) Yes, I know Alaba will cost £80m or so, but is worth it, IF we are going to try and stay in top 5,6,7,8 clubs in the world. If we simply cannot get Alaba, then go in for Sandro (arfff, 3 times)

Sell

Marcos Alonso (we will never get more for him, and he is COMPLETELY dependent on a 3 CB system as a WB, and if Conte goes, the back 3 may too

Right Back

Buy

Djibril Sidibé or Elseid Hysaj (would prefer Álvaro Odriozola, but Real Madrid is going to grab him)

Sell Moses, time to cash in

Midfielders

Buy

Saúl Ñíguez (can use leverage of Courtois for Oblak swap, we so have to get him)

or

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (probably out of our price range, as I expect he will go for at least £120m or so, but hej, this is a WISHLIST)

Leander Dendoncker    (we should have bought him and Goretzka last summer, and now Goretzka is gone to Bayern, where he is going to be a superstar)

Manu Trigueros (great passer)

Sell

EVERYONE BUT KANTE

Bakayoko

Fabregas

Drinkwater

Barkley

sell them ALL, horrid buys, no clue why we bought this shite (other than Fabregas, and its now or never to sell him for any real quid returned)

Right Wingers

Federico Chiesa (preferred) or Domenico Berardi

Sell

Willian

Play Charly Musonda more (I think he can be a special player)

Left Wingers

Buy

Leon Bailey 

Sell

Pedro

Strikers

I REALLY want Mauro icardi (I think he is top 3 striker in world, along with Kane and Lewandowski, who would be a clear number one if he was not 29)

I just do not see how we can swing his £120m plus fee he will command, especially with my other massive buys above

I guess we roll with Morata (who I still think will come massively good) and Giroud, plus PLAY Callum Hudson-Odoi MORE!

Finally

lets deal with the potential Hazard nightmare (Real Madrid)

If he goes, we HAVE to get Marco Asensio in return plus Raphaël Varane (then remove Romagnoli from my buy list above)

We also could add in Courtois and then also demand  Casemiro (remove Dendoncker from my list)

We then would have to buy another goalkeeper,as Atletico Mardid will not sell Oblak without replacement of Courtois

the only ones I would want to buy are one of the following

Gianluigi Donnarumma   18         Italy               AC Milan  

Mattia Perin                   24    Italy        Genoa CFC   

Alban Lafont               18   France/Burkina Faso    FC Toulouse   

we would line up (if Hazard stays)

Goalkeeper Jan Oblak

CB César Azpilicueta

CB Andreas Christensen

CB Kalidou Koulibaly

Backups/Swistchouts  Romagnoli and Rudiger

RWB Djibril Sidibé

LWB  David Alaba

backups Emerson and Zappacosta

MF N'Golo Kante

MF Saúl Ñíguez

Backups Dendoncker, Manu Trigueros

RW  Federico Chiesa

LW Eden Hazard

Back ups, switch out Leon Bailey, Charly Musonda

Striker  Alvaro Morata

backups Giroud and Hudson-Odoi

IF Hazard leaves, and we also include Courtois in a mega deal with Real

then change

LW Asensio

Goalkeeper  one of the 3 I listed above as alternatives to

CB  Raphaël Varane (then remove Romagnoli from my buy list above)

MF  Casemiro instead of Dendoncker

so there you go, my dream team

cheers

PS

If/When Conte Leaves I REALLY want  DIEGO SIMEONE above anyone else, would settle for Joachim Löw or Massimiliano Allegri, hell no to Luis Enrique!

The only way u will see that line up his playing manager career mode on FIFA  :)

Icardi top 3 CFs in the world with Kane and Lewandowski? No Suarez? No Griezmann? Not even Higuain in about that mix either? 

Good dream but like 75% of those deals would never happen. Particularly the likes of Alaba, Varane, Saul, Milinkovic-Savic... Bayern wouldnt even entertain selling Alaba or Real Madrid wouldn't even consider selling Varane. Romagnoli probably not leave Milan anytime soon either, he is seen very much as their future. Saul signed like a 9 year contract at Atletico, think that says it all. We wouldn't pay whatever Lazio want for Milinkovic-Savic because they seen how much Pogba went for and they believe he can just be as good so yeah.. 

14 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Icardi top 3 CFs in the world with Kane and Lewandowski? No Suarez? No Griezmann? Not even Higuain in about that mix either? 

Good dream but like 75% of those deals would never happen. Particularly the likes of Alaba, Varane, Saul, Milinkovic-Savic... Bayern wouldnt even entertain selling Alaba or Real Madrid wouldn't even consider selling Varane. Romagnoli probably not leave Milan anytime soon either, he is seen very much as their future. Saul signed like a 9 year contract at Atletico, think that says it all. We wouldn't pay whatever Lazio want for Milinkovic-Savic because they seen how much Pogba went for and they believe he can just be as good so yeah.. 

A couple thoughts

1 It was/is my dream team moves, and I prefaced it being in a perfect world, which unfortunately (just hearing Morata may be lost for the year!!!!!, FOOOOOK) we do not exist in.

2. The one that I admit is the least likely is Alaba, as Bayern simply never sell top players no matter what the price. I just added him as I am so sick of the whole Alex Sandro saga, and I just wanted to put out my true, by far number one choice. He is the best fullback on the planet, IMHO

3 I already stated that Sergej Milinkovic-Savic was not going to happen because of price. I truly think he will go for around £120 million, probably to City or PSG.

4 Varane was only added as he is definitely in the mix for a Hazard and/or Courtois swap deal. Perez at Real doesn't rate him as much as he did 2 or so years ago, nor does Zidane. I have seen this for the last 6 months or so.

5 By far my number one choice of all centre backs in the world is Kalidou Koulibaly. I have seen so many games he has played. Absolute BEAST and I think we actually might finally be able to prise him away from Napoli.

5 You are probably right about Romagnoli, but again, he has regressed (in Milan's eyes) or at least not taken the giant leap forward they all thought, AND they will have to sell somebody to balance the books after that crazy spree. Again, Romagnoli was 2nd choice, and I would be more than happy with Varane (again only if he was involved with a swap) or someone like Stefan de Vrij, Konstantinos Manolas, Jonathan Tah, Milan Skriniar, or even one of 2 very young potential stars, Matthijs de Ligt or Dayot Upamecano. The key is Koulibaly, I SO want him at the Bridge.

6 As far as Saúl Ñíguez goes, yes, I know he signed a 9 year contract in July, BUT I also saw an interview after we beat them in the CL in Madrid where he said (when asked about the EPL) that maybe someday he goes, that it was the main foreign league he was interested in, and that Chelsea had made a £71m offer, and that had really made AM hurry up and offer the long term contract, as the money was tempting. I added £20m to that offer above. Finally, and another big reason, is that he also said that Diego Simeone as coach was a HUGE reason he wanted to stay at AM, soooooooooooo, lol, (as their has been some tension with Simeone and the AM board, especially over their blow out in the CL) I also wished for (at the very end of the OP) Diego to replace Conte. I know that is is a HUGE reach all around, but who knows. I guess I should have taken off a luxury signing ( say Dendoncker in MF) take that cash, and just said BUY Milinkovic-Savic (and he IS much better defensively than Saul), even if it takes £120m. I think he is that good,and by removing one of those luxury buys, the total money spent (as long as we sell all that deadweight I listed) the money spent nets out to a more than doable level.

7 (and lastly) Hell yes I rate Icardi that high. I would take him over Griezmann any day, certainly over Suarez (who will be 32 next season), and Gonzalo Higuaín is fat and will be 31, he could never stand up to a full EPL season at his fitness level and age, next year or FOR SURE the year after. Icardi is SO SO efficient, a deadly sniper, and is doing this all on a pretty dodgy offensive team (go look at Inter's roster in MF and wingers, it is surely not the equal of any of the top 10 teams in the world, not even close, probably not even in top 20). I would take Kane over him and if Lewandowski was 2 years younger (he will be 30 in August) would take him over Icardi too. Those are the only 2 I rate higher atm. That is the beauty of football, we all have our own ideas, lol.

Thanks for the reply, hope I fleshed out my crazy wishes a little better.

Vesper <3

Well, can’t tell who we should sign up but we definitely need to bring in one top quality CB to play alongside Andreas and we can finally ditch 5 at the back formation. A really quality CB Andreas can learn from so he can upgrade his game.

Another must have position is a top class midfielder who can run, assists and score goals from the inside and outside the box.

And finally, we need to upgrade Willian or Pedro or even both with younger players but top quality ones. With someone who is very fast, who can dribble, assists and score goals. 

From my point of view it’s a must to replace 3 players from our starting lineup with better players and switch to 4 at the back with potentially new arrivals. 

Yes, that is a dream of mine.

On 14/02/2018 at 8:27 PM, zekinjo said:

Well, can’t tell who we should sign up but we definitely need to bring in one top quality CB to play alongside Andreas and we can finally ditch 5 at the back formation. A really quality CB Andreas can learn from so he can upgrade his game.

Another must have position is a top class midfielder who can run, assists and score goals from the inside and outside the box.

And finally, we need to upgrade Willian or Pedro or even both with younger players but top quality ones. With someone who is very fast, who can dribble, assists and score goals. 

From my point of view it’s a must to replace 3 players from our starting lineup with better players and switch to 4 at the back with potentially new arrivals. 

Yes, that is a dream of mine.

We are close to being on the same page, I just went for a complete sell off and replace. the centre back I want is, as stated, Kalidou Koulibaly, he is unreal. I have wanted him for 2 plus years now.

As for the midfielder (we obviously will not be able to pull off my 1st and 2nd choices Saul Niguez or Sergej Milinkovic-Savic) I think Radja Nainggolan might be an option, although he turns 30 in a few months. He is also a 2,3 times fail-to-get Italian disaster transfer nightmare (along with Alex Sandro and Koulibaly). Those 3 were so damaging to us when we didn't get them as we waited for all 3 multiple times and ended up settling for players nowhere near the level of those three. Thiago from Bayern might be an option as they are bringing in another target I screamed for last year (Leon Goretzka, PLUS another they also bought ANOTHER MF player we should have also tried to buy last year, Corentin Tolisso)

For RW Chiesa or Malcom, either works for me.

• 3 months later...
On 09/02/2018 at 7:37 PM, Special Juan said:

Right now it maybe wise to smoke something watching us.:lol:

It really doesn't help I promise!

But it would make us a team to contend with. I'm sure we all have our hopes and dreams. But the higher we aim the more it hurts when we fall!