• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

We are never going to beat barcelona...Get off the dreamland..We are far away from their quality....Not the best game but still decent performance...Hopefully this performance gives us confidence and momentum....top 4 should be our priority

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm not being picky, you went on saying Arsenal have no chance in the top 4 if we lose both Manchester games. Which is not true, especially if you think Chelsea still has a chance with that gap.

Did I explicitly say we still have a chance of finishing in the top 4 if we lose to United and City? Was merely pointing out the potential situation. Besides, the main thing here is about us, not about Arsenal!

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

BIG possibility that after the next 2 league games, the top 4 fight could look something like this!

Man Utd - 62 pts
Liverpool - 60 pts
Spurs - 58 pts
Chelsea - 53 pts

Can't believe I'm saying this but getting out of Europe might be the best thing and need the other 3 to go as far as possible. Don't think Liverpool and Spurs, in particular, have the squad to cope with both competitions.

Beating Man United would make things easier. And it is not like Man United are like Man City. They are far from being ideal, just like us. That would be sweet, boosting our chances and confidence, while 'killing' Mourinho.

Just now, Mana said:

No you didn't....but might as well ask you now. Do you think Chelsea has a chance after losing both games?

Would say somewhere between 30-40%? Not having to play in Europe might be the difference maker in last few months.

Just now, milan.cech said:

Beating Man United would make things easier. And it is not like Man United are like Man City. That would be sweet, boosting our chances and confidence, while 'killing' Mourinho.

If it's at the Bridge, I would be confident of us beating United. But it's at Old Trafford and I don't trust this lot to go there and beat them, especially if we take a battering from Barcelona just few days before that.

Happy with the win, hope that was the beginning of a long winning streak.

Points to Ponder:

1)  Please never use Zappacosta as left back. He was so uncomfortable, would have preferred to see someone else

2) Our best defensive option is Azpi, Chtistensen and Rudiger. We were fairly comfortable at the back

3) Was happy to see Mosses doing well today

4) Still not sold on Pedro, seems very confused all the time. Willian is better option

Bring on Barca

If it's at the Bridge, I would be confident of us beating United. But it's at Old Trafford and I don't trust this lot to go there and beat them, especially if we take a battering from Barcelona just few days before that.
I'm hoping for a decent showing at home against a beatable Barcelona.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

BIG possibility that after the next 2 league games, the top 4 fight could look something like this!

Man Utd - 62 pts
Liverpool - 60 pts
Spurs - 58 pts
Chelsea - 53 pts

Can't believe I'm saying this but getting out of Europe might be the best thing and need the other 3 to go as far as possible. Don't think Liverpool and Spurs, in particular, have the squad to cope with both competitions.

Right on bud, I was pilloried for saying this a week ago.

Good response to poor results, the performance wasn't so important but the result was. I thought Christensen and Azpilicueta were excellent and Hazard was just a pure joy to watch.

Good debut for Giroud, held up really well on a number occasions, should of scored but got through a lot of dirty work.

Don't want to piss on our chips but if Sturridge had been on he would have buried that chance from Victor's mistake. I wouldn't have been 100% confident we would have come back from that. Noticeable that Courtois was hitting the ball long looking for Giroud which is fine by me especially when Cahill is playing.

12 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

we got no width at all on that all important left side with zappacosta on it.

Not sure what it looked on TV but from my view Zappa was so wide he was almost off the pitch when the ball was on the right..

He played well, should be 1st choice RWB for me

1 hour ago, gadget said:

Not sure what it looked on TV but from my view Zappa was so wide he was almost off the pitch when the ball was on the right..

He played well, should be 1st choice RWB for me

I also think he played well and is a good player, but as a right foot he naturally turns inwards and that slows our play and limits our space on the side which is why hazard scored both goals coming from the right. Pedro often had to stay wide on the left in order to create width.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

I can trust this lot who did it at Wembley vs Spurs and almost did it at Anfield and the Emirates.

You do know Barcelona has not been beaten all season in any competition so far right?
I know but they are a different side under Valverde. Failed to beat Getafe at home with a full strength squad.

23 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
4 hours ago, Mana said:
You do know Barcelona has not been beaten all season in any competition so far right?

I know but they are a different side under Valverde. Failed to beat Getafe at home with a full strength squad.

I'd like to add that in the 2008-09 season we were the only side to deny Barca from scoring at home in all competitions. I know there's a difference in quality between now and then but this fixture has been tight the last 3 times it happened.