Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

My favourite youngster at the club. He still has a lot to work on but he is lightyears agead of the others in that team. I think he is ready to be part of the squad next season and play a real role. Not just monthly flashes.

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

That goal is so like what martial would do I can see  why some people are saying Hudson-odoi has a similar style to martial 

Good to see the Arse defence replicating the first team :P

9 hours ago, the wes said:

That goal is so like what martial would do I can see  why some people are saying Hudson-odoi has a similar style to martial 

Kept his head well. They all played great.

6 hours ago, the wes said:

Hope we don't loan him out I would play in Europa league group stages 

OK but maybe in the long run it ould be best for him AND US too have a 2 year loan like AC/Mount. We dont want him sitting round thinking about playing every week and getting itchy feet do we.

Just have to make sure we get it into his head hes in our futire.

If we had done that with RLC/Happy they would maybe be in our 1st team by now. I know Happy is away mainly thru his injury but you get my point.

Benfica want to sign Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi after his stand out season for the Blues at reserve level.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-wonderkid-callum-hudson-odoi-14621610

according to this source Benfica wants to buy him not loan him out 

53 minutes ago, the wes said:

Benfica want to sign Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi after his stand out season for the Blues at reserve level.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-wonderkid-callum-hudson-odoi-14621610

according to this source Benfica wants to buy him not loan him out 

A link like that can turn a kids head.

We will have to be careful how we manage his next step.

Chelsea teenager Callum Hudson-Odoi is attracting attention from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus following a string of impressive performances in the club’s youth team, according to Goal.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/06/barcelona-real-madrid-juventus-monitoring-chelseas-top-teenage-prospect-7525051/?ito=cbshare

On 2/10/2018 at 0:45 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

The overhyping of this kid is unbelievable. We saw it with Bamford, Musonda, Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Abraham, etc. yet none have made it here as of yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hudson-Odoi doesn’t either.

Bamford I wrote off the first time I saw him play for one of our development sides.

When people moaned about Charly being dropped for some 'big' academy games, I posted in support of those decisions. When he was being praised to the hilt for his performances in Spain I was posting to say that in fact, barring one outstanding display, he was not playing well and would be dropped unless he improved.

Five years ago I posted (elsewhere) to say that Ruben was a terrific prospect but that he needed a kick up the backside so that he'd learn to get more involved in games and make an impact. He's always shown flashes of brilliance which excites us all but then he strolls around or makes blind runs so that his effective contribution is close to zero. I watched one England age group game where he touched the ball only three times in a twenty minute spell.  Maybe he has cured that now. We'll see.

Baker I never believed in and said so.

Abraham I said I like the way he makes the most of his attributes but that I didn't see him as a player who is good enough for the team we want Chelsea to be.

You may read this as me trying to boast about getting things right but in fact I'm trying to suggest that I'm not susceptible to hype. About Callum I confidently say he is a terrific player who will make it somewhere. Possibly here.

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Bamford I wrote off the first time I saw him play for one of our development sides.

When people moaned about Charly being dropped for some 'big' academy games, I posted in support of those decisions. When he was being praised to the hilt for his performances in Spain I was posting to say that in fact, barring one outstanding display, he was not playing well and would be dropped unless he improved.

Five years ago I posted (elsewhere) to say that Ruben was a terrific prospect but that he needed a kick up the backside so that he'd learn to get more involved in games and make an impact. Maybe he has learned that now. We'll see.

Baker I never believed in and said so.

Abraham I said I like the way he makes the most of his attributes but that I didn't see him as a player who is good enough for the team we want Chelsea to be.

You may read this as me trying to boast about getting things right but in fact I'm trying to suggest that I'm not susceptible to hype. About Callum I confidently say he is a terrific player who will make it somewhere. Possibly here.

What do you think about Mount?

• 4 weeks later...

With Lampard becoming manager at Derby and Jody Morris joining him as assistant manager, this may be a perfect loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi. Pretty sure Derby will line up 4-3-3 and with Morris managing Hudson-Odoi through his development stages and knowing how good he is, you would think this is a move that should happen and would be a brilliant loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi too. Maybe Mason Mount too. Lampard's and Morris appointment at Derby should hopefully see some of our exciting talents getting a loan opportunity there.

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

With Lampard becoming manager at Derby and Jody Morris joining him as assistant manager, this may be a perfect loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi. Pretty sure Derby will line up 4-3-3 and with Morris managing Hudson-Odoi through his development stages and knowing how good he is, you would think this is a move that should happen and would be a brilliant loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi too. Maybe Mason Mount too. Lampard's and Morris appointment at Derby should hopefully see some of our exciting talents getting a loan opportunity there.

Would much rather see SOME of them get that opportunity here tho.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

give Derby Charly Musonda Aswell 

21 hours ago, Stats said:

If it was Jody Morris in charge I'd say there would be pretty good chance of that happening but Lampard will have his own ideas, want to stamp his authority on the squad. Don't think Frank will be as interested about tapping into the Chelsea reserves as much as Jody Morris would have been who worked hand in hand with these players for a good period of time. Can only hope but don't count on it. 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, OneMoSalah said:

If it was Jody Morris in charge I'd say there would be pretty good chance of that happening but Lampard will have his own ideas, want to stamp his authority on the squad. Don't think Frank will be as interested about tapping into the Chelsea reserves as much as Jody Morris would have been who worked hand in hand with these players for a good period of time. Can only hope but don't count on it. 

He will wants to have his own ideas however I am sure him choosing Morris as an assistant will mean he will take a lot of ideas from Morris. Especially as he has had so much success with the youth players. A lot fans would want to see Hudson-Odoi with the first team and so would I but if he goes to a Championship team that can develop him well, would not be a bad loan. Mount looks very probably as although he has a brilliant season with Vitesse, I still think he will go out on loan due to the amount of CM we have.