Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

There will be even more clamour for him to play more regularly now but hopefully sane minds will realise that his development this season has been very good and to be called up to the England side a couple of months after your 18th birthday having been playing for a top 6 club is very good going. 

With hazard almost certainly out the door in the summer the opportunity is there for CHO to replace him and cement a first choice place. 

Its not premature IMO. 

Obviously CHO isnt great player yet, but he has massive massive potential. And Southgate is giving proper faith in him. 

Sancho and CHO are two young english players who have shown most this season along with TAA who established himself last season already. 

Dont know what you lot are on about, all other fans see these young players deserve it with no ifs and buts. Here every second post casts doubts and complaints.

CHO is huge talent and in order to develop he needs playtime and trust from coaches. 

This bs that he isnt ready yet and everything coming too soon is nonsense. If you have the talent, you have to be thrown in the fire from the start to prove if you can handle it.

I agree he should never be paid whatever he is/will be at 18, money turns focus away, but the nt call is deserved. Its a reward for good work from Southgate. And its also not that big of a deal, since Southgate throws couple kids in almost every team selection, it would be almost surprising if he didnt include CHO soon.

Pleased to see him get the call up, but I see it as an insurance policy more than anything - https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/senior-england-call-leaves-ghanas-hudson-odoi-pursuit-in/eqzh5fqfyan61nmxm4z3rfq3m

They dont want a repeat of the Zaha saga.

5 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm sick of people saying "He's not READDDEEEHHH!" to cover Sarri's ass.

How the feck is he ever going to be ready when he gets no to little experience? Use your head! Less than 100 minutes of PL football is very little experience!

He's definitely ready to play more games and make a bigger impact, but I do think Sarri for the most part has used him the right way this season so far. It's important for him to keep getting opportunities moving forward and the first Premier League start should also be due now, but there are a lot of positives for his development so far for a lad who has only just turned 18 a couple of months ago.

He should have been used more earlier in the season in the Europa League and League Cup games. I think not being given opportunities in those is a big reason for the drama in January over wanting to leave over lack of game time. 

The league minutes doesn't look great, but his overall game time recently has been pretty good. The league is always going to be the final step, now he's cut his teeth in the other competitions. I think the Everton game did say something about his role because it's easy to say let's chuck him in when we're 2-0 down, but Everton aren't a great team and only the week before were 2-0 ahead before losing. Getting a goal with another 10-15 minutes to go could have easily changed the complexion and momentum of the game and the far easier option for Sarri would have been to put Willian on but he put CHO on instead.

Sarri needs to keep giving him games and I wouldn't be impressed if he isn't trusted in the Europa League games and doesn't start a couple of the Premier League games before the end of the season, as well as being involved in some way in the majority of them. But with the hope of the football he will still play until the end of the season, I think his development and game time can be looked at overall as a positive this season and puts him in real good stead to force himself as first choice next season if, as expected, Hazard leaves. That opportunity next season is potentially huge with us banned from buying players.

And this is far from a support post for Sarri as I'm fed up and bewildered at a lot of his tactics and behaviour and believe it would be for the best to part ways.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

My post isn't for you because what you said here is fine.

It's to others that bash CHO saying he isn't good enough to start and trust Sarri's judgement of keeping him benched. 

Which part don't you understand he is gone in the summer or you still believe in miracles. The twat gave in a transfer request he ain't gonna change his mind for anything.

24 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Which part don't you understand he is gone in the summer or you still believe in miracles. The twat gave in a transfer request he ain't gonna change his mind for anything.

Completely depends on the reasons behind the request.

If the transfer request is purely on the basis that he's adamant he wants to move specifically to Bayern Munich because that's where he sees his future then agree it will be difficult to convince him otherwise.

But I think his request is down to forcing the issue with game time. You only have to look at his social media posts, interviews, etc to see he loves the club and enjoys playing for the club that he's been at his entire youth career. Being a main player for Chelsea I think is the first choice for him but playing football is main priority.

Before the transfer request he hadn't been used enough by Sarri in the first half of the season. He should have been given games in the Europa and League Cups as well as the odd sub appearance in the league. However since December his game time has increased significantly and he is in the process of establishing himself within this squad.

If Hazard leaves in the summer and the club go all in with him to take his place, ban or no ban, then I believe he would be happy to sign a new contract and stay here. It's all about opportunities to play and develop for him.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Completely depends on the reasons behind the request.

If the transfer request is purely on the basis that he's adamant he wants to move specifically to Bayern Munich because that's where he sees his future then agree it will be difficult to convince him otherwise.

But I think his request is down to forcing the issue with game time. You only have to look at his social media posts, interviews, etc to see he loves the club and enjoys playing for the club that he's been at his entire youth career. Being a main player for Chelsea I think is the first choice for him but playing football is main priority.

Before the transfer request he hadn't been used enough by Sarri in the first half of the season. He should have been given games in the Europa and League Cups as well as the odd sub appearance in the league. However since December his game time has increased significantly and he is in the process of establishing himself within this squad.

If Hazard leaves in the summer and the club go all in with him to take his place, ban or no ban, then I believe he would be happy to sign a new contract and stay here. It's all about opportunities to play and develop for him.

If it's all game time motivated for Callum, then his England call up would have worked in our favour.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

If it's all game time motivated for Callum, then his England call up would have worked in our favour.

I think it will, and hopefully also works the other way where it pushes Sarri/the club to continue using him more too.

Its clear he likes Chelsea. 

But I wonder if thats enough for him to stay. The club is a mess and we still dont trust youth anymore than we did before. 

We are factory and money seems to be priority for a while now. Not a good place for developing any kind of talent.

In that season when United was quite bad under Van Gaal, he at least played Rashford to ignite his start of career. 

We still cant do the obvious. Cup games in situation like this arent enough. Its not like we are winning every game with our "experienced" 11 anyway, are we?