test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,094 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Robchels said:

I could not care less about sarri myself, but what's in for him? How does Odoi's being so "promising" help him right now? What does he get by developing Odoi? that's the root problem with the club, not this particular manager.

Have a feeling sarri is not really working "long term" at the moment. ;) 

This is exactly it, CHO may be the option with the greater rewards but he will still be viewed as the riskier option to the experience of Pedro and Willian.

I've actually backed Sarri over his use and development of CHO, although I do think he should have given him a start or two by now in the Premier League. It is getting to the point now however where Sarri could gain some major and much needed credit with CHO. The fans are desperate to see him play as an academy star and also because nobody wants to see him leave, and with the fans becoming more disillusioned with the team and performances each and every week, I think his inclusion would lift the club as a whole and get the fans on side more, which in turn would buy Sarri more time which he is running out of at present.

Either way though this will come to a head in the summer. The board have to 'prove' to CHO their backing and faith in him and the way in which they can do this is letting Hazard (possibly Willian) leave without replacing them with a star signing and instead making CHO their direct replacement. 

Certainly in Hazard's case, I see CHO as the only viable replacement that fans will give time and patience to. Any big signing to replace Hazard would be expected to hit the ground running and directly compared to Hazard throughout their career here and unless we got ridiculously lucky, it'll lead to a "no-win" situation for club and player.

9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

This is exactly it, CHO may be the option with the greater rewards but he will still be viewed as the riskier option to the experience of Pedro and Willian.

I've actually backed Sarri over his use and development of CHO, although I do think he should have given him a start or two by now in the Premier League. It is getting to the point now however where Sarri could gain some major and much needed credit with CHO. The fans are desperate to see him play as an academy star and also because nobody wants to see him leave, and with the fans becoming more disillusioned with the team and performances each and every week, I think his inclusion would lift the club as a whole and get the fans on side more, which in turn would buy Sarri more time which he is running out of at present.

Either way though this will come to a head in the summer. The board have to 'prove' to CHO their backing and faith in him and the way in which they can do this is letting Hazard (possibly Willian) leave without replacing them with a star signing and instead making CHO their direct replacement. 

Certainly in Hazard's case, I see CHO as the only viable replacement that fans will give time and patience to. Any big signing to replace Hazard would be expected to hit the ground running and directly compared to Hazard throughout their career here and unless we got ridiculously lucky, it'll lead to a "no-win" situation for club and player.

Not sure credit with the fans will help sarri much. Reckon only results would appease the trigger-happy owner.

Yes that’s the situation we are in... it made no sense to me that Odoi would have been out in the showroom with not enough time left on his contract... that’s very weird and suggests someone fucked up big time.

now it is a bad situation for the club, having to convince him to stay. Odoi’s agent, and himself must be loving it... auction is On!

19 hours ago, Robchels said:

I could not care less about sarri myself, but what's in for him? How does Odoi's being so "promising" help him right now? What does he get by developing Odoi? that's the root problem with the club, not this particular manager.

I agree,...he doesn't seem like he is concerned about long term atm.

Right now Sarri seems to be mostly about Sarri. And seeking retribution from the press for criticizing his tactics and selection.

21 hours ago, Robchels said:

Can't blame him, no Chelsea boss have completed 3 seasons in a row in 20 years :D I wouldn't apply for a permanent residency either.

Robchels likes this

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Can't blame him, no Chelsea boss have completed 3 seasons in a row in 20 years :D I wouldn't apply for a permanent residency either.

yeah :) I have a feeling a 3-year tenure plus a package would've been the goal.  ;) can't see that happening now tho.

It seems that most people are focused on having a dig at Sarri for CHO playing for England but let's look at the other perspective. This is a massive moment for the club either way. We have the youngest English international to play a competitive game. Let's celebrate and hope everything just goes up for him from here.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

It seems that most people are focused on having a dig at Sarri for CHO playing for England but let's look at the other perspective. This is a massive moment for the club either way. We have the youngest English international to play a competitive game. Let's celebrate and hope everything just goes up for him from here.

This only makes it worse when he leaves for Bayern in the summer.

Lol, any other club gets a recently turned 18 year old in the England squad they would forever be used as an example of how we should be doing things, I can only imagine the City/Pep wankfest and club bashing on here had Foden got called up before CHO.

Should he have played more? Yes, but ultimately he's made 20 ish appearances for us including a semi at Wembley and a cup final, and he's been called up on the back of it.

Fernando likes this

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Lol, any other club gets a recently turned 18 year old in the England squad they would forever be used as an example of how we should be doing things, I can only imagine the City/Pep wankfest and club bashing on here had Foden got called up before CHO.

Should he have played more? Yes, but ultimately he's made 20 appearances for us including a semi at Wembley and a cup final, and he's been called up on the back of it.

Yeah and if he stays he will have more time this summer since Hazard is leaving. 

Tomo likes this

Unless we massively improve the midfield and fullbacks, it does not leave me enthusiastic about the possibility of CHO and Pulisic being our starting wingers next season. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Unless we massively improve the midfield and fullbacks, it does not leave me enthusiastic about the possibility of CHO and Pulisic being our starting wingers next season. 

Assuming there's no movement on our ban, it's either that or Willian and Pedro as our starting wingers.

There will be some inconsistency naturally from two young players but with the right tactics there is a lot of potential having two very pacy, tricky and raw wingers.

CHO in particular I do think could become a world beater in time. 

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Assuming there's no movement on our ban, it's either that or Willian and Pedro as our starting wingers.

There will be some inconsistency naturally from two young players but with the right tactics there is a lot of potential having two very pacy, tricky and raw wingers.

Unlike Pulisic, CHO seems pretty good in the final 3rd so with a firing striker it might work.

11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Willian has no right playing for a top club in any league IMO. Pedro is over the hill. 

I may actually suffer from chronic depression if I wake up one morning reading they were offered contract extensions.. Sad nightmare that may become a reality. 

15 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I wouldn't actually be against CHO and Willian starting together, they seem to have good chemistry with eachother on and off the pitch and seem to bring the best out of eachother (all be it against poor opposition dus far).

Superblue_1986 likes this

1 hour ago, NiclasCFC said:

This only makes it worse when he leaves for Bayern in the summer.

I wouldn't say that is nailed on. If Hazard leaves, the board will probably keep CHO for the season, if he still has not signed a new contract imo and if we are frozen from buying players in summer, don't reckon we will sell him also. Also right now as it stands he is a Chelsea player and that is something we should all be proud of, that he has been fast-tracked into the England team and now he is starting.

Our board are thick, but they aren't thick enough to not see CHO's potential. The interest of Bayern and other clubs. International Debut. Performances and fans excitement when they see him. They know how valuable he is. 

I'm actually slightly optimistic about him staying, along with him signing a new contract. Improved contract and more 1st team chances could have him stay. 

I completely blame sarri on this one, simply because tactically there were games in which Odoi would have offered way more than Pedro or William, nevermind the age.

Breaking defences 1 on 1, accurate crossing and creating finishing chances are skills that Odoi has that would definitely help in games like Everton and wolves, where we don't have much space.

Not saying that Cho should start all games from now on, but sarri lack of technicality in the team selection doesn't just hurt Odoi but also our results.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

killer1257, Alabama and 11Drogba like this