Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

At this point I'm not even bothered if he leaves. But it will look incredibly bad for the club to lose our most promising and talented youth player and then possibly our best senior player in Hazard within 6 months.

The most disappointing thing is that he's been at the club since he was 8 and seems like he has zero patience & intention to fight for a place in the team despite being here for so long. He should've started in all of the EL games he was fit for, but honestly would that have made much of a difference? Think his people have been in his ear for while. Shame to see.

“He’s ready” 

Remember for the majority of this season, CHO wasn’t even called up in the 18-man squad for matches.

CHO wants to play. He only played like 10 minutes in the last 4 Chelsea matches.

It’s not good enough from Sarri. He doesn’t like CHO and prefers Willian.

That is why I do not blame CHO for what he’s doing. He wants to play, not be a benchwarmer for Willian.

And deluded people here saying Bayern is going to do the same thing benching him. Even though they are breaking their transfer record with this guy.

Sarri said multiple times that he was lacking on the tactical front. 

I have no qualms about him wanting to move but rather the manner in which he's forcing things midseason. He ain't starting for Bayern against Liverpool, so wait till the summer and he can take the place he's lined up for.

...and Willian doesn’t lack any?
Maybe for the 1st leg, he won’t. It all depends how fast he gets integrated with the team. But nonetheless, he is going to play more minutes with Bayern, then with bloody Sarri.
And that’s what he wants.
All presumptions right now. Bayern are buying potential & CHO HOPES to replicate Sancho.

The grass isn't always greener

Bayern are breaking the bank. CHO will definitely be playing more minutes. Even if CHO turns out to be shite in the end. Look what we did with our failed players like Torres, Morata and co.

He is cheaper than most options on the market, so fee has little relevance in the discussion.  

Anyway, time will tell

41 minutes ago, Mana said:

Did United fans say Good Riddance to Marital when Marital was rejecting an extension?

But Martial didn't put in a transfer request ? Let him go there's a cracking talent called Nicolas Pépé who dreams of playing for Chelsea sign him and get rid off a player who doesn't want to be here 

33 minutes ago, Mana said:

“He’s ready”

Remember for the majority of this season, CHO wasn’t even called up in the 18-man squad for matches.

CHO wants to play. He only played like 10 minutes in the last 4 Chelsea matches.

It’s not good enough from Sarri. He doesn’t like CHO and prefers Willian.

That is why I do not blame CHO for what he’s doing. He wants to play, not be a benchwarmer for Willian.

And deluded people here saying Bayern is going to do the same thing benching him. Even though they are breaking their transfer record with this guy.

Ribery, Robben, Coman, Gnabry, even James and Thomas Muller can all play in those wide positions.

James didnt even get a start most weeks in any of those 3 attacking positions behind the CF at the start of the season. They are breaking the bank because the markets inflated and we rate Callum very highly, much higher than what City rated Sancho only selling him for 7m obviously, or they didnt expect him to do so well so fast. 

If CHO isnt willing to wait to the summer to try break ahead of Pedro and Willian, why move to Bayern in January to be stuck behind at least 4 much more senior players (Ribery, Robbem, Coman, Gnabry - all good in their own regard and better than Callum for sure) as well as their new signing Davies who arrived from the MLS. Throw in Muller and James who can operate on both sides too if needed if there was say a massive injury crisis. Going now makes no sense, in the summer makes more sense because Ribery and Robben both probably wont be there. 

Even then if he goes now or in the summer, he wont go to Bayern and start instantly every week,l because regardless of how stupid this club can be, if your good enough to start for Bayern Munich, youd simply be starting here. 

It does have relevance. I’ll say this again: THEY ARE BREAKING THE BANK. This is not an ordinary transfer for them. They want CHO badly that they are willing to do this.

He's the cheapest option on the market for their needs. Barca just spent €75m+ for a 19 year old and Bayern don't work that way.

The move makes logical sense for them. They aren't going to match it with the big boys, so this is the next best thing. Quite straightforward

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

It does have relevance. I’ll say this again: THEY ARE BREAKING THE BANK. This is not an ordinary transfer for them. They want CHO badly that they are willing to do this.

The ONLY reason why it didn’t go that far because Mourinho didn’t make it til January. But he was clearly upset with Mourinho and wanted to go by rejecting the contract extension.

What's a point keeping a player who's put in a transfer request let him go he's doesn't want to be here 

20 minutes ago, Mana said:

Ribery and Robben are old players. They are on their last legs. I’ll get to James below and Muller himself isn’t doing good lately.

When James arrived, Ribery and Robben were at their prime. Now they are not. That’s the difference.

But they are still willing to break the bank and take CHO off us. If Bayern didn’t rate CHO that high, they wouldn’t have bothered. City don’t need Sancho and City didn’t bother putting up a fight to keep him.

Gnabry? That Arsenal reject? Please. CHO will be playing ahead of that guy. Coman, never heard of him until you mentioned him...probably a good reason.

Sarri isn’t going to play CHO anymore, unless Willian and Pedro BOTH get an injury. It’s clear what Sarri is doing. CHO just wants to play more games and it looks like Bayern are promising him that. If he continues to grow in Bayern, he will be one of their key players to come. We all see the potential of this guy.

Theres on their last legs but have been 2 of Bayerns better players this season... as they have been for years... while being in there 30s... James arrived like a year ago in the summer when Ancelotti was there. They are hardly that much older now 😂

Gnabry the Arsenal reject, who Bayern tapped up and signed him off Werder 6 months after they bpught him off Arsenal on the cheap as they wouldnt sell to Bayern directly. Arsenal reject yes but just like Salah and de Bruyne the Chelsea rejects? Dont be so arrogant to assume CHO is better just because their willing to smash their transfer record for him. Gnabry is a German international, who was excellent at Hoffeinheim last season scoring 10 goals in 22 gamss. Theres no doubting CHOs potential yes but hed effectively be 4th or 5th choice to start with. 

Never heard of Kingsley Coman? Won league titles with PSG, Juventus and Bayern before age of 21. Has fallen off the wagon a bit since Pep left Bayern but the talent there is frightening and there is glimpses every now and then. Was considered one of the best young players not long ago before Mbappe burst on the scene and still plenty time to show it. Fully fit his pace is a real asset.

Likes of Muller etc have struggled but Bayern have struggled as a whole this season. When Bayern play well Muller is always in about scoring or making goals. For such a rounded but hardly outstanding player he has had a huge impact at club and country level.

Sarri not playing CHO every week isnt an issue for me, I doubted hed start every week but most games I expected to see him get 25-30 mis or so off the bench, particularly if we needed to get back into a game. Again a January move to Bayern seems odd. Summer yes 100% makes more sense but January mot so much. Leipzig would be better for him at this moment in time. Dortmund wouldnt even be a good move at the moment for CHO.

14 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

I hope we don't see him back in years to come at a rival club. 

It didn't make sense to say he needs game experience and then not play him. If he sees future elsewhere then that's his choice. Just seemed like had so much wasted potential. 

he did get his minutes tho and will get them tomorrow too i guess.

he really is one impatient little rat. I think he good decent enough playing time so far and will get more and more. But for 35m which is 20m plus add-ons we should rather let him rot. Either bayern forks in 40m+ or he can kiss his career goodbye.

and i doubt we will see him at a rival club. Bayern don't sell and if they do only after they have made sure the player is washed up. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ribery, Robben, Coman, Gnabry, even James and Thomas Muller can all play in those wide positions.

James didnt even get a start most weeks in any of those 3 attacking positions behind the CF at the start of the season. They are breaking the bank because the markets inflated and we rate Callum very highly, much higher than what City rated Sancho only selling him for 7m obviously, or they didnt expect him to do so well so fast. 

If CHO isnt willing to wait to the summer to try break ahead of Pedro and Willian, why move to Bayern in January to be stuck behind at least 4 much more senior players (Ribery, Robbem, Coman, Gnabry - all good in their own regard and better than Callum for sure) as well as their new signing Davies who arrived from the MLS. Throw in Muller and James who can operate on both sides too if needed if there was say a massive injury crisis. Going now makes no sense, in the summer makes more sense because Ribery and Robben both probably wont be there. 

Even then if he goes now or in the summer, he wont go to Bayern and start instantly every week,l because regardless of how stupid this club can be, if your good enough to start for Bayern Munich, youd simply be starting here. 

Ribery, Robben, and James are all gone this summer, (we should have a stab! trade CHO for James via paying James £39.5m buy option from Real, which they have said they will NOT do already) so he would be served best waiting till then.

He will end up playing his less-favoured RW is my prediction, as they will have ZERO true RWers

Thomas Müller, as you said, could play there, but it is not his strength