test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

1,937 posts in this topic

So Bayern are willing to pay him equal and more than Kimnich, Sule, Tolisso!!

Lets hope it pisses Kimnich and Sule off enough they might want to come here.

kc_blue likes this

On 1/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, kc_blue said:

I get this feeling but let's be honest, CHO needs to man up and realize he's not going to just be handed a starting spot.  He's going to have to compete and show he's the best option.  And that's how it'll be wherever he goes.  And that's how it'll be for as long as he plays.  He just turned 18 and he's getting time in the first team.  I don't think he should be expecting a lot more then he's had so far.  Personally I would have played him more but I understand not wanting to rush him.  Everyone just needs a little more patience.

The issue is struggling players like Willian is playing ahead of him games in and games out. That is why he is every right to be upset and demand more playing time, knowing you are superior to the player ahead of you and deserve more playing time only leads to contempt and discouragement at the club. 

26 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

The issue is struggling players like Willian is playing ahead of him games in and games out. That is why he is every right to be upset and demand more playing time, knowing you are superior to the player ahead of you and deserve more playing time only leads to contempt and discouragement at the club. 

I agree with you.  But I also go back to the more patience thing.  He will get ahead of Willian at some point.  Should he be ahead of him already?  From my post at my computer I would say yes but Sarri has a lot of issues to factor in, highest profile job, board with a reputation for little patience, veteran players who from the outside appear to have turned on their previous manager, and he needs to get the blend just right.  I can understand why people are frustrated with him not changing things faster but I also definitely understand why he's been pretty cautious with it.  

I honestly think a lot of the playing time issue has been over magnifies and blown out of proportion.  I think CHO probably wants playing time and to be integrated and made to feel he has a path into the first team which is what's been happening but I also feel he's looking for a nice pay packet on this new contract.  I doubt he's calling to be a starter right now.  

Robchels and Sideshow Luiz like this

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

Waiting for people to come and start saying he is not patient enough...

He’s not patient enough and I am disappointed he’s is allegedly forcing his exit.

you asked. ;)

Unionjack likes this

6 minutes ago, Robchels said:

He’s not patient enough and I am disappointed he’s is allegedly forcing his exit.

you asked. ;)

I would rather he is impatient than watching the piss poor willian serving the entire team every week..

Dazzy_Vance likes this

How could you sit and watch Willian serve up shit every week and be content? I’d f*** off too

36 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

I would rather he is impatient than watching the piss poor willian serving the entire team every week..

Why is he the owner now, or even the manager? Does he get to choose which should start? Better yet, has he done more than Willian in football?

If the answer is NO to all the above, perhaps yeah he should be patient especially when the club is promising him minutes and higher wages?

He may even learn a thing or two from Willian... <gasp> like not give up the football when the team is building an attack? ;) 

He looks really good on the ball and has that youth restlessness which all fans love, but he needs time to start influencing games the way we want him to. It's not going to happen overnight.

Unionjack likes this

Just now, Robchels said:

Why is he the owner now, or even the manager? Does he get to choose which should start? Better yet, has he done more than Willian in football?

If the answer is NO to all the above, perhaps yeah he should be patient especially when the club is promising him minutes and higher wages?

He may even learn a thing or two from Willian... <gasp> like not give up the football when the team is building an attack? ;) 

He looks really good on the ball and has that youth restlessness which all fans love, but he needs time to start influencing games the way we want him to. It's not going to happen overnight.

Yes I do agree with some of your stated points...but the fact is willian is abysmally terrible...the fact that Sarri keeps persisting with him and other shit players in the squad sums up the reason we are gradually sliding down the league table...willian is SHIT....

Unionjack likes this

12 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Yes I do agree with some of your stated points...but the fact is willian is abysmally terrible...the fact that Sarri keeps persisting with him and other shit players in the squad sums up the reason we are gradually sliding down the league table...willian is SHIT....

Yeah I don't agree that Willian is shit. I think he is not great, but not shit. Thought he was a lot better than Eden against Arsenal for example. And a hell lot better than Pedro who had a shocker.

My fear is that folks here are expecting way too much from a 18yo regardless how talented he might be. A misjudgment here can actually hinder his development.

When things are not great, you play the senior players who are used to occasional slumps. Players you can rely on (key words). Yes, you should definitely try the youngsters to see if they can contribute here and there, but do not rely on them.

The next manager will start the same players... the same way the manager before did. Because they are the best players the manager can rely on. At some point, if CHO impresses he will get more and more minutes. It's the natural progression and it has happened the same like a 1000x before.

Perhaps folks here are too young to have followed many youngster's careers, but as a gremio supporter, I've seen quite a few of "the next" ronaldinhos. The last one happened to like Cheeseburgers a bit too much... (somewhere in Manchester). ;) They all fail (the ones who do... majority actually) in a myriad of different ways.

Now because Bayern is in the mix we will have to put him on higher wages. Yes, money is a big part of being a "professional" footballer.

19 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Yeah I don't agree that Willian is shit. I think he is not great, but not shit. Thought he was a lot better than Eden against Arsenal for example. And a hell lot better than Pedro who had a shocker.

My fear is that folks here are expecting way too much from a 18yo regardless how talented he might be. A misjudgment here can actually hinder his development.

When things are not great, you play the senior players who are used to occasional slumps. Players you can rely one (key words). Yes, you should definitely try the youngsters to see if they can contribute here and there, but do not rely on them.

The next manager will start the same players... the same way the manager before did. Because they are the best players the manager can rely on. At some point, if CHO impresses he will get more and more minutes. It's the natural progression and it has happened the same like a 1000x before.

Perhaps folks here are too young to have followed many youngster's careers, but as a gremio supporter, I've seen quite a few of "the next" ronaldinhos. The last one happened to like Cheeseburgers a bit too much... (somewhere in Manchester). ;) They all fail (the ones who do... majority actually) in a myriad of different ways.

Now because Bayern is in the mix we will have to put him on higher wages. Yes, money is a big part of being a "professional" footballer.

If you don't agree willian is shit...it doesn't dissuade the fact that he is Shit...

Bosnian Blue likes this

Just now, eemanyooel said:

If you don't agree willian is shit...it doesn't dissuade the fact that he is Shit...

The only fact here is that your claim, that he is shit, is a mere opinion, but never a fact.

And I thought only my president had a problem with that... :) 

2 hours ago, Robchels said:

you asked. ;)

Doctor had patients, Chelsea young player should not have patience.

Chelsea Manager is precarious, Sarri cannot predict how long he can stay in Chelsea as manager.

How does Sarri and the club give any promise for his playing time?

11 hours ago, wilander said:

Doctor had patients, Chelsea young player should not have patience.

Chelsea Manager is precarious, Sarri cannot predict how long he can stay in Chelsea as manager.

How does Sarri and the club give any promise for his playing time?

Fair point.

Probably something CHO and his agent (and family) are considering.

Cho can choose to be more patient, or show more patience, like you seem to prefer tho. It’s his choice.

On 19/01/2019 at 5:00 AM, Unionjack said:

So Bayern are willing to pay him equal and more than Kimnich, Sule, Tolisso!!

Lets hope it pisses Kimnich and Sule off enough they might want to come here.

I see Tolisso's name I twitch in rage at the board:rant:

Unionjack likes this