Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

4 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

All this misses the really big point.  Callum is homegrown and been with the club for over 10 years.  Thorgan doesn't replace this.  CHO breaking into the first team helps instill confidence in our academy players that it is possible to make it into the first team.  

Do you acknowledge that Thorgan is also your academy player?

2 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

This is based on years and years of transfers, in the last few years it is not the same. We spent 56m on Pulisic, the bar has been set.

Pulisic is expensive not only because of his skill but also because he has unparalleled marketing potential. If he ever becomes a top, top, top player, he'll be worth his weight in diamonds.

33 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Serious question: why should it matter if your owner is broke, a millionaire or the richest man of all time? Aren't there still FFP rules you're required to abide with? AFAIK it's not like the owner can say "oh, £35m is nothing, here's £500m for the transfer kitty from my own personal funds".

Because it's a lot more than just £35m for us FFP or not.

Firstly, the chances of us getting someone that much better than him with that money in this climate is slim let alone someone who is currently or could eclipse the potential he has got. Secondly he is our homegrown boy and someone who is seen as the next generation at this club, whether the club successfully put this into practice is a totally different matter but the idea going forward is to have James, Ampadu, Mount, RLC, CHO and potentially Sterling, Abraham and Gilmour forming our British HG base, Hudson is the star in the jewell, the others have the potential to be top players, especially Ampadu, but Callum is the one out of them lot that would have the "it" factor.

If he's got his heart set on joining Bayern with no scope to change his mind then ultimately there is nothing we will be able to do, but make no mistake we won't roll over and will be doing everything in our power to keep him.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Because it's a lot more than just £35m for us FFP or not.

Firstly, the chances of us getting someone that much better than him with that money in this climate is slim let alone someone who is currently or could eclipse the potential he has got. Secondly he is our homegrown boy and someone who is seen as the next generation at this club, whether the club successfully put this into practice is a totally different matter but the idea going forward is to have James, Ampadu, Mount, CHO and potential Sterling, Gilmour forming our British HG base, Hudson is the star in the jewell, the others have the potential to be top players, especially Ampadu, but Callum is the one out of them lot that would have the "it" factor.

If he's got his heart set on joining Bayern with no scope to change his mind then ultimately there is nothing we will be able to do, but make no mistake we won't roll over and will be doing everything in our power to keep him.

With £35m there are maybe 3 Bundesliga wingers you wouldn't afford to buy (providing the club is ready to sell). Just sayin'. In fact, if Bayern would want to sell any of their current wingers, I bet they wouldn't ask for as much as £35m for any of them :)

Pretty sure you can sign players like Julian Brandt, Thorgan Hazard, Leon Bailey, Emil Forsberg or Reiss Nelson for that money or whereabouts.

Heck, as of today (quote by Salihamidzic) our board is not sure whether or not to spend £37.15m to trigger James Rodriguez's clause and sign him permanently and we will monitor his progress until the end of the season before taking a decision. The same board that has ACTUALLY BID £35m for CHO.

20 minutes ago, MUTU said:

With £35m there are maybe 3 Bundesliga wingers you wouldn't afford to buy (providing the club is ready to sell). Just sayin'. In fact, if Bayern would want to sell any of their current wingers, I bet they wouldn't ask for as much as £35m for any of them :)

Pretty sure you can sign players like Julian Brandt, Thorgan Hazard, Leon Bailey, Emil Forsberg or Reiss Nelson for that money or whereabouts.

Heck, as of today (quote by Salihamidzic) our board is not sure whether or not to spend £37.15m to trigger James Rodriguez's clause and sign him permanently and we will monitor his progress until the end of the season before taking a decision. The same board that has ACTUALLY BID £35m for CHO.

But none of these players give us what Callum does. Why are you not trying too sign them if they are so good.

There is 1 player there that could come close to replacing him, Thorgan, but he’s much older, already been here and didn’t do much.. it’s  hardly something we should be desperate to make happen .

44 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Because it was said that £35m is nothing. £35m is a lot of money. I'm sure you can buy the majority of Bayern senior squad players in return, for that kind of money.

That amount of money won't buy you starting quality replacement? Let's see...

Kingsley Coman cost us £25.2m (I'm including money we paid to loan him in)

Serge Gnabry cost us £6.3m (I'm excluding money we were paid for to loan him out)

Alphonso Davies cost us £9m

Total: £40.5m

Basically, given that Ribery and Robben are moving at the end of the season, Bayern are bidding almost as much money for CHO as they spent on the rest of their wingers altogether.

What I think you really need are good scouts to get players at decent prices. Well, or get a Drinkwater for that price. Your choice.

With a proper DOF to go with them and a system in place where theres conversations and a meeting of minds before players are bought and sold.

6 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

But none of these players give us what Callum does. Why are you not trying too sign them if they are so good.

There is 1 player there that could come close to replacing him, Thorgan, but he’s much older, already been here and didn’t do much.. it’s  hardly something we should be desperate to make happen .

We're not trying to sign them because we don't want to weaken the opposition:cig::D:P

Really, the reason is that we're rebuilding and want to build for the future not for now. We want to build wings that are set for over a decade.

1 minute ago, MUTU said:

We're not trying to sign them because we don't want to weaken the opposition:cig::D:P

Really, the reason is that we're rebuilding and want to build for the future not for now. We want to build wings that are set for over a decade.

Why can't we want the same thing with our own player?

1 minute ago, dreamcfc said:

Really, How so?

Refer to all newspaper reports. You can choose to not believe them, sure, however it seems pretty clear he wants to move because he doesn't feel he'll get enough playing time at Chelsea as opposed to Bayern.

Just now, MUTU said:

Refer to all newspaper reports. You can choose to not believe them, sure, however it seems pretty clear he wants to move because he doesn't feel he'll get enough playing time at Chelsea as opposed to Bayern.

All the newspaper reports that have gone quiet, the only thing keeping this alive right now is that your club keep coming out in public saying they want him which unfortunately doesn't work when your dealing with another big club who can offer him the same.

Newspapers are also reporting recently that he denied reports he wants to leave etc, so yea, you can choose to believe whatever you want.

3 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

So MAYBE, you have done us a favour, thank you :)

If by "us" you mean CHO, who's the only one who seems to have gained something, then yes. However, I'm pretty sure that CHO is wondering that if the window closes before he has a chance to move to Bayern, would he be getting the playing time he was getting before Bayern's interest or after Bayern's interest? At least, if I was CHO, that'd be what would keep me awake at night. The difference is quite notable, I'm sure you'll agree.

12 minutes ago, MUTU said:

If by "us" you mean CHO, who's the only one who seems to have gained something, then yes. However, I'm pretty sure that CHO is wondering that if the window closes before he has a chance to move to Bayern, would he be getting the playing time he was getting before Bayern's interest or after Bayern's interest? The difference is quite notable, I'm sure you'll agree.

Haha, you are sure what the player is thinking from reading newspapers?

I'm sure he's thinking a million things right now, unfortunately just because Bayern bid 35m and publicly declared interest, does not mean he won't be thinking about anything else.

2 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Haha, you are sure what the player is thinking from reading newspapers?

And by watching him 'like' multiple Hummels posts or the announcement of Bayern signing Pavard (by the way, cost less than what we bid for CHO) on his official, verified, personal Instagram account.