Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

11 hours ago, DDA said:

Beyond bored with this now. I am soo dissapointed in CHO making these demands and stretching them out for this long. Just crack on and let us get on with our football.

Me too. Callum is immensely talented, but it seems like he is believing his own hype and is looking at the likes of Sancho at Dortmund and thinking he should be getting more opportunities. If I'm honest, I would like to see him work for his opportunities here, if he is the big Chelsea fan that he says he is. Is there a sense of self-entitlement here, perhaps? 

Jadon Sancho has encouraged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join him in the Bundesliga amid reports the Chelsea winger wants to move to Bayern Munich.

He told the Daily Mail: "Everyone has different pathways. Me and Callum are close friends. I know what he's all about.

"He's the next one I would say. He's very good and talented, fast, good dribbling skills. And I've told him the Bundesliga is a nice league. I just told him to do whatever is best for him."

24 minutes ago, the wes said:

Jadon Sancho has encouraged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join him in the Bundesliga amid reports the Chelsea winger wants to move to Bayern Munich.

He told the Daily Mail: "Everyone has different pathways. Me and Callum are close friends. I know what he's all about.

"He's the next one I would say. He's very good and talented, fast, good dribbling skills. And I've told him the Bundesliga is a nice league. I just told him to do whatever is best for him."

"I just told him to do whatever is best for him" = has encouraged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join him in the Bundesliga......

These headlines 

On 12/01/2019 at 7:42 PM, MUTU said:

Nice, we call it the Daily Fail too, but was wondering if it was more reliable towards news regarding local clubs. In fact they call it a buy-back clause but then describe a first-option.

The Telegraph, especially Matt Law, is usually rock solid.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT

Callum Hudson-Odoi urged to quit Chelsea by Jadon Sancho and join him in Germany

The talented youngster could leave Stamford Bridge and follow Sancho to the Bundesliga

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/callum-hudson-odoi-urged-quit-13852549

little fucker:rant:

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi urged to quit Chelsea by Jadon Sancho and join him in Germany

The talented youngster could leave Stamford Bridge and follow Sancho to the Bundesliga

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/callum-hudson-odoi-urged-quit-13852549

little fucker:rant:

He would not even be in the same team. I wonder why Dortmudn allow him to talk this much bullshit. If CHO is really as good as jadon and BAyern think he is then it is not in BVB's interest to have him play for their nemesis. Imagine it was the other way round and CHO would talk up Sancho urging him to join Spurs. The fans would be livid.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

He would not even be in the same team. I wonder why Dortmudn allow him to talk this much bullshit. If CHO is really as good as jadon and BAyern think he is then it is not in BVB's interest to have him play for their nemesis. Imagine it was the other way round and CHO would talk up Sancho urging him to join Spurs. The fans would be livid.

Thinking conspiratorially, we know that Dortmund is Hollywood FC's feeder team. CHO is LW, Sancho can play both, and is RW atm 

soooooooooooooooo

Maybe Sancho sees himself along with CHO as the Bayern winger pair circa 2021-22 (or in true Bayern fashion, 2022-23, as Sancho contract runs out in 2022 and he would move to Bayern ON A FREE, just like Goretzka, Lewandowski, Ivica Olic, Hamit Altintop, Sebastian Rudy, Mitchell Weiser (starting RB for Bayer Leverkusen now), etc. Special mention for them raping Bayer Leverkusen for Michael Ballack, whom they paid only 5 million quid for in 2002 when he was one of the top 5 or so players on the planet (I still say Germany would have won the 2002 WC if Ballack didn't get cumulative yellow-card suspended after the semi-final (which lead to a rules change) and who they talked into running his contract down.

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Thinking conspiratorially, we know that Dortmund is Hollywood FC's feeder team. CHO is LW, Sancho can play both, and is RW atm 

soooooooooooooooo

Maybe Sancho sees himself along with CHO as the Bayern winger pair circa 2021-22 (or in true Bayern fashion, 2022-23, as Sancho contract runs out in 2022 and he would move to Bayern ON A FREE, just like Goretzka, Lewandowski, Ivica Olic, Hamit Altintop, Sebastian Rudy, Mitchell Weiser (starting RB for Bayer Leverkusen now), etc. Special mention for them raping Bayer Leverkusen for Michael Ballack, whom they paid only 5 million quid for in 2002 when he was one of the top 5 or so players on the planet (I still say Germany would have won the 2002 WC if Ballack didn't get cumulative yellow-card suspended after the semi-final (which lead to a rules change) and who they talked into running his contract down.

thats true but apart from Ballack and Lewandowski all those were not exactly amazing players. But true Bayern rape the rest of the bundesiga just to erase competition without noticing how they shoot themselves in the foot long term by doing so. The marginalization of the bundesliga also means a marginalization of Bayern which we are witnessing right now. 

I don't think sancho even looks this far ahead. (Don't mancity have a buy back clause anyway?) i just think he is so full of himself that he thinks he has found the holy grail and now wants all his english buddies to join him bundesliga. Still Dortmudn should make him shut up. A player has no business publicly discussing other club's transfer policy and undermining his own clubs interest in the process. 

Also both players favourite position is LW

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

thats true but apart from Ballack and Lewandowski all those were not exactly amazing players. But true Bayern rape the rest of the bundesiga just to erase competition without noticing how they shoot themselves in the foot long term by doing so. The marginalization of the bundesliga also means a marginalization of Bayern which we are witnessing right now. 

I don't think sancho even looks this far ahead. (Don't mancity have a buy back clause anyway?) i just think he is so full of himself that he thinks he has found the holy grail and now wants all his english buddies to join him bundesliga. Still Dortmudn should make him shut up. A player has no business publicly discussing other club's transfer policy and undermining his own clubs interest in the process. 

Shitty have a right of first refusal, which Pepe claims he will never use. I call bullshit IF it is us or another top EPL team trying to buy Sancho. They will buy him, and then sell him out of the league (OR, I think, keep him, if he is truly that good. Mahrez is no spring chicken (he turns 30 in 2 years), so if in 2 or 3 years or so, Sancho is up for grabs, I can so see Shitty exercising the clause.

Leon Goretzka, btw, can be added, IMHO, to the list of BIG talents. I think he will end up a massive player. He is the complete CMF package. Time will tell, but I realllly rate him for last several years.

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Shitty have a right of first refusal, which Pepe claims he will never use. I call bullshit IF it is us or another top EPL team trying to buy Sancho. They will buy him, and then sell him out of the league (OR, I think, keep him, if he is truly that good. Mahrez is no spring chicken (he turns 30 in 2 years), so if in 2 or 3 years or so, Sancho is up for grabs, I can so see Shitty exercising the clause.

Leon Goretzka, btw, can be added, IMHO, to the list of BIG talents. I think he will end up a massive player. He is the complete CMF package. Time will tell, but I realllly rate him for last several years.

Goretzka is like the tactically polished German version of loftus cheek. Good at everything, physically adn technically, but not really outstanding at anything. And moved to Bayern too early. A box-to-box midfielder like him in that team and that league is just wasted, i got no idea how he will improve there without changing his profile. No wonder he has stagnated for 2 years now. 

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sorry for the double reply, but this is one I cannot wrap my head around as well.

Sancho is right-footed, same as Pulisic.

One would think that they would not be competing over RW, as Dortmund has been starting a FULLBACK at LW lately, a left-footed one at that, in Raphaël Guerreiro

It is even more bizarre when they literally have no true class LB other than Raphaël Guerreiro. Why play him at LW, when you have 3 potentially (or already) superb actual wingers capable of playing there?

Also, as I just alluded to, they have another great young LW (this one is right-footed) in Jacob Bruun Larsen, and he has been dropped lately too.

TM just changed Sancho's position to LW, but almost all his games are at RW, so no clue what is going on.

Finally their 4th winger (also young and good) Marius Wolf, a Frankfurt transfer this year, is, you guesed it, right footed and listed at RW

Does Lucien Favre have something against inverted wingers?

I much prefer inverted wingers, although a right footed RW is better at deep right corner originating crosses, much like a right-footed RB is. Its what CHO did for the assist in his last start at RW.

Hard to believe that the 2 best Dortmund wingers, both right-footed (Pulisic and Jadon) are reduced to fighting over the same RW position when it would seem natural to just play Sancho at LW and Pulisc at RW, or vice-versa.

Bonus note

Dortmund has who is probably the biggest bust of any young fullback in the world (given how great he looked just a couple years ago), in  Jeremy Toljan. Unreal how far he has dropped. Spuds wanted him so bad in 2017. He was so so good at Hoffenheim, then for some reason, poof.

Borussia Dortmund talent Jeremy Toljan must be gutted Tottenham didn't sign him

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/18/borussia-dortmund-talent-jeremy-toljan-must-be-gutted-tottenham/

Tottenham Hotspur will face Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League last 16.

For Dortmund defender Jeremy Toljan, this should be a chance for him to prove to Tottenham they made a mistake not signing him in 2017.

The one major problem is that Toljan can't get a game, and is unlikely even to make the squad.

Right now he will be regretting that Tottenham decided not to sign him and took the more expensive option for Serge Aurier instead.

Let's rewind

German newspaper BILD reported in the summer of 2017 that Toljan was available from Hoffenheim for as little as £3 million.

This came during Tottenham's negotiations to sell Kyle Walker to Manchester City. It looked like Spurs chairman Daniel Levy was eyeing a bargain for the Germany under-21 international.

Spurs did not follow through their interest, with Toljan signing for Borussia Dortmund. Tottenham later paid £23 million to sign Serge Aurier.

Aurier has had a mixed time at Tottenham. Toljan's experience at Dortmund has been a downright disaster.

He made only 15 starts last season, and now this year under Lucien Favre he has been cast aside.

Toljan has not made a single appearance this season and the 24-year-old's career is not progressing as he would like.

Tottenham could probably sign him in January if they wanted to, but they have little need to now with Aurier there.

Instead Toljan will be regretting the fact Mauricio Pochettino did not choose him, and will be watching on in February thinking what might have been.

snip

Hoffenheim's defender Jeremy Toljan (L) and Leverkusen's midfielder Julian Brandt vie for the ball during the German First division Bundesliga football match   TSG 1899 Hoffenheim vs Bayer...

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Special mention for them raping Bayer Leverkusen for Michael Ballack, whom they paid only 5 million quid for in 2002 when he was one of the top 5 or so players on the planet (I still say Germany would have won the 2002 WC if Ballack didn't get cumulative yellow-card suspended after the semi-final (which lead to a rules change) and who they talked into running his contract down.

Do I need to point out the overwhelming irony in your statement or can you do that on your own? Bayern spent €12.9m for Ballack, close to, if not breaking, the club transfer record. You have to remember that in those times, that was the cost of players. Real Madrid wanted Ballack too but he wanted to stay in Germany and chose Bayern. Now compare that to how Chelsea signed Ballack from Bayern. Or Claudio Pizarro.

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

But true Bayern rape the rest of the bundesiga just to erase competition without noticing how they shoot themselves in the foot long term by doing so. The marginalization of the bundesliga also means a marginalization of Bayern which we are witnessing right now.

Well, meh.

Let's see:
Caballero, Green, Cahill, Ampadu, Kanté, Drinkwater, Barkley, Moses & Giroud (9 players in total)

versus:
Neuer, Ulreich, Süle, Hummels*, Kimmich, Goretzka, Gnabry, Lewandowski & Wagner* (9 players in total)
*is a Bayern youth product who was sold and bought back.

DwiuHlZX0AEc9cc.jpg:large

2 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Well, meh.

Let's see:
Caballero, Green, Cahill, Ampadu, Kanté, Drinkwater, Barkley, Moses & Giroud (9 players in total)

versus:
Neuer, Ulreich, Süle, Hummels*, Kimmich, Goretzka, Gnabry, Lewandowski & Wagner* (9 players in total)
*is a Bayern youth product who was sold and bought back.

DwiuHlZX0AEc9cc.jpg:large

The fuck you are talking about. Always this whataboutism..only because other clubs might do it too does not make it a better practice

Buying fringe players from clubs in the same league for decent amounts or picking up 35y.o. free agents is not the same as telling rivals' major players to run their  contracts down.

You are always talking so much bullshit...no wonder you are a bayern "fan"

The fuck you are talking about. Always this whataboutism..only because other clubs might do it too does not make it a better practice

Buying fringe players from clubs in the same league for decent amounts or picking up 35y.o. free agents is not the same as telling rivals' major players to run their  contracts down.

You are always talking so much bullshit...no wonder you are a bayern "fan"

Just because Lewandowski wanted to move to a bigger club and chose Bayern over the rest of Europe who were courting him doesn't mean you should get jealous and make unsubstantiated claims that Bayern asked the players to run their contract down. Every Borussia Dortmund fan would tell you he was gone with or without Bayern's interest.

It really isn't the same thing as you guys making Ballack move to London by offering him what was at the time a record salary that Bayern could not afford to match.

We offered Lewandowski and Goretzka salaries that were decent at best for their quality levels. They chose us for sporting and prestige reasons.

3 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Just because Lewandowski wanted to move to a bigger club and chose Bayern over the rest of Europe who were courting him doesn't mean you should get jealous and make unsubstantiated claims that Bayern asked the players to run their contract down.

It really isn't the same thing as you guys making Ballack move to London by offering him what was at the time a record salary that Bayern could not afford to match.

We offered Lewandowski and Goretzka salaries that were decent at best for their quality levels. They chose us for sporting and prestige reasons.

No idea why you are so obsessed with that. As I said just because other clubs do it, does not legitimize it. I just don't think it is smart from Bayern's perspective weakening an already weak league in the long term..not winning it this year makes it even more hilarious. The prem can handle it that's the difference.

Anyhow, you won't change my opinion and I don't give a fuck about yours. So why don't you just piss off  already to some plastic Bayern forum where you belong as you sooner or later will do anyway

There is no need to be insulting and obscene and I refuse to stoop down to this level.

Bayern aren't what is making the Bundesliga poorer: it's the exodus to Premier League clubs. Not just players, even head coaches (managers). Heck, Liverpool even signed our club cook and our fitness coach. If anything, Bayern are contributing towards retaining quality in the league.

Where were Bayern when BVB were offloading Sahin, Kagawa, Dembele, Gundogan, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan, all key players, amongst plenty of other names? At which point would you accept that selling key players is part and parcel of all Bundesliga clubs excluding Bayern?

Do you know how many times players joined Bayern simply because they outbid foreign clubs who would otherwise have taken the player?