Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

20 minutes ago, MUTU said:

But... wouldn't you agree that intensity and frenetic pace should result in more injuries?

If anything this goes against my question. How come the Bundesliga clubs consistently have more injuries than Premier League clubs?

I need to see a link proving this.

Here is a scientific study from the peer-reviewed British Journal of Sports Medicine that seems to show otherwise.

Elite football teams that do not have a winter break lose on average 303 player-days more per season to injuries than those teams that do: a comparison among 35 professional European teams

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2018/11/14/bjsports-2018-099506

Abstract

Objective To compare injury rates among professional men’s football teams that have a winter break in their league season schedule with corresponding rates in teams that do not.

Methods 56 football teams from 15 European countries were prospectively followed for seven seasons (2010/2011–2016/2017)—a total of 155 team-seasons. Individual training, match exposure and time-loss injuries were registered. Four different injury rates were analysed over four periods within the season, and linear regression was performed on team-level data to analyse the effect of winter break on each of the injury rates. Crude analyses and analyses adjusted for climatic region were performed.

Results 9660 injuries were reported during 1 447 011 exposure hours. English teams had no winter break scheduled in the season calendar: the other European teams had a mean winter break scheduled for 10.0 days. Teams without a winter break lost on average 303 days more per season due to injuries than teams with a winter break during the whole season (p<0.001). The results were similar across the three periods August–December (p=0.013), January–March (p<0.001) and April–May (p=0.050). Teams without a winter break also had a higher incidence of severe injuries than teams with a winter break during the whole season (2.1 severe injuries more per season for teams without a winter break, p=0.002), as well as during the period January–March (p=0.003). A winter break was not associated with higher team training attendance or team match availability. Climatic region was also associated with injury rates.

Conclusions The absence of a scheduled winter break was associated with a higher injury burden, both before and during the two periods following the time that many European teams take a winter break. Teams without a winter break (English clubs) had a higher incidence of severe injuries following the time of the year that other teams (other European clubs) had their scheduled break.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I need to see a link proving this.

I had done some research myself. Here's a link to a conclusion:

Just over a year ago 18% of all Bundesliga players were out injured as opposed to 10% of all Premier League players. I've done these checks every now and then and the results have always put the Bundesliga at the helm of the % of injuries.

Also, there's a winter break in Germany at the moment. Your impression is that that causes fewer injuries, but take a look at https://www.sportsgambler.com/team-news/germany-bundesliga/ (keep in mind that squad sizes are generally smaller in Germany, too, as well as the total number of teams [18 instead of 20])

1 hour ago, MUTU said:

Where are you getting these figures from? I trust transfermarkt more than any other source. Here's what you're looking for: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-chelsea/alletransfers/verein/631

They claim that this season you spent £180.90m and received £48.24m (net loss of £132.66, much higher than the £75.1m you calculated... perhaps you forgot to include Pulisic?)

Then last season it was £234.54m spent, £180.54 received (net loss of £54m, almost identical to the £54m)

Anyway these figures are not a good way to calculate profits, because they do NOT include bonus add-ons in transfers (for example, had Chelsea accepted Bayern's latest bid for CHO, it'd show up as £15m even if it ultimately rises to £35m), sign-on fees and agent fees. Some players appear as free transfers, but there is nothing like a free transfer except for when you're 'selling'. For example, I read somewhere Bayern may have spent some €18m sign-on fee for Goretzka, but in the 'net spend' he'd show up as a free transfer, ironically.

I stated that the 2018-19 numbers were for summer only. We dont know who we sell, who we buy yet for this window.

And yes all those are from TM.

I never stated those figures are an amortised profit/loss accounting statement nor are they representational of EBITDA.

They are a simple zero sum calculus of net transfer fee spending and not inclusive of salaries, interest, insurance, or secondary expenditures such as long term conditional performance bonuses.

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Blackmail? Torture? I'm open to suggestions.

I appreciate your eagerness but I just think torture's a wee bit too much. If your current board members ultimately end up getting treated by our club doctor, we'd be without a board for a couple of years. Thinking about it, that'd still be an improvement. While we're at it, can we swap club doctors, or are your players not up for a regular dose of goat blood and substances extracted from a cockerel's crest?

12 minutes ago, MUTU said:

I appreciate your eagerness but I just think torture's a wee bit too much. If your current board members ultimately end up getting treated by our club doctor, we'd be without a board for a couple of years. Thinking about it, that'd still be an improvement. While we're at it, can we swap club doctors?

That's only because you haven't been on the supporter's end of our board.  After a couple of years, you'd understand how understated that measure it.  

As for club doctors?  Do you mean a swap of the one our former manager got sacked, for the one your former manager got sacked?

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

That's only because you haven't been on the supporter's end of our board.  After a couple of years, you'd understand how understated that measure it.  

As for club doctors?  Do you mean a swap of the one our former manager got sacked, for the one your former manager got sacked?

Well, take a look at the last general meeting of Bayern, if you can sift through booing and insulting/sarcastic questions to the board members, that is.

The problem with our club doctor is that he never really got sacked. And Guardiola WAS right. This 76 year old witch doctor uses experimental treatment that he refuses to get peer-tested, and generally involve blood or other stuff extracted from farm animals. Plus he's a fan of homeopathy, where he wants players' bodies to heal themselves rather than use medicine and (legal) drugs like everybody else does. This is why Bayern always have so many players injured, because our injured players take much longer to heal from injuries than they would had they been treated by other doctors. As a professional footballer, one of the factors that should be taken into consideration, but (probably) rarely is, is the quality of the club doctor. I bet nobody told Hudson-Odoi this.

1 minute ago, MUTU said:

Well, take a look at the last general meeting of Bayern, if you can sift through booing and insulting/sarcastic questions to the board members, that is.

The problem with our club doctor is that he never really got sacked. And Guardiola WAS right. This 76 year old witch doctor uses experimental treatment that he refuses to get peer-tested, and generally involve blood or other stuff extracted from farm animals. Plus he's a fan of homeopathy, where he wants players' bodies to heal themselves rather than use medicine and (legal) drugs like everybody else does. This is why Bayern always have so many players injured, because our injured players take much longer to heal from injuries than they would had they been treated by other doctors. Bet nobody told Hudson-Odoi this. As a professional footballer, one of the factors that should be taken into consideration, but (probably) rarely is, is the quality of the club doctor. Please don't tell Hudson-Odoi.

Didn't know about that.  The press we had here about the doctor was slanted towards the Pep = villain type angle.  But, it was reported a little under the radar so it became "Look at the press against Jose, when Pep does the same thing, no one cares".  So, football, basically.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Didn't know about that.  The press we had here about the doctor was slanted towards the Pep = villain type angle.  But, it was reported a little under the radar so it became "Look at the press against Jose, when Pep does the same thing, no one cares".  So, football, basically.

I wouldn't sign for Bayern if I was CHO, due to the club doctor. One good injury and you're out indefinitely. Just to bring an example, when Neuer was last injured the first estimate was he'd be back in November 2017. Instead, his first match was during the World Cup, and he hasn't been the same goalkeeper since.

Just now, MUTU said:

I wouldn't sign for Bayern if I was CHO, due to the club doctor. One good injury and you're out indefinitely. Just to bring an example, when Neuer was last injured the first estimate was he'd be back in November 2017. Instead, his first match was during the World Cup, and he hasn't been the same goalkeeper since.

We've actually been pretty good.  Aside from Demba Ba or Loic Remy, who were always injured when we needed them.  Our injury record is pretty good, as well as our recovery.

A club doctor isnt going to make a difference in signing or staying 😂 talk about clutching at straws....

Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt was sought out to heal bizzare and long term injuries faster/more efficiently not just by footballers but various other sports atheletes went to him for treatment, including Usain Bolt. Just because Pep threw a wobbler doesnt change anything. The fact Bayern reappointed him after Pep left shows how highly they think of him... but no CHO shouldnt go there because they have this guy as a doctor.

15 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

:)64baaad4f8048a4732c6d70543baeea6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No they won't Chelsea taps up players all the time. Rather than doing this we should bid for Bayern's best players too, like what PSG did to Barca after they turned Verratti's head. Show them that we are not to be bullied around.