Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

3 minutes ago, MUTU said:

The issue is the risk that CHO and Bayern see if they agree to sign a contract for summer, that Chelsea would just throw him in the stands and he'd never see the pitch again, basically what he's done for most of this season. If you want to keep him for 6 more months on the basis of 'needing him', then you should put your money where your mouth is and be held financially liable if he's not played purely for tactical reasons. It's unfair on CHO and Bayern having to wait 6 months to unite on the basis of Chelsea needing him but then not actually playing him. If Chelsea are serious about wanting to play him, then Chelsea should consider this option.

Except that we don't HAVE to do any of that.  Has no one ever aid "no" to you before?  Did you try to try to find a way to make them liable for saying "no"?  If we feel we need him, why do we have to sell him?  And why in God's name would anyone make an agreement like the one you are proposing?  "Let's keep things as they are now, but make me monetarily liable if you're not happy enough".  

I'll tell you what.  Let's take your deal and turn it the other way.  If Bayern and CHO don't think he's needed.  How about you buy him for 50M, and in every match where we would have played him, you give us another 10M.  Put your money where your mouth is (when I say 'your' I obviously mean Bayern Munich)

Like I said to you before, we need him.  If Bayern and/or CHO don't believe that's fine.  If neither party can wait until the summer, Bayern can make an offer that we couldn't afford to turn down.  Give us Lewandowski, Alaba, and Thiago on loan until the end of the season, and buy us Icardi in the summer.  I'm sure we'd say yes to that. 

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm not going to get involved in anymore arguing over how Bayern are interpreted but I think you'll find that quite a lot of non Bayern fans have the same viewpoint whether you want to admit it or not.

My feeling is that CHO isn't yet good enough to play for Bayern. He has more than enough potential to become a star but I honestly don't understand the lure for him to go to Bayern given the options they already have in the wide areas (even once Robben and Ribery have left) and it's very possible they'll look to replace those two players with a real top winger in the summer. This would leave 3 or 4 players fighting for the other spot. 

If he's been promised a certain amount of game time by Bayern I think that it's also a silly move for him. He'll be under immense pressure given the price tag and the hype around him rather than being given the chance to develop and learn he'll be expected to perform immediately which I'm not sure if he's yet ready for that level of expectation from a team expected to win everything domestically and challenge deep in Europe.

With the greatest respect if this was a team like Leipzig or Leverkusen the next level down I think it would be a good move for him to learn his trade and develop at a slower rate without the number of eyes and expectation on him immediately. But at present I struggle to see Bayern being a better option than Chelsea where he is on the cusp of playing regularly already at the age of 18. We too have two ageing wide players and the other a superstar likely to leave in the summer. The opportunity I believe is here for him if he wants/wanted it.

I worry about this as well. Renato Sanches also came with high expectations but didn't really get a fair chance. Then he got loaned out to Swansea where he looked like a real flop. He's looking better each match since he came back but he's still not really getting much playing time. I fear it'd be much of the same for CHO too. I think everyone's had the Sancho success story get to their heads.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Except that we don't HAVE to do any of that.  Has no one ever aid "no" to you before?  Did you try to try to find a way to make them liable for saying "no"?  If we feel we need him, why do we have to sell him?  And why in God's name would anyone make an agreement like the one you are proposing?  "Let's keep things as they are now, but make me monetarily liable if you're not happy enough".  

I'll tell you what.  Let's take your deal and turn it the other way.  If Bayern and CHO don't think he's needed.  How about you buy him for 50M, and in every match where we would have played him, you give us another 10M.  Put your money where your mouth is (when I say 'your' I obviously mean Bayern Munich)

Like I said to you before, we need him.  If Bayern and/or CHO don't believe that's fine.  If neither party can wait until the summer, Bayern can make an offer that we couldn't afford to turn down.  Give us Lewandowski, Alaba, and Thiago on loan until the end of the season, and buy us Icardi in the summer.  I'm sure we'd say yes to that. 

Hence why I said it'd be the same as option 1, which would be Bayern not getting him. I realistically see Bayern getting him in January or at most on a free in 2020 (which I really doubt). I'd be surprised if we get him in summer.

2 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

So Option 1 is your answer.

The reasons WHY , all benefit Chelsea, so jog on with your terms and conditions lol.

Assuming he doesn't hold contempt against you, or vice versa, and flop. I wouldn't like a disgruntled player in the team, and is why I wanted Bayern to sell Lewandowski when he wanted to leave, but eventually he claimed he's no longer interested in leaving so that did work out, but it's not always going to be such a success story.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I like this.

And Sancho too.  I didn't include him because clubs don't typically sell players they need in the winter.  We have to replace the HG status with another English player.  It's not crazy in a world where only Bayern Munich and CHO get everything they want.

Just now, MUTU said:

Assuming he doesn't hold contempt against you, or vice versa, and flop. I wouldn't like a disgruntled player in the team, and is why I wanted Bayern to sell Lewandowski when he wanted to leave, but eventually he claimed he's no longer interested in leaving so that did work out, but it's not always going to be such a success story.

Reading too many newspapers.

6 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Hence why I said it'd be the same as option 1, which would be Bayern not getting him. I realistically see Bayern getting him in January or at most on a free in 2020 (which I really doubt). I'd be surprised if we get him in summer.

If you really want him and he really wants you, a summer move isn't out of the question.  If neither of you want it anymore, then this is all moot.  If I met a girl and I told her how much I loved her and she's perfect for me, blah blah blah, but she said she couldn't go out with me this week, I'd have to wait until next week.  Well, if I said no, I can't wait that long, then I think we'd have to question the sincerity of my interest.

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

If you really want him and he really wants you, a summer move isn't out of the question.  If neither of you want it anymore, then this is all moot.  If I met a girl and I told her how much I loved her and she's perfect for me, blah blah blah, but she said she couldn't go out with me this week, I'd have to wait until next week.  Well, if I said no, I can't wait that long, then I think we'd have to question the sincerity of my interest.

You meet a girl and told her you loved her and she's perfect for you blah bla blah but along comes her BOYFRIEND and tells you "hey even though she wants you, she's still mine and maybe I want to f**k her, maybe not, for 6 months. Then you can have her after I've finished. Oh, and you need to pay me, a lot of money" :P

Kidding of course, since relationships don't have contracts. You really can't draw parallels.

2 minutes ago, MUTU said:

You meet a girl and told her you loved her and she's perfect for you blah bla blah but along comes her BOYFRIEND and tells you "hey even though she wants you, she's still mine and maybe I want to f**k her, maybe not, for 6 months. Then you can have her after I've finished. Oh, and you need to pay me, a lot of money" :P

Well, you only say you want to f**k her.  Neither I nor she believes that.  So, if you don't you should be financially liable to her. :P

Edit:  I should add, well, she is with another guy so, I can't really get too salty about it.  If I really love her, I guess I'll have to wait.

8 minutes ago, MUTU said:

I worry about this as well. Renato Sanches also came with high expectations but didn't really get a fair chance. Then he got loaned out to Swansea where he looked like a real flop. He's looking better each match since he came back but he's still not really getting much playing time. I fear it'd be much of the same for CHO too. I think everyone's had the Sancho success story get to their heads.

The biggest differences with Sancho is that he moved with very little fanfare and expectation. He had a whole season last year to grow, adapt (very important this especially for a player so young and let's be honest us English are not the greatest race for adapting to new cultures and languages) and develop behind other players. This season Dortmund are reaping the benefit but even at the start of this season he still wasn't expected to be a starter so it's been a pleasant surprise.

If CHO takes this move he'll be expected to hit the ground running. I wonder if Sancho would have been as successful if he had been chucked in immediately last season expected to work wonders. And that is at Dortmund which is not the same level as Bayern.

Here at Chelsea he'll have far less expected of him by us fans and be given the benefit of the doubt when he does have poor games, makes mistakes, dips in form, etc. I cannot see him getting that if he moves to Bayern for that much money.

20 minutes ago, MUTU said:

I realistically see Bayern getting him in January or at most on a free in 2020 (which I really doubt). I'd be surprised if we get him in summer.

We'll have to see what the club decides but I can't realistically see you getting him this month, not without a significantly higher offer.

This guy seems to be under the arrogant assumption that Chelsea should just negotiate any deal that is most suited for what Bayern want out of the transfer. Well here's a newsflash, the kid is under contract for another 18 months and Chelsea are holding most, if not all the cards. Sure the player has seemingly made it known he would welcome the move but there’s really not much he can do but keep his head down if the club tell him they're only open to negotiating any potential transfer in the summer and not mid-season.

And if that's the case then Bayern’s only options are to either wait till the summer to come back with a new offer if they still want him, or even try to wait a little longer and snap him up on a free in 2020 when his contract expires. Latter might not really be a good option because he would almost certainly be frozen out from the first team next season if he made his intentions of running the contract down known to the club and that would mean a year’s worth of development wasted. Because let's face it why would any big club be open to keep developing a still unproven 18-year-old youngster if it was already known he would end up going to another club on a freebie and the new club would be the only ones to reap all the rewards?

The way I see it, the possibilities are as follows:

1. Bayern pay overvalue this January, making it impossible for Chelsea to say now. I’m thinking like €50M or something, surely that’s too good to decline for an 18-year-old with that little experience no matter the potential.

2. The player stays and doesn’t sign a new contract. He will keep his head down and continue playing whatever games he can between now and the rest of the season, when situation will be re-examined. At that time he will either sign the new contract if he’s happy with the role he’s gotten or is sold, to Bayern or whoever else depending on how he’s performed during the rest of this season. In case of a sale, no matter how good or bad he’s played the price will definitely be lower than it would be now because a) the contract is then only 12 months and b ) getting a replacement in the summer is easier for Chelsea.

Either way it's all about what Chelsea are willing to do and not about what/when Bayern want, which I'm sure must be a really tough spot for them having usually been dealing with Bundesliga clubs that just give into their bullying tactics without putting up any fight.

5 minutes ago, Jype said:

This guy seems to be under the arrogant assumption that Chelsea should just negotiate any deal that is most suited for what Bayern want out of the transfer. Well here's a newsflash, the kid is under contract for another 18 months and Chelsea are holding most, if not all the cards. Sure the player has seemingly made it known he would welcome the move but there’s really not much he can do but keep his head down if the club tell him they're only open to negotiating any potential transfer in the summer and not mid-season.

And if that's the case then Bayern’s only options are to either wait till the summer to come back with a new offer if they still want him, or even try to wait a little longer and snap him up on a free in 2020 when his contract expires. Latter might not really be a good option because he would almost certainly be frozen out from the first team next season if he made his intentions of running the contract down known to the club and that would mean a year’s worth of development wasted. Because let's face it why would any big club be open to keep developing a still unproven 18-year-old youngster if it was already known he would end up going to another club on a freebie and the new club would be the only ones to reap all the rewards?

The way I see it, the possibilities are as follows:

1. Bayern pay overvalue this January, making it impossible for Chelsea to say now. I’m thinking like €50M or something, surely that’s too good to decline for an 18-year-old with that little experience no matter the potential.

2. The player stays and doesn’t sign a new contract. He will keep his head down and continue playing whatever games he can between now and the rest of the season, when situation will be re-examined. At that time he will either sign the new contract if he’s happy with the role he’s gotten or is sold, to Bayern or whoever else depending on how he’s performed during the rest of this season. In case of a sale, no matter how good or bad he’s played the price will definitely be lower than it would be now because a) the contract is then only 12 months and b ) getting a replacement in the summer is easier for Chelsea.

Either way it's all about what Chelsea are willing to do and not about what/when Bayern want, which I'm sure must be a really tough spot for them having usually been dealing with Bundesliga clubs that just give into their bullying tactics without putting up any fight.

Basically.  If you want a player in the winter window you have to overpay.  No one wants to lose a member of the squad half way through the season.  It has to be an offer that's too good to refuse.  We've paid those premiums a number of times.  It's the facts of the winter window. 

Chelsea may report Bayern Munich to FIFA for tapping up teenage wonderkid Callum Hudson-Odoi

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6575095/Chelsea-report-Bayern-Munich-tapping-Callum-Hudson-Odoi.html

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea may report Bayern Munich to FIFA for tapping up teenage wonderkid Callum Hudson-Odoi

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6575095/Chelsea-report-Bayern-Munich-tapping-Callum-Hudson-Odoi.html

At the very least this looks like Chelsea will do the absolute most they can do before giving in and letting CHO go.