test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

192 posts in this topic
53 minutes ago, the wes said:

Benfica want to sign Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi after his stand out season for the Blues at reserve level.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-wonderkid-callum-hudson-odoi-14621610

according to this source Benfica wants to buy him not loan him out 

A link like that can turn a kids head.

We will have to be careful how we manage his next step.

On 2/10/2018 at 0:45 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

The overhyping of this kid is unbelievable. We saw it with Bamford, Musonda, Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Abraham, etc. yet none have made it here as of yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hudson-Odoi doesn’t either.

Bamford I wrote off the first time I saw him play for one of our development sides.

When people moaned about Charly being dropped for some 'big' academy games, I posted in support of those decisions. When he was being praised to the hilt for his performances in Spain I was posting to say that in fact, barring one outstanding display, he was not playing well and would be dropped unless he improved.

Five years ago I posted (elsewhere) to say that Ruben was a terrific prospect but that he needed a kick up the backside so that he'd learn to get more involved in games and make an impact. He's always shown flashes of brilliance which excites us all but then he strolls around or makes blind runs so that his effective contribution is close to zero. I watched one England age group game where he touched the ball only three times in a twenty minute spell.  Maybe he has cured that now. We'll see.

Baker I never believed in and said so.

Abraham I said I like the way he makes the most of his attributes but that I didn't see him as a player who is good enough for the team we want Chelsea to be.

You may read this as me trying to boast about getting things right but in fact I'm trying to suggest that I'm not susceptible to hype. About Callum I confidently say he is a terrific player who will make it somewhere. Possibly here.

Hybrid Angel likes this

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Bamford I wrote off the first time I saw him play for one of our development sides.

When people moaned about Charly being dropped for some 'big' academy games, I posted in support of those decisions. When he was being praised to the hilt for his performances in Spain I was posting to say that in fact, barring one outstanding display, he was not playing well and would be dropped unless he improved.

Five years ago I posted (elsewhere) to say that Ruben was a terrific prospect but that he needed a kick up the backside so that he'd learn to get more involved in games and make an impact. Maybe he has learned that now. We'll see.

Baker I never believed in and said so.

Abraham I said I like the way he makes the most of his attributes but that I didn't see him as a player who is good enough for the team we want Chelsea to be.

You may read this as me trying to boast about getting things right but in fact I'm trying to suggest that I'm not susceptible to hype. About Callum I confidently say he is a terrific player who will make it somewhere. Possibly here.

What do you think about Mount?

With Lampard becoming manager at Derby and Jody Morris joining him as assistant manager, this may be a perfect loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi. Pretty sure Derby will line up 4-3-3 and with Morris managing Hudson-Odoi through his development stages and knowing how good he is, you would think this is a move that should happen and would be a brilliant loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi too. Maybe Mason Mount too. Lampard's and Morris appointment at Derby should hopefully see some of our exciting talents getting a loan opportunity there.

the wes and ja1 like this

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

With Lampard becoming manager at Derby and Jody Morris joining him as assistant manager, this may be a perfect loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi. Pretty sure Derby will line up 4-3-3 and with Morris managing Hudson-Odoi through his development stages and knowing how good he is, you would think this is a move that should happen and would be a brilliant loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi too. Maybe Mason Mount too. Lampard's and Morris appointment at Derby should hopefully see some of our exciting talents getting a loan opportunity there.

Would much rather see SOME of them get that opportunity here tho.

DDA likes this

3 hours ago, Stats said:

give Derby Charly Musonda Aswell 

21 hours ago, Stats said:

If it was Jody Morris in charge I'd say there would be pretty good chance of that happening but Lampard will have his own ideas, want to stamp his authority on the squad. Don't think Frank will be as interested about tapping into the Chelsea reserves as much as Jody Morris would have been who worked hand in hand with these players for a good period of time. Can only hope but don't count on it. 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, OneMoSalah said:

If it was Jody Morris in charge I'd say there would be pretty good chance of that happening but Lampard will have his own ideas, want to stamp his authority on the squad. Don't think Frank will be as interested about tapping into the Chelsea reserves as much as Jody Morris would have been who worked hand in hand with these players for a good period of time. Can only hope but don't count on it. 

He will wants to have his own ideas however I am sure him choosing Morris as an assistant will mean he will take a lot of ideas from Morris. Especially as he has had so much success with the youth players. A lot fans would want to see Hudson-Odoi with the first team and so would I but if he goes to a Championship team that can develop him well, would not be a bad loan. Mount looks very probably as although he has a brilliant season with Vitesse, I still think he will go out on loan due to the amount of CM we have.

OneMoSalah likes this

Frankie taking Morris has just put us deeper in the shit than we already was. Just another main piece of the puzzle we need to find.

7 weeks to go and not 1 piece of good news. Just bad on top of bad.

Hardly, as good as Morris did managing us at youth level is the equivalent of managing Celtic. The U16 boss will step up and everything will be tickety-boo.

Fully expecting Callum to play a role this season. Especially after Sarri saying he wants to improve the players on the feild and doesn't care too much about transfers. He is ready.

On 2018. 07. 18. at 9:27 PM, DDA said:

Fully expecting Callum to play a role this season. Especially after Sarri saying he wants to improve the players on the feild and doesn't care too much about transfers. He is ready.

It’s nice that we’ll play 6 Europa League matches and 2-3 Carabao Cup games against weaker sides this spring, I hope some youngsters will get some playing time.

That run when he shook off his marker, damn it boy. Fell in love a bit.

DDA likes this

1 minute ago, El P. said:

Hands off, he is mine! 💙

1 hour ago, El P. said:

He's a stud. Strong, great dribbling ability, eye for goal, blistering pace, got decent vision too. One other thing he has as well which is in some ways important to be a top player, is he can be selfish when he gets a taste of goal. Most elite attackers are greedy too. That is something Hazard should be.