Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Also I find it hilarious that Sarri keeps saying "we are short on options, Odoi injured etc" Pointing at Odoi injury in every interview. Just how convenient that Odoi got injured and suddenly we are out of depth. As if pre injury he was always playing or in plans, right? 

How many games he didnt even make the bench and wasnt injured? 

Regardless of how much he has or hasn't played, he has been a member of the first team squad since the start of the season so obviously if he's injured it will be reported.

4 hours ago, DDA said:

After watching Zolas press. . . I am a lot more positive on our stance with Odoi. We obviously don't want to lose him, it's now up to him if he wants to leave. That bloody Sancho is the worse thing that happened to aid this situation. Little twat.

Reiss Nelson too.

921dca23bc8abebfd4aceb63df3f8e98.png

9d294205bb6cba74200c02ee0820b824.png

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I get the outrage about him not getting a chance here but hes hardly going to waltz into Bayerns starting 11 in the next 18 months either. Or Juventus' 11. He has huge potential obviously but you would think this guy is prime Messi reading some posts. It is a shame after a promising pre-season he doesnt get more of a look in but such is our record with youth I am genuinely surprised anybody is shocked. The game against Watford he was poor, timid... he played better last season under Conte in the game time he got, looked more confident too. Further proof he can still improve here rather than Bayern. I think his minds made up though.

I honestly do NOT get the the outrage about him no getting minutes. OK maybe there is a point about Cups, but not PL. He's 18 and not nearly at the level of the senior players at a club like Chelsea.

If he has indeed already agreed with Bayern and is not going to sign an extension, then do NOT sell him. Drop him to the youth team and let him rot there for an year and a half. Sometimes it's more important to show to the other players and the next CHOs that the club can play hardball.

There are a lot of players at his age that show as much potential as he does, or more. The development from now on will determine what he will do in football... forcing an exit at 18 is definitely NOT a good start.

54 minutes ago, Robchels said:

I honestly do NOT get the the outrage about him no getting minutes. OK maybe there is a point about Cups, but not PL. He's 18 and not nearly at the level of the senior players at a club like Chelsea.

If he has indeed already agreed with Bayern and is not going to sign an extension, then do NOT sell him. Drop him to the youth team and let him rot there for an year and a half. Sometimes it's more important to show to the other players and the next CHOs that the club can play hardball.

There are a lot of players at his age that show as much potential as he does, or more. The development from now on will determine what he will do in football... forcing an exit at 18 is definitely NOT a good start.

It's interesting to know if he is really forcing a move away or has expressed frustrstion about the lack of minutes he is getting. I just can't see him being too big for his boots, especially after an interview post victory win against POAK. He scored and assisted one saying, "I had to pinch myself, it was a dream come true. To do this for my boyhood club". He obviously wants to play but I don't think this one is over yet. The journo breaking all the news in relation to Byern is Hogstein... he must be a Byern agent or some shit.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

It's interesting to know if he is really forcing a move away or has expressed frustrstion about the lack of minutes he is getting. I just can't see him being too big for his boots, especially after an interview post victory win against POAK. He scored and assisted one saying, "I had to pinch myself, it was a dream come true. To do this for my boyhood club". He obviously wants to play but I don't think this one is over yet. The journo breaking all the news in relation to Byern is Hogstein... he must be a Byern agent or some shit.

I think part of this is CHO using Bayern's interest as a bargaining chip.

If he stays now in many ways he becomes a £40m player, which will put a bit more onus in him getting squad player minutes minimum, something i imagine him and especially his agent are aware off.

Chelsea appear to be close to making their worst mistake in years

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/chelsea-appear-to-be-close-to-making-their-worst-mistake-in-years/

Chelsea have let so many top talents go in recent years, and another appears to be edging closer to the exit. Callum Hudson-Odoi is apparently increasingly likely to join Bayern Munich, according to Sky Germany, with the Blues – likely against their will – running out of options. 

However, the Blues need to consider just how much of a poor decision this would been. They’ve had great young players before, but it’s been a while since a youngster as talented as Callum Hudson-Odoi has been on the scene.

The attacker looked right at home in the Chelsea squad over the summer, owing to his incredible pace, energy and dribbling, and given the poor form of Willian, in particular, it’s a travesty that he hasn’t had a proper chance this season.

snip

We need young players, says Bayern coach Kovac

https://www.afp.com/en/news/3955/we-need-young-players-says-bayern-coach-kovac-doc-1bz6i74

Bayern Munich coach Niko Kovac admitted Saturday his team needed "young players", amid speculation the German champions have launched a 33-million-euro bid for Chelsea teenager Callum Hudson-Odoi.

Kovac, speaking at Bayern's annual winter training camp in Qatar, refused to confirm or deny the club's interest in the 18-year-old English star but conceded changes were needed.

"We always need young players," said Kovac.

"It is my job and the job of (Bayern Munich sporting director) Hasan Salihamidzic to change the team as the team does not get any younger."

He added: "If a player is good it doesn't matter how old he is.

"We are looking for younger talented players but also players who are ready because the young talented players need time to develop."

Chelsea assistant coach Gianfranco Zola has said Bayern are "very interested" in the teenager, whose has been with the Londoners since 2007 but is stalling on a new contract.

Hudson-Odoi is seen as a potential rising star of the English game and was a member of the England Under-17 team which won the World Cup in 2017.

But it is claimed he wants to play more -- he has only played three times for Chelsea's first team -- and may be persuaded by the example of another young English winger Jadon Sancho who is thriving at Bundesliga league leaders Dortmund since deciding to leave Manchester City.

Under-pressure Kovac needs to reinvigorate Bayern and replace many of the team's long-standing stars who are approaching the end of their careers.

Two of those players, Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery, have announced they will finish their careers at the end of this season.

Bayern currently stand second in the Bundesliga, six points behind Dortmund.

The club, which is sponsored by Qatar Airways, will be in the Gulf until January 10.

snip