test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

1,182 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

Sign a contract.

I think if he signs a new contract it might mean he gets to play more. Maybe not. Just a hunch. I would imagine its probably wrong but 😂

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Played a blinder on the RW too.

Real talent. On left he dribbled, cut inside and took a shot, on right he dribbled and then made cross or pass. No nonsense bs like we see from Willian trying his weak foot and fuck things up. 

Very good decision making, he knows what to do in given situation. Whoever will give him regular playtime and develop his raw talent is getting some player.

Hopefuly it will be us.

9 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi has more assists in 59
minutes than Willian has since October.

Bonkers aint it. He's allegedly been told Pedro and Willian are ahead of him -well offload one of 'em then !

If I had to be negative of Hudson -Odoi it would be his lack of clinical finishing -that, however can be finely tuned on the training ground-something that Bayern are aware of though we're not

Played well. Very sharp, quick and especially, direct. Nothing fancy but efficient and got the job done.

25 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Willian is the most overrated winger on the planet. Alexis is basically benched, so you cant claim him.

Alonso is the most overrated fullback on the planet.

Really have to seriously question Sarri's talent judging on both, especially his asinine statement on Alonso being 'close to best fullback in Europe.' combined with him trotting Willian out almost every single game.

Not only do they hurt the team on the pitch, they are hurting us personnel-wise, especially Willian, who is on verge of being a huge component in the clusterfuck of us losing a potential academy-developed superstar..

Sell these frauds. Every single reason their defenders give for keeping and starting them is bullshit. 100% pure rot.

Despiadado.Maleante likes this

Now I don't want to defend Willian as he's had a poor season, but to compare CHO's 2 assists today to Willian's since October is a bit unfair - this is the weakest opposition we've played all season. Had Willian started, there is a chance he would have dominated and made fools of the defenders. 

Aside from that, we really do need to keep CHO. If we end up keeping him, Bayern's interest was actually good in hindsight as it probably built up his confidence, and more importantly woke up the Board and coaching staff.

Fernando likes this

10 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Now I don't want to defend Willian as he's had a poor season, but to compare CHO's 2 assists today to Willian's since October is a bit unfair - this is the weakest opposition we've played all season. Had Willian started, there is a chance he would have dominated and made fools of the defenders. 

Aside from that, we really do need to keep CHO. If we end up keeping him, Bayern's interest was actually good in hindsight as it probably built up his confidence, and more importantly woke up the Board and coaching staff.

As if Willian was not in action against low tiers opposition we faced both in EL and PL the recent stinker he had against wolves and Leicester...Willian is not part of the future of this club either Sarri stays for long or not unlike CHO who can be the natural heir to Hazard position or role considering Hazard continual flirt with Real and his contract situation... Yes he is not a finished product but he is far better and superior than Willian at the moment...

yuvala likes this

I want to know what Sarri keeps smoking that makes him keep persisting with Willian ahead of Callum Hodaon Odoi...Willian is a turd...you can't really Polish a turd

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

I will be pissed off if CHO doesn't started in the next game 😠😠 

Vesper and xPetrCechx like this

Good for him, but people are disregarding the opposition, which is something fans often do. Please don’t compare completely unequal things... it’s silly.

otherwise, to be consistent, we’d have to say morata is great too! ;) 

The quality of the opposition is basically everything.

DYC. and DANILA like this

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/hudson-odoi-hints-he-could-stay-at-chelsea_346072.html

"Hopefully, hopefully (in response to whether he would now receive more minutes). You never know. I feel really proud to get opportunity to play and help the team get the win we deserved," Hudson-Odoi told BeIN Sports.

yuvala, xPetrCechx and Vesper like this

2 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

I want to know what Sarri keeps smoking that makes him keep persisting with Willian ahead of Callum Hodaon Odoi...Willian is a turd...you can't really Polish a turd

How any Chelsea fan can speak in these terms about a Chelsea player is a mystery to me. There's room enough in the English language to describe even the lowest opinion of a player without going for the crude insults.

Panic likes this

1 hour ago, Robchels said:

Good for him, but people are disregarding the opposition, which is something fans often do. Please don’t compare completely unequal things... it’s silly.

otherwise, to be consistent, we’d have to say morata is great too! ;) 

The quality of the opposition is basically everything.

Morata didn't look any different than against any other side, shit example. He just had incredible amount opportunities on a platter. Look at the overall performance and focus on their skill sets. We have seen Willian against much weaker opponents over the past six seasons, i know what he is capable of. 

Nottinham Forest are a upper Championship team, their quality in defense is not that much different from lower PL. They struggle offensively.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Morata didn't look any different than against any other side, shit example. He just had incredible amount opportunities on a platter. Look at the overall performance and focus on their skill sets. We have seen Willian against much weaker opponents over the past six seasons, i know what he is capable of. 

Nottinham Forest are a upper Championship team, their quality in defense is not that much different from lower PL. They struggle offensively.

Sorry, another comparison I strongly disagree with.

There are players who do well against stronger opposition and players who do poorly against stronger opposition. In general, younger players do poorly against stronger opposition, which is why you don't see a whole lot of them starting for the top clubs. The physical and mental aspects of the game play a very big part in tough matches.

Willian has had really good single-elimination CL games (more than Eden for ex). Willian does well against stronger opposition because he is a team player, regardless of his end product. There is a reason many top clubs and managers rate him - don't really understand why folks choose to ignore this fact.

Odoi was very poor against Watford. Eden has had poor games against smaller sides where he's contained by physicality. The same would happen to Odoi, but far more often.

He's an 18yo player who will get opportunities as he should. Now, if folks here think he is right now better than Willian, then it's really a discussion that does not interest me. And I'm far from a WIllian fan.

5 hours ago, Stats said:

It is a shame that rather than focus on the performance of our player, people are using it to have continuous shots at Willian. He is our player and while he might not be delivering the goods, is It fair the amount of slack he is getting? We are supporters. The continuous mocking and abuse of him is ridiculous. Seems that people have fun making jokes out of our players who has provided a good service for the years he has been here. That is just my intake on things anyway.

funny how you defend the one player who took shots at our still working manager, and then blaming it on his daughter.

shit player and a shit person.

Unionjack, eemanyooel and Vesper like this

5 hours ago, DANILA said:

No. Willian can not even destroy a weak team. He did nothing against the derby county.

2 hours ago, Robchels said:

There are players who do well against stronger opposition and players who do poorly against stronger opposition. In general, younger players do poorly against stronger opposition, which is why you don't see a whole lot of them starting for the top clubs. The physical and mental aspects of the game play a very big part in tough matches.

Willian has had really good single-elimination CL games (more than Eden for ex). Willian does well against stronger opposition because he is a team player, regardless of his end product. There is a reason many top clubs and managers rate him - don't really understand why folks choose to ignore this fact.

Odoi was very poor against Watford. Eden has had poor games against smaller sides where he's contained by physicality. The same would happen to Odoi, but far more often.

He's an 18yo player who will get opportunities as he should. Now, if folks here think he is right now better than Willian, then it's really a discussion that does not interest me. And I'm far from a WIllian fan.

Willian is good player. But it is now a thing of the past. 

Odoi was poor agianst Watford? Wiilian was poor against all-premier-team. Why are you so strict to Odoi?

Willian is 30 years old, Odoi is 18 years old. Odoi have enormous potential for development.

In order to keep Odoi, We have to give him a chance instead of Willian right now.

manpe likes this

2 hours ago, Robchels said:

Willian is the antithesis of what is needed in a Sarriball winger. He slows down the entire system. He is a ball hog, lacks a creative football brain, and as he ages, has lost his scoring ability to a scary degree.

Before you say he is only 30 (31 next summer), might I remind you that Alexandre Pato, a few months back was 28. LOLOL

Robinho, who has been around since jeebus was a little boy, and has been utter shit for 7 or so YEARS is only 34

Rooney shit out the minute he hit 30.

The difference between a 28yo Alexis and a 30yo Alexis is literally insane.

Cesc, who most say is a spent force (leg wise) is only 31.

We were beyond numpty twats to not take £65m and RUN for Willian last summer.

Most of us (damn near all?) called it 6 months ago.

If Eden leaves (100% lock if no CL), and then (or now) CHO STILL leaves, Willian (and Sarri) will be partial architects in the semi-destruction on a couple year (hopefully only that long) basis of the club, due to on-field shitbaggery (limp-todger anaemic offence) and personnel (ie. CHO not getting but a whiff of playing time and Willian trotted out like clockwork) shitbaggery. 

Dont forget the cascading effect this will have on our academy and young players. Look at Shitty, Sancho is causing many to want to leave there already. Brahim Diaz is now pulling the same shit.

Unionjack likes this