test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

239 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, manpe said:

Do you what favour? Social media rules these days,it is what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Your damn right it does, perfect example of that....We have just sent out a bloke on loan to Dortmund who is actually better at social media than he as at football.

Social media only rules in the wrong hands.

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Your damn right it does, perfect example of that....We have just sent out a bloke on loan to Dortmund who is actually better at social media than he as at football.

Social media only rules in the wrong hands.

Have to admit it is annoying with all the attention whoring. Glad I've managed to stay away from it and have no active social media accounts.

11Drogba and !Hazard! like this

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Have to admit it is annoying with all the attention whoring. Glad I've managed to stay away from it and have no active social media accounts.

I tell you what I salute you, not many like you.

manpe likes this

It wouldn't be an over exaggeration to say that Hudson-Odoi is currently more effective than any other winger we have based on his cameo role against Bournemouth.

His pace is electriying. Ball control is second to none and seems to have an intelligent footballing brain. The future is very bright for this young man.

sounds and look promising, but just a word of caution: youngsters often are way ahead of their peers in physicality, which typically levels out when they reach the senior team.

Love his passion and the way he drives forward with the ball. Something I was hoping bakayoko would do.

Sell one of Pedro or Willian and give the spot to one of our youngsters. Hudson, Musonda, Boga.. whoever, can't keep ignoring the talents. There is no point in signing average semi-established players to block them, waste of money unless the signing is of far superior quality. Throw one in the deep end and see what sticks, we have never actually tried that, but in these times it makes more sense than ever.

Hudson-Odoi was exciting, a breath of fresh air, we need that. I think he had the first shot on goal for us, two in quick succession even. Nobody yesterday showed that kind of drive that he injected, and we had Hazard on the pitch. Something to think about... I'm tired of signing middle of the road players that don't elevate us and couldn't give less shit about the club. At least our boys would play their hearts out.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Simon1991 and King11Didier like this

This guy is the most talented..he will be a future superstar...He is next neymar / dembele in making

Having a very good game against Lincoln City for Chelsea U21's. On sky Sports 1 now.

I'll say it time and time again, he is the real deal.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Having a very good game against Lincoln City for Chelsea U21's. On sky Sports 1 now.

I'll say it time and time again, he is the real deal.

Yeah thought he was excellent. Hopefully he can get in squad again V West Brom.

He has something we sorely lack within our squad. Raw pace. It scares defenders (just ask Cahill) and pushes teams back and pins them in. Recently teams haven't been scared to press us high because we haven't got enough pace and directness getting in behind.

He certainly deserves to be within the first team squad and an option from the bench. He offers a 3rd choice striker option which should be far more effective than Hazard and one of the deeper or wider options too.

11Drogba and DDA like this

53 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He has something we sorely lack within our squad. Raw pace. It scares defenders (just ask Cahill) and pushes teams back and pins them in. Recently teams haven't been scared to press us high because we haven't got enough pace and directness getting in behind.

He certainly deserves to be within the first team squad and an option from the bench. He offers a 3rd choice striker option which should be far more effective than Hazard and one of the deeper or wider options too.

Hudson-Odi as a striker could actually work although I think his talents are best suited to the wing. This guy actually has amazing footwork. I haven't been this hyped about a player since I first saw Ronaldo. You can just see when somebody is special, it oozes out of them. I love watching them perform even if they don't play for us.

Superblue_1986 likes this

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Hudson-Odi as a striker could actually work although I think his talents are best suited to the wing. This guy actually has amazing footwork. I haven't been this hyped about a player since I first saw Ronaldo. You can just see when somebody is special, it oozes out of them. I love watching them perform even if they don't play for us.

I agree. Certainly in his formative years, he is better placed playing deeper as opposed to the pressure of playing as the lone striker but I think he could develop to play that position also.

In the current situation though with Morata out, he should definitely be first choice backup for the striker spot behind Giroud.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I agree. Certainly in his formative years, he is better placed playing deeper as opposed to the pressure of playing as the lone striker but I think he could develop to play that position also.

In the current situation though with Morata out, he should definitely be first choice backup for the striker spot behind Giroud.

Unfortunately that kind of logical thinking is a rare sighting at Stamford Bridge.

Superblue_1986 and jernej93 like this

8 hours ago, DDA said:

Unfortunately that kind of logical thinking is a rare sighting at Stamford Bridge.

That could change with attacking minded manager who could recognize attacking potential in those youngsters. Just look at Conte tactics - 7 defensive minded players and hoping that Hazard can produce something. There is no place for young attacking players in this system... 

15 hours ago, DDA said:

I feel exactly the same. It is crazy that this guy has just turned 17 in November. What we have seen from him is not too special compared to cameos of other academy products but you have to put it in perspective that usually our academy graduates first start for us when they are their early 20ies.But Hudson Odoi looks just as comfortable on the ball, confident on the field and particularly in his body than talents 4,5 years older than him. Usually 17 year olds no matte rhow quick or talented are lanky lads still moving a bit awkward. Even Ronaldo at 17 was a scrawny kid appearing to fall over with every stepover. Hudson-Odoi looks like he has been playing pro football for years already. I only hope he does not grow even bigger which might affect his agility. I really hoep we for once do not fuck this up.

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Hudson, we have a problem

That was Houstoun mate. I hope he's not like his namesake Alan Hudson great player but a miserable cock never stops slagging off Chelsea.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I feel exactly the same. It is crazy that this guy has just turned 17 in November. What we have seen from him is not too special compared to cameos of other academy products but you have to put it in perspective that usually our academy graduates first start for us when they are their early 20ies.But Hudson Odoi looks just as comfortable on the ball, confident on the field and particularly in his body than talents 4,5 years older than him. Usually 17 year olds no matte rhow quick or talented are lanky lads still moving a bit awkward. Even Ronaldo at 17 was a scrawny kid appearing to fall over with every stepover. Hudson-Odoi looks like he has been playing pro football for years already. I only hope he does not grow even bigger which might affect his agility. I really hoep we for once do not fuck this up.

Him and Ampadu are a level above what we have seen from the youth that have gotten debuts without loans.

Tomo likes this