Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Morgan Gibbs-White showed just why Sarri must have faith in Callum Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea

The 18-year-old was superb for Wolves in their 2-1 win over the Blues

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/gibbs-white-hudson-odoi-sarri-15515566

After a defeat like Wolves, many Chelsea fans might just jump on the bandwagon of calling for the youth to all play and let the more senior players rot on the bench.

Doing that isn’t the way, but what Morgan Gibbs-White showed is that a youngster without fear and having the confidence of his manager can be a dangerous thing.

"He brought energy. He brought focus," Espirito Santo said after the game. "He has a lot of things to improve on but together we are going to try and build something.

"I think this is one of the best generation of [English) players for a long time. If you think about Phil Foden, he is a world champion [U17s], it's not an example, it's reality. It's amazing what the national team are producing, well done to them."

The 18-year-old was superb for the home side last night, being the major threat, breaking through tackles and being lightening quick on the counter attack.

He also made a massive contribution to the opening goal as he breezed past Cesc Fabregas and then slotted a perfect pass for Raul Jimenez to run on to and fire into the back of the net.

snip

I coach my little lads under 7 side, we train every Wednesday, we pitch share with a good friend of mine Jonathan Woodgate (Boro assistant and ex Real Madrid/Newcastle etc). I spoke to him last night and he was in utter amazement at the sheer fact this kid cannot get his game.

He said "This kid Hudson-Odoi he's the best I have seen for years" I said "Not looking to loan him at Boro are you" "No chance he's going to be world class him, we would never get him"

Its not just us thinking like this and scratching our heads.

He's only got contract till 2020 so not much we can do about it. i can so see him tearing bundesliga apart so better fucking make him sign a new one. If we lose both Hazard and CHO with Willian and Pedro staying i will lose all faith in the club.

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He's only got contract till 2020 so not much we can do about it. i can so see him tearing bundesliga apart so better fucking make him sign a new one. If we lose both Hazard and CHO with Willian and Pedro staying i will lose all faith in the club.

If that scenario happend, it would be an absolute disaster.

32 minutes ago, DDA said:

If that scenario happend, it would be an absolute disaster.

ATM it is 60% (maybe more) the scenario most likely to happen. Combine that with 2 years of transfer bans and no activity this January, it will send the club down to a mid table spiral.

Been warning of all this since well before I joined here 11 months ago.

The incredible fails in the incoming (poor players in plus failures on crucial buys due to botched negotiations ie. Nainggolan, Alex Sandro, Romagnoli, Sergi Roberto, Icardi, etc etc) transfer market and selling market (De Bruyne, Salah, Costa, etc) are catching up to us.

The board is shit. Devastatingly bad record. It won't change until we are sold. It isnt like Roman is a brilliant self-made billionaire. His fortune, after numerous fails, is due to uber corrupt inside deals during the post-communist liquidation of state assets for pennies-on-the-pound prices. In the past 8 or so years, he has lost over 60% of his net wealth. He is now a huge target to be destroyed by the US/UK/NATO empire due to his ultra close ties to Putin.

The ex-Sibneft crew runs Chels, especially now. They do not know football to an acceptable level. Time to sell.

I know much of what I say about Abramivich is heresy in certain parts, but it is all true. It isn't rocket science to background it.

Hudson-Odoi not ready for Premier League says Sarri

Hudson-Odoi could join Dortmund in January

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/chelseas-hudson-odoi-could-join-dortmund-in-january/

Callum Hudson-Odoi is one of the hottest prospects currently honing his craft at Chelsea.

The 18-year-old has made 31 appearances for Chelsea’s under-18 side, in which he has scored 16 and assisted 10.

Hudson-Odoi has also played 21 times for Chelsea’s under-23 side, scoring 11 and assisting six in that time.

The young attacker has also already made nine appearances for Chelsea’s first-team.

Five of those nine games came this season under Chelsea’s new boss, Maurizio Sarri.

Hudson-Odoi’s most impressive display for Chelsea came in the Europa League vs PAOK Thessaloniki.

Chelsea would come away 4-0 winners and Hudson-Odoi would score one and assist one.

After his impressive display vs PAOK, many people expected Sarri to start giving Hudson-Odoi a chance in the league.

However, Sarri has stated that he is not ready to play in the Premier League:

“I don’t know if he is able for the Premier League at 18, especially in a big team.

“If he’s already ready now to make a difference in the team like Chelsea, he would be the best player in Europe in two years.”

Dortmund want Callum Hudson-Odoi in January

However, Borussia Dortmund clearly do not agree with Sarri’s assessment of Hudson-Odoi as they are reportedlygoing to try and sign the youngster in January.

Hudson-Odoi’s current deal runs out in 2020 and with his first-team chances limited at Chelsea, he could well be open to a move to Germany.

Dortmund have already had great success poaching young English talent from big clubs as they signed Jadon Sancho from Man City.

At just 18 years of age, Sancho is a key member of Dortmund’s first-team who currently sit top of the Bundesliga.

Sancho has scored seven and assisted 10 in 24 games this season and it seems Dortmund are hopeful of having similar success with Hudson-Odoi.

Chelsea are said to be trying to tie down Hudson-Odoi to a new five-year deal. But unless his game time is increased, Hudson-Odoi will unlikely be willing to stay at Stamford Bridge.

snip

I have to LOL at this:

“I don’t know if he is able for the Premier League at 18, especially in a big team.

WTF does he think DORTMUND is??

They have a puncher's chance at winning the CL this year, they are a clear top of table in the Bundesliga.

They play YOUTH, real youth all the time, including many of their key players.

Ridiculous statement. 

Chelsea reject Borussia Dortmund offer to swap Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi 

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/12/23/18153665/chelsea-reject-borussia-dortmund-offer-to-swap-pulisic-and-hudson-odoi-report

By all indications, Chelsea are continuing to push hard for the signing of young American Soccer God Christian Pulisic, but are hoping to do so without losing the even younger and potentially even more talented Callum Hudson-Odoi in the process. As recent rumors have claimed, Chelsea’s plans call for Pulisic on the right (replacing at least half the Willian-Pedro combination) and Hudson-Odoi on the left (as Eden Hazard’s successor). And that would certainly be ideal.

But real life tends not to work out ideally. Hudson-Odoi appears no closer to consistent playing time (he didn’t even feature in the League Cup in midweek!) and thus no closer to signing his contract extension. With only 18 months left on his current deal, the sharks are circling, looking for a tremendous bargain. Bayern are at the top of that food chain, but apparently Juventus and Real Madrid are keeping an eye on the situation as well.

Also keeping an eye are Borussia Dortmund themselves, who may have even proposed a swap of Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi. That’s the claim from Goal’s Nizaar Kinsella, adding that Chelsea rejected the offer and will be hoping to finally convince Hudson-Odoi to sign his extension in January.

snip

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Again we get a manager that does not do youth. 

Our board are truly lost. I'm pretty certain at this point that they have nobody actually doing their homework on managers and players ect. It's as if they see who's the current flavour of the month and go with that. Zero long term planning.

Really don't want to see someone of his potential leaving.

Perhaps the club can come to a compromise if he signs a new long term deal, they'll agree to loan him out to a club for 18 months and get some serious game time, whether that's a Bundesliga or lower Prem team. 

We dropped the ball with Loftus-Cheek with regards to taking so long before we loaned him out and we'll be lucky if it all works out and he forces his way in as a first team regular. You have to believe that another season or two of first team experience for RLC, he'd be such a far more polished and tactically solid player for us. 

CHO still has time on his side but there are similarities where he is on the cusp of the first team but not playing. And being involved in the first team squad is meaning he isn't getting games from any of the other groups at the club. The idea of 1 step back for 2 steps forward may need considering in the club's benefit of CHO's development.