Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

On 11/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, DDA said:

The only reason for CHO not starting one single game this season has to be a lack of tactical understanding. There is litetally no other excuse for it.

That same excuse can be rolled out for Willian, Hazard and Morata on Saturday, and many others.

We are just stagnating him, he may as well be sold, he can't even get a fucking kick in the EL.

...or Sarri's lack in trust with youths. He has no faith on the youths, just like Conte and Mourinho.

It's REALLY sad, I thought Sarri was smarter than this.

I think it's more to do with the smaller margin for error at Chelsea.

He gave Diawara plenty of game time last season to name one.

Continuously playing Morata up front with Willian and Luiz at the back are massive risks themselves. Might as well go all out.
Willian is the only one that should have no right to be ahead of Pedro for a host of reasons and even I agree with the two as well, you can understand why they are starting games.

AC needs to step up for his chance.

David Luiz...maybe. Maybe I can side with you on that on why he has to start games for us.
But for the CF situation? Giroud all day long. Doesn't fecking score, but Hazard and co. play better with him on the pitch and that's more important right now.
Morata whole game is more suited to Sarri's style but detrimental to the team. The fact Sarri went with a false nine before bringing Giroud on wasn't a positive sign.

Giroud is another one that needs to deliver to seemingly make an impression. He has to get his scoring touch back

I don't know what Sarri was thinking doing the false nine thing. It never worked at all when we are not playing in full confidence.

I'm not saying Giroud is a fantastic player and has potential like CHO. But it's annoying that Sarri is still not convinced, even when Hazard scored almost all his goals with Giroud on the pitch. Giroud did score during that embarrassment last Saturday, hopefully that's something.

We live in hope. Giroud offers something whenever he's on the field

For me, now is the perfect time for CHO to estsblish himself in the first team set up. If I was a manager who was coming into this Chelsea set up knowing how many different managers the players have played for, learning numerous tactical approaches then I would 100% introduce a few young talents as hot as CHO to learn my approach from fresh. Obviously you would keep the stars like Eden and Kante ect. But it just rings the bells of common sense to me.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

For me, now is the perfect time for CHO to estsblish himself in the first team set up. If I was a manager who was coming into this Chelsea set up knowing how many different managers the players have played for, learning numerous tactical approaches then I would 100% introduce a few young talents as hot as CHO to learn my approach from fresh. Obviously you would keep the stars like Eden and Kante ect. But it just rings the bells of common sense to me.

Its obvious Sarri doesn't rate CHO for shit. He is dead wrong.

Between his horrid rotation policy, his love of Luiz, Alonso, and Willian, his tactical blunders, his misuse of Kante (that shite aint working out bruv) his stubborn refusal to use different formations, and his refusal to play youth at all, I am tiring of him a bit.

He will deffo get sacked if we dont get him proper players, as he is a one trick pony.

Chelsea news live: Bayern in for Hudson-Odoi, Sarri reveals Hazard injured for PAOK

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/chelsea-news-live-transfer-napoli-15474479

Maurizio Sarri tells Callum Hudson-Odoi what he must do to break into the Chelsea first team

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/hudson-odoi-chelsea-sarri-ampadu-15477732

5 hours ago, mccg said:

Chelsea news live: Bayern in for Hudson-Odoi, Sarri reveals Hazard injured for PAOK

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/chelsea-news-live-transfer-napoli-15474479

Maurizio Sarri tells Callum Hudson-Odoi what he must do to break into the Chelsea first team

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/hudson-odoi-chelsea-sarri-ampadu-15477732

In other words, Moses out, Eden out

he still wont play CHO, he will shove the ageing Willian and Pedro out there yet again, or play RLC completely out of position

I am really tiring of Sarri's bullshit

I see almost ever other big club,many far better than us, playing youth

wtf is his malfunction:middlefinger:

In other words, Moses out, Eden out
he still wont play CHO, he will shove the ageing Willian and Pedro out there yet again, or play RLC completely out of position
I am really tiring of Sarri's bullshit
I see almost ever other big club,many far better than us, playing youth
wtf is his malfunction:middlefinger:
The club is at fault according to a large number of the forum. We haven't played youth in the past, so we have to stick to those principles and run the risk of losing another promising player.

,If Odoi doesnt get a start in the Europa tie then all hopes would be lost (the little which was left) of any young lad from the academy to make it to the Chelsea first 11. 

If we cant try out or experiment players while we are in the transition year then what is the point in having a world class academy?

This is just getting stupid!!! 

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri must shoulder the blame if Callum Hudson-Odoi quits club

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-boss-maurizio-sarri-must-shoulder-the-blame-if-callum-hudsonodoi-quits-club-a4003446.html

Maurizio Sarri has been a popular appointment at Stamford Bridge since his arrival in July, but now the relationship is starting to be put to the test.

Being the man in charge of a Chelsea side that gets beaten by Tottenham in embarrassing fashion, as they were on Saturday, is something all those connected to the Blues will find hard to forget. Playing N’Golo Kante out of position has raised eyebrows, too, as has his regular selection of Alvaro Morata and David Luiz.

Yet, the Italian remains in credit. Chelsea have lost only once in all competitions and must still be considered ahead of schedule. However, Sarri might find forgiveness a lot harder to come by should his treatment of Callum Hudson-Odoi drive the England hopeful out of Stamford Bridge.

Hudson-Odoi is one of the brightest youth prospects in the country, let alone in Chelsea’s well-renowned academy.

Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin will have bad memories of facing the 18-year-old in a pre-season friendly in Dublin, when the winger beat him time after time. Then, it seemed certain that he would get a reasonable amount of game-time in Sarri’s first season — the head coach even started him in the Community Shield against Manchester City.

snip

1 hour ago, Mana said:

I have been questioning Sarri since early October. Sarriball is good, and yes we have shite players but what he is doing with the youth is very poor. And playing players out of position. His unbeaten record was papering over the cracks, that's why I'm glad that is over.

CHO should be starting ahead of Willian by default. Pedro should as well.

Sarri is already having favourites and that's pissing me off.

Bit of an ironic comment seeing as how we are brilliant at promoting youth and playing them season after season.....

I honestly don't get it, how people are still surprised about this, it fucking baffles me, people moan about youth here as if we were like Ajax or United under Fergie or somebody in that ilk but we aren't so let's fucking give it a rest talking in the manner as if it goes against the traditions of the club or whatever bla bla bla, it doesn't. 

We have issues yes but a couple of teenagers aren't necessarily going to fix them either (although I see CHO and Ampadu both as guys who are more than good enough to play for this club regularly and maybe they deserve a fair short), there's a lot bigger concerns than to why Sarri, a manager in his first season at a club renowned for short term goals and sacking managers (managers who have done a lot more than him in football) regularly, isn't playing two teenagers more.

Andreas Christensen was the last young guy from the academy to play over 15-20 times for us and that was only last season. Before that who was the last? Maybe Chalobah the year before who was then told he'd be loaned out again because we signed the incredible flop that was Bakayoko? Then Ryan Bertrand, who was dumped by Mourinho, before him Josh McEachran maybe 7 years ago? If not Josh then probably John Terry after that. People are still surprised about our youth record but if you dig into it you'll see it's so poor and that we shouldn't expect anything to change in the short term.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

I moaned against Mourinho and Conte about not promoting youth, and I certainly will moan at Sarri.

I thought Sarri is going to be different, but he is not. Even if doesn't want to risk playing CHO in the PL, he should be able to play him in EL and Carabao Cup. We rarely ever see him. Even Mourinho did better with the youths than Sarri at this point.

"But we aren't", we should be. Look at City, Liverpool, Arsenal, United and Spuds FFS. There's youth players starting in their squads. Why are we the only ones not doing so? I'm not asking most of our youths to get in to our squad. I'm asking for CHO to make it in, and to extent RLC, Emerson and Ampadu. But certainly CHO. 

It's not as if the board is telling him NOT to play CHO, he just chooses not to and that's what angers me. He is playing too safe and starting to have favourites who are shite. I don't want CHO leaving our club, and him flourishing like de Bruyne.

Sarri keeps slating CHO over defence but then turns around and trots out Luiz, Alonso, Cahill (granted less time), Morata, Willian, and even playing RLC out of position at winger. Now he is slagging off Kante, who he is playing out of position as well, to cover for a very weak (at defence) Jorginho.

It is bollocks.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

I moaned against Mourinho and Conte about not promoting youth, and I certainly will moan at Sarri.

I thought Sarri is going to be different, but he is not. Even if doesn't want to risk playing CHO in the PL, he should be able to play him in EL and Carabao Cup. We rarely ever see him. Even Mourinho did better with the youths than Sarri at this point.

"But we aren't", we should be. Look at City, Liverpool, Arsenal, United and Spuds FFS. There's youth players starting in their squads. Why are we the only ones not doing so? I'm not asking most of our youths to get in to our squad. I'm asking for CHO to make it in, and to extent RLC, Emerson and Ampadu. But certainly CHO. 

It's not as if the board is telling him NOT to play CHO, he just chooses not to and that's what angers me. He is playing too safe and starting to have favourites who are shite. I don't want CHO leaving our club, and him flourishing like de Bruyne.

Yes I get it. But again it's nothing new.

Prior to Conte, prior to Hiddink, prior to Mourinho, prior to Benitez, prior to Do Matteo, prior to Villas-Boas.... we rarely used youth. Ancelotti tried it, freshening up the squad in his second season, to lower the average age but got sacked for finishing 2nd. The same Carlo Ancelotti who has won countless trophies in various leagues and is generally well respected across the whole footballing front. So what chance will Sarri have? If things don't go so well but he says oh I played 2 or 3 young guys regularly though.

Everyone expects it but all managers here in the last 10 year's have barely done it despite successful youth teams. So to continually moan about it is pointless. Nothing's changing fast. It doesn't shape a managers fate here.

Also regarding the other teams:

Liverpool have 1 academy player in their first 11, Alexander-Arnold from their academy.

City have 0. Spurs have Kane from their academy.

United have Rashford or Lingard through their academy playing regularly.

Their squads sure maybe fill of avademy players but at the same time we have Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Andreas Christensen, Callum Hudson Odoi, Marcin Bulka and Ethan Ampadu.... Sure they don't play a lot but again make up the squad. Like several others at those club's.

I want to see more of Ethan and Callum but I'm not going to be daft enough to think Sarri will play then from the start every week in every cup game, thought Villas-Boas would do that but it turned out he was the same. Not saying they can't hold their own because they quite clearly have shown they can in limited game time.