Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Just now, BlueLion. said:

Pulisic is undeniably a better player and there is a reason Frank would rather play Mount as a wide midfielder. 

Speaking of RLC, I honestly don't know where he will fit in. The only player I can see him replacing is Kante, but would you trust this team without Kante there to rescue us time and time again? 

A. Pulisic didn't tear is Achilles... 

B. Pulisic has 4 seasons of top flight football under his belt. 

2 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Pulisic is undeniably a better player and there is a reason Frank would rather play Mount as a wide midfielder. 

Speaking of RLC, I honestly don't know where he will fit in. The only player I can see him replacing is Kante, but would you trust this team without Kante there to rescue us time and time again? 

I bet anything if it wasn't for that run in October Pulisic would be getting it from all angles right now.

Regarding Ruben, he will hopefully be drip fed in for the rest of the season, I would recall Gallagher to compete with Mount till May.

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

A. Pulisic didn't tear is Achilles... 

B. Pulisic has 4 seasons of top flight football under his belt. 

And Mount? 

Defend him all you like, I'm fine with that and I respect your opinion.

On the other hand, I don't see what the fuss is about and think it's obscene he's on such money. 

1 minute ago, BlueLion. said:

And Mount? 

Defend him all you like, I'm fine with that and I respect your opinion.

On the other hand, I don't see what the fuss is about and think it's obscene he's on such money. 

I think it's obscene to suggest we should sell him after a poor first half of the season knowing damn well he just came back from a serious injury. He can only get better from here. 

Mount is essential to Lampard and his system so hardly an outcry that Lampard is preferring Mount over CHO who is still finding his feet. 

I know CHO is still only 19 and just came back from a serious injury. It's a fine line between being patient and expecting instant top level performances right now.

But I just wonder how long do we have to be patient before expecting CHO to perform? Next Christmas? I don't expect CHO to turn into Messi or Ronaldo and put in world class performances right away but certainly expect a lot more than what he's doing so far. He's been tentative at best.

Just now, Jason said:

I know CHO is still only 19 and just came back from a serious injury. It's a fine line between being patient and expecting instant top level performances right now.

But I just wonder how long do we have to be patient before expecting CHO to perform? Next Christmas? I don't expect CHO to turn into Messi or Ronaldo and put in world class performances right away but certainly expect a lot more than what he's doing so far. He's been tentative at best.

This, 100%. 

Not sure about the rules but CHO can still be used in the youth/reserve games right? Can't remember when the lads last played but surely it would have beneficial for him to play some games and regain his confidence etc? We have had to carry half a player in the squad while we are trying to get out of this rut. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's already shown he can compete at this level, when he returned he was doing one goal contribution a game for about a month and was good last season all be it against not great opponents for the most part.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He's already shown he can compete at this level, when he returned he was doing one goal contribution a game for about a month and was good last season all be it against not great opponents for the most part.

Now, I'm not saying CHO is one but any average player can go through a purple patch of form and look great for a few games. And as you pointed out, CHO looked great last season, mainly in the Europa League against some poor teams. 

Just now, Jason said:

Now, I'm not saying CHO is one but any average player can go through a purple patch of form and look great for a few games. And as you pointed out, CHO looked great last season, mainly in the Europa League against some poor teams. 

They can but he still as a raw teenager shown he can compete at this level (Pep was so worried about his introduction in the league cup final he instantly instructed a double up), and I know it's a big step up from youth League but he was at that level the star attacker in the most successful youth team since the Busby Babes.

He's well and truly earned a bit of patience through a rough period, especially with his injury.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He's well and truly earned a bit of patience through a rough period, especially with his injury.

But how long do we have to be patient? That's my point. Because his age and injury can't be thrown around after every non-performance when he's being trusted to perform on the pitch. 

Just now, Jason said:

But how long do we have to be patient? That's my point. Because his age and injury can't be thrown around after every non-performance when he's being trusted to perform on the pitch. 

It's not a definitive science, it depends on a lot of factors. Salah for example was dreadful for us but in hindsight we should have carried on persisting with him no matter how long it took.

Just now, Tomo said:

It's not a definitive science, it depends on a lot of factors. Salah for example was dreadful for us but in hindsight we should have carried on persisting with him no matter how long it took.

Using hindsight to justify that is not the most convincing answer. Patience is needed yes but the player in question must also make things happen to justify it. In this case, CHO needs to reevaluate, think, decide what he can do or should do to at least rediscover the kind of form he showed last season, because if he doesn't do that, no one is gonna do it for him and patience is not unlimited. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Using hindsight to justify that is not the most convincing answer. Patience is needed yes but the player in question must also make things happen to justify it. In this case, CHO needs to reevaluate, think, decide what he can do or should do to at least rediscover the kind of form he showed last season, because if he doesn't do that, no one is gonna do it for him and patience is not unlimited. 

Well it's actually a kind of apt comparison because the general consensus is we gave up on him too easily and we should have stuck with him, now 5 years on we have a similar situation.

Just now, Tomo said:

Well it's actually a kind of apt comparison because the general consensus is we gave up on him too easily and we should have stuck with him, now 5 years on we have a similar situation.

A better comparison would have been De Bruyne. 

But seriously though, how many times must I say this? My point isn't about giving up on CHO now but rather how long we should be patient for him to return to some kind of form before asking questions? Because every time when someone criticizes his performance, his age and injury get blurted out. The two factors aren't wrong but they can't keep be used every single time!

Just now, Jason said:

A better comparison would have been De Bruyne. 

But seriously though, how many times must I say this? My point isn't about giving up on CHO now but rather how long we should be patient for him to return to some kind of form before asking questions? 

Longer than two months of bad form as a teenager.