test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

264 posts in this topic
14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He turns 18 this month. He'll get minutes this season but dont expect him to be a regular, too much expectation too soon.

If anybody expected him to amass even a quarter of the minutes guys like Mbappe, de Ligt, Kluivert, Auoar, Sancho etc have or will amass this season then they are dreaming. When have Chelsea ever done this with youth players? 

I did hope he'd feature more in the Europa, Carabao Cup, FA Cup etc and he still might do to be honest the seasons still young. Jadon Sancho's rise at Dortmund has shown that it can be done by young Englishmen in foreign league but that has raised the expectations and now the likes or Foden, Hudson Odoi or every second, third or fourth PL youngster is being linked with moves to Germany etc. 

Think we shouldn't panic yet. Him and Ampadu still have plenty of matches to contribute to. I think he'll pen a new deal, Sarri was impressed with him the same way Conte was.

Hopefully we shift Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill in January, that will free up more chances of Europa/Cup matches for the two of them to play in some capacity.

I honestly don't see where these minutes are going to come from, if none of our attackers move on (putting the prospect of someone getting injured aside). EL group stages were his main chance to impress, so he has three more chances IMO to change the course of his season.

His eagerness or reluctancy to sign a new contract is totally up in the air. 

15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He turns 18 this month. He'll get minutes this season but dont expect him to be a regular, too much expectation too soon.

If anybody expected him to amass even a quarter of the minutes guys like Mbappe, de Ligt, Kluivert, Auoar, Sancho etc have or will amass this season then they are dreaming. When have Chelsea ever done this with youth players? 

I did hope he'd feature more in the Europa, Carabao Cup, FA Cup etc and he still might do to be honest the seasons still young. Jadon Sancho's rise at Dortmund has shown that it can be done by young Englishmen in foreign league but that has raised the expectations and now the likes or Foden, Hudson Odoi or every second, third or fourth PL youngster is being linked with moves to Germany etc. 

Think we shouldn't panic yet. Him and Ampadu still have plenty of matches to contribute to. I think he'll pen a new deal, Sarri was impressed with him the same way Conte was.

Hopefully we shift Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill in January, that will free up more chances of Europa/Cup matches for the two of them to play in some capacity.

I wonder if it is like in Germany where for an underage person to work i.e. to play football at senior level on Sundays or after 10pm he has to be granted a special permission every single time by some federal youth protection office so I could understand if a club would not want to put up with that bureaucratic struggle every time we have a cup/EL match or play on sunday which is probably 50% of our games just to have him in the matchday squad when we have tons of overage players in his position that maybe could explain his lack of action in some cases but less in other cases like last week vs Bate. 

I think it is too early to judge both situations i.e. Jadon sancho's and CHOs so far. Obviously I would love to have us only play world class talents and make them the next Messi but I have not really seen enough of either of them to be dead cert they will make it in the long run. 

On 10/28/2018 at 11:26 PM, Vesper said:

Shitty so so so fucked up :D, especially as they are not exactly happy with Sane atm, and also want to shop Sterling.

They are desperate to keep Sterling.

5 hours ago, herpthederp said:

They are desperate to keep Sterling.

I saw multiple reports both ways. Footie journos are so full of shit, lolol.