test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

1,039 posts in this topic
14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He turns 18 this month. He'll get minutes this season but dont expect him to be a regular, too much expectation too soon.

If anybody expected him to amass even a quarter of the minutes guys like Mbappe, de Ligt, Kluivert, Auoar, Sancho etc have or will amass this season then they are dreaming. When have Chelsea ever done this with youth players? 

I did hope he'd feature more in the Europa, Carabao Cup, FA Cup etc and he still might do to be honest the seasons still young. Jadon Sancho's rise at Dortmund has shown that it can be done by young Englishmen in foreign league but that has raised the expectations and now the likes or Foden, Hudson Odoi or every second, third or fourth PL youngster is being linked with moves to Germany etc. 

Think we shouldn't panic yet. Him and Ampadu still have plenty of matches to contribute to. I think he'll pen a new deal, Sarri was impressed with him the same way Conte was.

Hopefully we shift Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill in January, that will free up more chances of Europa/Cup matches for the two of them to play in some capacity.

I honestly don't see where these minutes are going to come from, if none of our attackers move on (putting the prospect of someone getting injured aside). EL group stages were his main chance to impress, so he has three more chances IMO to change the course of his season.

His eagerness or reluctancy to sign a new contract is totally up in the air. 

15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He turns 18 this month. He'll get minutes this season but dont expect him to be a regular, too much expectation too soon.

If anybody expected him to amass even a quarter of the minutes guys like Mbappe, de Ligt, Kluivert, Auoar, Sancho etc have or will amass this season then they are dreaming. When have Chelsea ever done this with youth players? 

I did hope he'd feature more in the Europa, Carabao Cup, FA Cup etc and he still might do to be honest the seasons still young. Jadon Sancho's rise at Dortmund has shown that it can be done by young Englishmen in foreign league but that has raised the expectations and now the likes or Foden, Hudson Odoi or every second, third or fourth PL youngster is being linked with moves to Germany etc. 

Think we shouldn't panic yet. Him and Ampadu still have plenty of matches to contribute to. I think he'll pen a new deal, Sarri was impressed with him the same way Conte was.

Hopefully we shift Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill in January, that will free up more chances of Europa/Cup matches for the two of them to play in some capacity.

I wonder if it is like in Germany where for an underage person to work i.e. to play football at senior level on Sundays or after 10pm he has to be granted a special permission every single time by some federal youth protection office so I could understand if a club would not want to put up with that bureaucratic struggle every time we have a cup/EL match or play on sunday which is probably 50% of our games just to have him in the matchday squad when we have tons of overage players in his position that maybe could explain his lack of action in some cases but less in other cases like last week vs Bate. 

I think it is too early to judge both situations i.e. Jadon sancho's and CHOs so far. Obviously I would love to have us only play world class talents and make them the next Messi but I have not really seen enough of either of them to be dead cert they will make it in the long run. 

On 10/28/2018 at 11:26 PM, Vesper said:

Shitty so so so fucked up :D, especially as they are not exactly happy with Sane atm, and also want to shop Sterling.

They are desperate to keep Sterling.

5 hours ago, herpthederp said:

They are desperate to keep Sterling.

I saw multiple reports both ways. Footie journos are so full of shit, lolol.

My ideal plan: Sign him to a new 5 year deal then send this kid to bundesliga for an 18th month loan. He will settle in and develop the way he should. Bundesliga is the best breeding ground for young attackers in a style somewhat similar to the PL. We can't stunt him the way we did RLC.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7804903/chelsea-news-callum-hudson-odoi-contract-latest/

If there was no resolution to this and CHO does end up leaving, we only have ourselves to blame. the fact he has only made 2 sub appearances and not managed 1 start with his contract not sorted out is quite frankly ridiculous. Especially with all the promise he showed in pre-season then he was just left out in oblivion. Also to the fact that we are heavily linked with Pulisic, I wonder how much that will sway things. But if we lose CHO, I will lose all faith in the academy tbh. He is one of our and English football's best prospects and it looks like he might be getting the same picture in regards to seeking a future elsewhere for the sake of his career. Can't believe we have not started him one game this season.

DDA likes this

2 hours ago, Stats said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7804903/chelsea-news-callum-hudson-odoi-contract-latest/

If there was no resolution to this and CHO does end up leaving, we only have ourselves to blame. the fact he has only made 2 sub appearances and not managed 1 start with his contract not sorted out is quite frankly ridiculous. Especially with all the promise he showed in pre-season then he was just left out in oblivion. Also to the fact that we are heavily linked with Pulisic, I wonder how much that will sway things. But if we lose CHO, I will lose all faith in the academy tbh. He is one of our and English football's best prospects and it looks like he might be getting the same picture in regards to seeking a future elsewhere for the sake of his career. Can't believe we have not started him one game this season.

The article draws a totally false comparison

CHO is a LW

Pulisic is a RW

both the vast majority of the time

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The article draws a totally false comparison

CHO is a LW

Pulisic is a RW

both the vast majority of the time

However if Hazard stays, both will be competing to play with him. Not instead of Hazard. If he sees signs off something blocking his gateway to the first 11, I can defo see him leaving. Especially he sees what Sancho is achieving. He must know he can set himself a similar platform, however if he stays here and we are buying other wingers, then when will he get his big chance? If it was a scenario where we would have to play CHO, we could easily play him and Hazard in the same team.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

However if Hazard stays, both will be competing to play with him. Not instead of Hazard. If he sees signs off something blocking his gateway to the first 11, I can defo see him leaving. Especially he sees what Sancho is achieving. He must know he can set himself a similar platform, however if he stays here and we are buying other wingers, then when will he get his big chance? If it was a scenario where we would have to play CHO, we could easily play him and Hazard in the same team.

Pulisic will bench Willian, hopefully. I dont want Pulisic though. I think £70m for him is madness. 

CHO has to be aware that Eden is probably gone in the summer, unless we do get the 2 year transfer ban and it prevents us from buying any players in the summer, in which case we will probably just have to eat Eden leaving on a free in 2021 as we cant just have true shit Willian, a rapidly ageing Pedro, and CHO as our only wingers. (plus Pulisic or whoever we buy this January).

Our board is shit, and if/when the bans come, it is probably going to destroy us for years to come. I am sure European bans will be handed down too.

I have little to no hope Roman and the board will set things right.

The very fact they rate Willian and Alonso and Luiz as top of the pile WC players shows you how fucked up it has all become.

If things really break badly we are going to be living a nightmare soon. It is not like I have been sounding a clarion call on this well before I joined this board.:(

On 11/23/2018 at 7:15 PM, DDA said:

The only reason for CHO not starting one single game this season has to be a lack of tactical understanding. There is litetally no other excuse for it.

Morata keeps starting yet his tactical understanding is to stay offside and fall. Luiz keeps starting yet his tactical understanding in defence is.... CHO can't be worse.

23 hours ago, manpe said:

Morata keeps starting yet his tactical understanding is to stay offside and fall. Luiz keeps starting yet his tactical understanding in defence is.... CHO can't be worse.

I am trying to see things through the eyes of reason. Otherwise, my head will explode.

On 11/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, DDA said:

The only reason for CHO not starting one single game this season has to be a lack of tactical understanding. There is litetally no other excuse for it.

...or Sarri's lack in trust with youths. He has no faith on the youths, just like Conte and Mourinho.

It's REALLY sad, I thought Sarri was smarter than this.

DDA and Johnnyeye like this

On 11/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, DDA said:

That same excuse can be rolled out for Willian, Hazard and Morata on Saturday, and many others.

We are just stagnating him, he may as well be sold, he can't even get a fucking kick in the EL.

Johnnyeye and DDA like this

...or Sarri's lack in trust with youths. He has no faith on the youths, just like Conte and Mourinho.

It's REALLY sad, I thought Sarri was smarter than this.

I think it's more to do with the smaller margin for error at Chelsea.

He gave Diawara plenty of game time last season to name one.

Just now, LAM09 said:

I think it's more to do with the smaller margin for error at Chelsea.

Continuously playing Morata up front with Willian and Luiz at the back are massive risks themselves. Might as well go all out.

Continuously playing Morata up front with Willian and Luiz at the back are massive risks themselves. Might as well go all out.
Willian is the only one that should have no right to be ahead of Pedro for a host of reasons and even I agree with the two as well, you can understand why they are starting games.

AC needs to step up for his chance.
Mana likes this

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Willian is the only one that should have no right to be ahead of Pedro for a host of reasons and even I agree with the two as well, you can understand why they are starting games.

AC needs to step up for his chance.

David Luiz...maybe. Maybe I can side with you on that on why he has to start games for us. Because I see where you're coming from, definitely.

But for the CF situation? Giroud all day long. Doesn't fecking score, but Hazard and co. play better with him on the pitch and that's more important right now. I want a striker that doesn't get caught offside constantly.

David Luiz...maybe. Maybe I can side with you on that on why he has to start games for us.
But for the CF situation? Giroud all day long. Doesn't fecking score, but Hazard and co. play better with him on the pitch and that's more important right now.
Morata whole game is more suited to Sarri's style but detrimental to the team. The fact Sarri went with a false nine before bringing Giroud on wasn't a positive sign.

Giroud is another one that needs to deliver to seemingly make an impression. He has to get his scoring touch back