Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

I have always thought he is overrated if I am being honest Charlie Musonda and Jeremie Boga can count themselves very unlucky not to have come through in the last 2 years since they had more talent than CHO. 
One notable difference between the three. [emoji6]

14 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Maybe you have a very high estimation of him.

I haven't seen anything special from him when we played big teams, and this goes back to last season when we played at Anfield, when he disappeared in attack.

But, I'm attributing this to the fact that hes still not fully developed as player and has still a few years ago, considering his age.

The cynical side of me would say CHO brought this on himself. He put himself under the spotlight by handing in a transfer request, then dragging out the contract negotiation for months and getting the club to pay him big money when he hasn't even turned 20 and has achieved nothing in football. I'm not writing him off but I can also see why people are expecting more from him to justify the hype. 

11 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I have always thought he is overrated if I am being honest Charlie Musonda and Jeremie Boga can count themselves very unlucky not to have come through in the last 2 years since they had more talent than CHO. 

Hahahahhahaha. 

Gotta laugh at some guys on this forum they wanted CHO to sign a new contract so badly now he's hada couple of bad games he's overhyped [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] it's just matter of time somebody on this forum is going to blame Marina for giving CHO a new contract 
Typical Chelsea Fans. They never see the reasons behind why players sometimes don't perform. RLC was not good enough either according to most of the fans and last season, he was one of our best players. Tammy was just a Championship level striker (according to our fans) and he is our leading goalscorer. It is what it is.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Typical Chelsea Fans. They never see the reasons behind why players sometimes don't perform. RLC was not good enough either according to most of the fans and last season, he was one of our best players. Tammy was just a Championship level striker (according to our fans) and he is our leading goalscorer. It is what it is.

Point me in the direct of one post that states RLC wasn't a valuable asset come the end of last season?

Most people can't wait to see him back and even goes as far as wanting him to play where Mount currently is.

Honestly can't stand the generalisation to help back up nonsense.

Point me in the direct of one post that states RLC wasn't a valuable asset come the end of last season?

Most people can't wait to see him back and even goes as far as wanting him to play where Mount currently is.

Honestly can't stand the generalisation to help back up nonsense.
My point was that nobody rated RLC before last seasons performances. There was a lot of critisicm and I was one of the few that defended him because he never had a chance to play his best position. Only Sarri gave him a Chance as a no. 8, which was his best position at youth level. RLC was always judged on performances, in which he played in other positions. CHO also has that Problem when he is judged on right winger performances. I know him from his Youth days and I can tell you that he will never be a good right winger. He can be a very good left winger or second striker though.

My point was that nobody rated RLC before last seasons performances. There was a lot of critisicm and I was one of the few that defended him because he never had a chance to play his best position. Only Sarri gave him a Chance as a no. 8, which was his best position at youth level. RLC was always judged on performances, in which he played in other positions. CHO also has that Problem when he is judged on right winger performances. I know him from his Youth days and I can tell you that he will never be a good right winger. He can be a very good left winger or second striker though.

People at this level need to be flexible to earn their chance. If Pulisic is going to bag a hat-trick in every other week, CHO is going to have get used to either predicament.

On 01/11/2019 at 11:35 AM, killer1257 said:

He will do fine as a left winger. As a right winger, he is just not good enough. People need to understand that he is a very one dimensional player when he plays as a right winger.

Also do not forget that he has got a lot of assists since he came back. He will do fine as a left winger or as a second striker.

What I do not like about our fans is that they always criticise him for the money he is earning. Sarri just fucked up. CHO was destroying it in pre season. Sarri did not rate him and CHO got frustrated by his lack of game time. Then he wanted to leave. If Sarri actually Integrated him better into the Team, he would have signed a new contract with way less money. The Bayern interest came later. Just a Sarri fuck up.
Live with that.

Thats hardly an excuse he played right wing almost every game he played under Sarri.

Hes just maybe not done as well as he did last season but even then Pulisic and Willian are playing well so thats another reason why he isnt featuring from the beginning and rightfully so. Where as last season the wingers didnt play so well which is why people were desperate to see him start every week. Other than his Europa League performances in the PL last season he didnt exactly set the world alight either. 

He just came off an extremely serious injury that 15 years ago could have ended a player's career. I'm going to reserve judgement. Same with Ruben when he returns. We have to take it slow with both of them. We all know they are very talented players

Thats hardly an excuse he played right wing almost every game he played under Sarri.
Hes just maybe not done as well as he did last season but even then Pulisic and Willian are playing well so thats another reason why he isnt featuring from the beginning and rightfully so. Where as last season the wingers didnt play so well which is why people were desperate to see him start every week. Other than his Europa League performances in the PL last season he didnt exactly set the world alight either. 
He did not play that well as a right winger there either. He had a top pre season with a good game against Man City and then he had some good performances in EL. In PL, he was average when he played as a right winger. He is a very one dimensional Player as a right winger because he can't use his dribbling style he likes.

Pulisic had one good game against Ajax as a sub and then his goal show in PL. Against United, he was horrible and he did not get any criticism for that.
Willian for me is bang average. When he does not score, he offers only his defensive work rate. Today, he was useless in the offensive point of view.

It's peculiar that people don't mention Newcastle. Pulisic came on against Newcastle and Ajax and helped us win both games. Was rewarded with the starts and he has duly scored the goals. We want players to make an impact whenever they play, no? Lampard set the challenge to the players and Pulisic has responded with 4 goals and 2 assists along with decent showings in the last few games. This is now like the reversal of the situation in September. Pulisic wasn't doing much then - even when he was given a chance to do so against Grimsby - and got panned by some here while CHO was making an impact and ahead of him in the pecking order. But now Pulisic is ahead of CHO after stepping up recently and it's up to the latter to rise up to the challenge really. 

There certainly seems to be an agenda with the following person where youth players are concerned.

Surely the majority of members here want those that are best suited for the job above all else. Every academy player isn't going to cut it & some need to realise quickly.