Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

10 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Confirmation from a member of the team that CHO was training like a beast but being held back.because we had a manager who wanted to wait 5 years to trust him.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-star-callum-hudsonodoi-says-he-made-right-decision-to-stay-with-blues-after-bayern-munich-a4256256.html

"The club have done so much for me and I'm so thankful for that," he told BBC Sport.

"The decision that I made was a very good one for me and my family. We all thought that it was the right club to be at.

"I've been here all my life, so there's no need to change yet. My mum and dad are happy where they are and I'm happy where I am."

Well... 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well he certainly took his time to decide to renew. Again a lot of talking but a young guy who is still learning, maybe just let your football do the talking and get on with it.... plenty of opportunities for him now again to kick on and show his worth but for saying the club have done a lot for him and whatever else he is coming out with he would of renewed a lot lot sooner in my opinion. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Well he certainly took his time to decide to renew. Again a lot of talking but a young guy who is still learning, maybe just let your football do the talking and get on with it.... plenty of opportunities for him now again to kick on and show his worth but for saying the club have done a lot for him and whatever else he is coming out with he would of renewed a lot lot sooner in my opinion. 

Notice the "odd" word or sentence there? 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

No need to change yet, embarrassing guy you can already tell he will create the same problems as Hazard in a few years if he kicks on.

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Notice the "odd" word or sentence there? 

Yeah "yet".

I think he'll be different to the rest of the lads from the academy and won't be as inclined to remain loyal. The lure of Bayern last season also suggests that he would probably like to try his hand at a move abroad in the future to one of the heavyweights.

If that's the case so be it. Chelsea hold all the cards now and his future for a few years is tied up. If we can continue to be a successful club that wins and challenges for trophies it will hopefully encourage him to spend his best years here.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

You people still dont get it? 

Hazard left because we werent good enough. Because we were doing side steps instead of improving.

If we remain like this for next 5 years, CHO will leave like any top player would (if he reaches that level). Suarez left Pool, Modric left Spuds etc. If we challenge for titles in europe and england, then the boy will stay here forever. Simple as that.

Same applies to Mount, Tammy etc. There is super small chance that a top player will stay in the club that cant compete for CL in 5 years. Kante is rarity. 

CHO isnt some bad loudmouth boy, its just the reality of football today. Some dont want to hear the words because they are true. If Chelsea reaches 2010 level of quality, no one will want to leave the club. So its realy up to us.

I see NO reason why we cannot make smart buys and be at a CL-winning level again in 2 to 3 years, there is NO excuse

we certainly have the money, as I have exhaustively shown for ages now

The only fucked up thing long-term problem (and it is a big thing unfortunately) is the new stadium

the goddamn Home Office needs to back off Roman and renew his bloody visa OR tell him he is perma-banned and hopefully then he sells the club to another billionaire (all I ask is no Saudi head-choppers) People think I joke when I say Bezos should buy us, but I am dead serious. Biggest club in the world's most important (still, but how long that lasts after Brexit, who knows) city. He cannot buy Real or Barca or Bayern, as they are not owned by one person/family. That leaves us, Manure, Victimpool, Juve, Shitty, AC Milan, and PSG in terms of the 10 biggest clubs in the world (followed by Atletico Madrid, Arse, Spuds, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Ajax (hindered by being in a tiny league), Roma, Lyon, and Everton.)

We would be the best buy overall, the Arabs will not sell Shitty or PSG. The only other true options would be to convince Fenway Sports Group to sell the Bindippers or the Glazers to sell Manure, which I admit, he could do. Bezos buying Manure would be my fucking nightmare, same for the dippers.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Hazard left because we werent good enough. Because we were doing side steps instead of improving.

Right...so we're gonna pretend it wasn't Hazard's dream to play for Real Madrid? We're gonna ignore the fact that he didn't talk about playing for Real one day ever since he joined us? 

Hazard might have been great for us but some might say his departure has made us better team overall, a more well rounded team as opposed to a team relying on one player with the rest being supporting cast. The fact that we haven't been talking about missing Hazard says it all.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we remain like this for next 5 years, CHO will leave like any top player would (if he reaches that level). Suarez left Pool, Modric left Spuds etc. If we challenge for titles in europe and england, then the boy will stay here forever. Simple as that.

Same applies to Mount, Tammy etc. There is super small chance that a top player will stay in the club that cant compete for CL in 5 years. Kante is rarity. 

CHO isnt some bad loudmouth boy, its just the reality of football today. Some dont want to hear the words because they are true. If Chelsea reaches 2010 level of quality, no one will want to leave the club. So its realy up to us.

Think the problem here is that CHO wanted to leave in January but was denied and he then toyed with the club into getting a big fat new contract that he doesn't deserve yet, as some might say. Now that he's gotten it, he's already dropping hints about leaving? If he's implying what we think he's implying, then this obviously isn't going to sit well for people, especially if they already thought CHO only stayed because of the big $$$$$$ that's been given to him.

Whether we will compete for the Champions League in 5 years remains to be seen but I'm sure we'll compete regularly again for the domestic trophies as long as we continue in the right path of the upward trajectory that we're in right now.

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I think this is why he wasn't tempted, for even a moment, to turn his back on Madrid once they had come knocking, but his transfer had to be at least as much about joining Real, as it was about quitting Chelsea.

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

CHO isnt some bad loudmouth boy, its just the reality of football today.

Yes, I agree. As for his contract, I continue to hope that the rumoured figure was a ridiculous exaggeration. A good contract for a player of his age and profile; fair enough. A monster £9m a year; utter madness if true.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Right...so we're gonna pretend it wasn't Hazard's dream to play for Real Madrid? We're gonna ignore the fact that he didn't talk about playing for Real one day ever since he joined us? 

Hazard might have been great for us but some might say his departure has made us better team overall, a more well rounded team as opposed to a team relying on one player with the rest being supporting cast. The fact that we haven't been talking about missing Hazard says it all.

Think the problem here is that CHO wanted to leave in January but was denied and he then toyed with the club into getting a big fat new contract that he doesn't deserve yet, as some might say. Now that he's gotten it, he's already dropping hints about leaving? If he's implying what we think he's implying, then this obviously isn't going to sit well for people, especially if they already thought CHO only stayed because of the big $$$$$$ that's been given to him.

Whether we will compete for the Champions League in 5 years remains to be seen but I'm sure we'll compete regularly again for the domestic trophies as long as we continue in the right path of the upward trajectory that we're in right now.

And who says he wouldnt stay here if we were competing for CL? Or at least leave when he turned 30 or something...

Even Drogba, Lamps, Terry flirted with other clubs but eventualy stayed because of the level we were playing at.

One thing is love for the club which all above have. Hazard has it too and Im sure he will be a part of the club eventualy again once he retires. Then come football ambitions. Terry and the guard stayed here because PL was at the top then and Chelsea was competing in CL final rounds every year more or less. Why would they leave? Hazard had a much weaker team and if he actualy wants to win balon d or, he is likely to do it playing for "everyones" favourite Real. Obviously he also was a fan of Real and Zidane which makes the whole thing a bit different. 

CHO just wanted to move in a more stable team with certain playtime etc guaranteed. Now he has everything here and if we stay competitive, he will remain here too.

As for the last part, sadly domestic isnt good enough. Im more than happy with those PL titles, but its clear players also want CL realy bad. So if CHO becomes one of worlds best, he aint staying if we dont play in semis or finals of CL. 

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

And who says he wouldnt stay here if we were competing for CL? Or at least leave when he turned 30 or something...

Even Drogba, Lamps, Terry flirted with other clubs but eventualy stayed because of the level we were playing at.

One thing is love for the club which all above have. Hazard has it too and Im sure he will be a part of the club eventualy again once he retires. Then come football ambitions. Terry and the guard stayed here because PL was at the top then and Chelsea was competing in CL final rounds every year more or less. Why would they leave? Hazard had a much weaker team and if he actualy wants to win balon d or, he is likely to do it playing for "everyones" favourite Real. Obviously he also was a fan of Real and Zidane which makes the whole thing a bit different. 

From day one, Hazard has talked about playing for Real Madrid and his love for Zidane, which became an added bonus when he took over Real. The likelihood of him leaving was always high. Drogba, Terry, Lampard all flirted with other clubs in order to get better contracts, not because we weren't competitive or anything like that. Different scenarios.

Furthermore, it's ironic you mentioned that Hazard might have stayed if we were competitive in the Champions League when he rarely turned up in the competition for us. During this time here, can count only 2 actual good performances from him - Maribor (h) and Atletico (a). Was hardly to be seen in the others. Now that he's gone to Madrid, he's arguably in an even bigger mess there than he was here or if not, roughly the same. No guarantee he'll find the success he wants there.

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

CHO just wanted to move in a more stable team with certain playtime etc guaranteed. Now he has everything here and if we stay competitive, he will remain here too.

As for the last part, sadly domestic isnt good enough. Im more than happy with those PL titles, but its clear players also want CL realy bad. So if CHO becomes one of worlds best, he aint staying if we dont play in semis or finals of CL. 

I did say previously that CHO would stay as long as he's guaranteed play time but at the same time, he also toyed with the club into get that big fat contract. So, it might not all be about ambition.