test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,373 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it is my nature

think the worst, be surprised pleasantly if not

it makes the higher chords humans can hit all that much sweeter

:)

When I was a kid, I was just like that. Nowadays, I am more objective and see all the positives and negatives in situations, but I tend to be more on the positive vibes :D .

A typical Vesper ending of a post is "We are so fucked" hahaha

Vesper and Atomiswave like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vesper said:

it is my nature

think the worst, be surprised pleasantly if not

it makes the higher chords humans can hit all that much sweeter

:)

Right on!

tend to be too negative at times as well even like the super sad indie songs the most.

In my defense, I get paid to see worst-case scenarios. Dunno whether that’s cause or consequence. :)

However, in football, being able to see things from a different POV, seems to work for me. Footballers have a very short career, so it is just natural they think about money most of the time.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, communicate said:

Should take it slow. Archiless is a nasty injury 

Optimist side agrees with you.

The cynic says, “it’s Bayern’s problem.” ;) 

At least no news is good news - it means they are still talking.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
According to reports Cho to sign a new contract this week 
I thought it was signed months ago but the club were holding back the announcement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Robchels said:

Footballers have a very short career

Short career my ass mate.......most of them get paid more in a week than we get in 10 years lol. I mean look at Cho, 180k a week, thats almost 2m Danish kroner, I for one have not seen that much cash in one go thats for sure.

I have zero sympathy in that regard, now if they choose to burn all that shit up and not think about the future then I totally get your view.

manpe and RoyalBlues like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Short career my ass mate.......most of them get paid more in a week than we get in 10 years lol. I mean look at Cho, 180k a week, thats almost 2m Danish kroner, I for one have not seen that much cash in one go thats for sure.

I have zero sympathy in that regard, now if they choose to burn all that shit up and not think about the future then I totally get your view.

I hear you, and certainly wasn’t thinking about sympathy here ;), but different things.

zillionaires still seek more money even if they don’t need it... and they don’t.

we are also talking about a very tiny percentage of players who get to this level. The vast majority don’t really make a lot of money playing football.

regardless, by 30yo they are looking into what they will do next, esp attacking players.

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Robchels said:

I hear you, and certainly wasn’t thinking about sympathy here ;), but different things.

zillionaires still seek more money even if they don’t need it... and they don’t.

we are also talking about a very tiny percentage of players who get to this level. The vast majority don’t really make a lot of money playing football.

regardless, by 30yo they are looking into what they will do next, esp attacking players.

Thats fair my man.....damn they make alot of dough dont they, but yeah after 32 most are done and dusted.

Vesper and Robchels like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he signs I really hope he is worth it. He is under 20 and gets paid 180K, lets hope it doesnt get to him somehow. I mean imagine all our in-house youth all turn class, would be fucking awesome. We have had one of the best academies if not the best for years now, about time they get their chance and prove their worth.

Supermonkey92 and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the tweet about signing in a week or so was from the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

If he signs I really hope he is worth it. He is under 20 and gets paid 180K, lets hope it doesnt get to him somehow. I mean imagine all our in-house youth all turn class, would be fucking awesome. We have had one of the best academies if not the best for years now, about time they get their chance and prove their worth.

Thinking more about the situation, reckon his youth may actually help us, as well as his career, because he will still be 23-24 at the end of the deal. 

So it’s not like he would be thinking of slowing down or anything like that, by then.

now he just needs to sign the deal... Reports seem to be regurgitating old news.

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

If he signs I really hope he is worth it. 

If he signs a new contract I would use Cho for bait to get Sancho all this stalling a new contract has put me off Cho from July it was rumoured he would sign a new contract and we are still waiting 

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now